Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Ice_Cap

WWE Great Balls of Fire/Battleground

220 posts in this topic

That Mike and Maria music can fu•k right the hell off...

2 people like this

33 minutes ago, dont care said:

Rusevs injured. I don't think it was always the plan for her to be a wrestler but they need to do something with her now that rusevs out so they are trying this. They know she is a fine piece of ass and that sells more than in ring ability.

It's a shame because their were plans to put him in the spot Jinder's in right now. He'd have been way more deserving. 

How is Jinder not deserving?

I'll be honest - I'm enjoying the Jinder Mahal championship experience and I was a guy who was way down on his title win. The bacne needs to be treated though; it's pretty gross.

The first match was bogus, but the rest of the show has been pretty entertaining. Certainly better than the last RAW PPV.

1 person likes this

At least Randy's only pretend murdering the one Singh brother this month.

...and as soon as I type that, he RKOs the hell out of one on a table.

3 people like this

I loved the, I didn't actually grab any part of cowboy bob ortons clothes so I'll just hold a fist next to him and hope no one notices

15 minutes ago, JQK said:

I'm happy they're giving new guys a shot at the top, even if it meant pushing Jinder out of the blue. His title run so far is allright.

7 minutes ago, JQK said:

The character Jinder Mahal hadn't won anything before winning the belt, and didn't even deserve the title shot over anyone else.  The character has been a nobody, being lost with 3MB, outcasts, etc.   Maybe the actor is deserving - I don't know.  I know that I'm skeptical of his transition.

4 minutes ago, DG_Now said:

I'll be honest - I'm enjoying the Jinder Mahal championship experience and I was a guy who was way down on his title win. The bacne needs to be treated though; it's pretty gross.

The first match was bogus, but the rest of the show has been pretty entertaining. Certainly better than the last RAW PPV.

It's been booked better than I expected.  I really wish they'd drop the america hates me schtick, but other than that, he's done a good job with his promos, developing his character, looking the part, and just acting like a champion - not a flash in the pan.  It's questionable whether he deserved the ball, but so far he's run with it.

1 person likes this

Just now, BringBackTheVet said:

It's questionable whether he deserved the ball, but so far he's run with it.

Exactly. He JBLed it instead of Jack Swaggered it. It seems rare a guy elevates himself to the title, but Jinder really has done so. Credit to all involved.

2 people like this

Honest question, since I'm not around Tuesdays to watch Smackdown:

Is American Alpha still around? This is the third tag match of the night, and they haven't been in any of them. That said, I'm a little happy that Breezango and the Ascension are doing something.

8 minutes ago, JQK said:

Being given a title just because of his Indian heritage. When the whole time between his return and title win his got humiliated by gronk on mojo, won maybe 3 matches over that span. Certainly less deserving than rusev who was solidly established in the upper part of the card rather than being a jobber.

his reign is entertaining but his method of getting to there was more manufactured than any title roman reigns has received and that's saying something.

1 person likes this

Good show, except the MITB endings sucked for different reasons.

I would have liked to see Sami win. But Baron Corbin isn't a bad choice.

That was an "A" show. Only part that didn't do anything to further a story was the Fashion Police/Ascension stuff

2 hours ago, JQK said:

That was an "A" show. Only part that didn't do anything to further a story was the Fashion Police/Ascension stuff

The Fashion Police solved the mystery of who ruined their HQ and then defeated the vandals. Wrestling is about stories. 

• A man winning the first women's MITB match is just more proof that WWE's primary business is trolling. 
  • New Day and Usos are great. Annoyed with the finish, but it does mean we get more matches between them. Also, why doesn't everybody use the chop block? It's a legal move and oftentimes seems like the most vicious move possible.
  • I too am curious as to what American Alpha are doing. It felt like once they moved up they were no longer allowed to do what made them great which is all too typical. 
  • Carmela pretending to cash in is extra proof of WWE's business being to troll. It would have actually made sense for Carmela to cash in since she won under dubious circumstances (impressive considering it was a ladder match) and they made a point of showing that Daniel Bryan tweet saying he would deal with the situation. Knowing that, Carmela should have cashed in tonight before Bryan could potentially take away her briefcase on Tuesday. 
  • Randy Orton deserved to lose for not high fiving his dad when he had the chance. It's Father's Day you heartless bastard! 
  • I like how AJ Styles, when doing the hanging from the briefcase spot decided he needed to climb up the chain to make his fall that much worse. 
  • Shout out to the WWE Championship for being contested before the unadvertised Fashion Police vs. Ascension match.
  • You can always tell who is about to win a ladder match because they don't paw at the prize like a cat. 
  • Also, James Ellsworth is the only one to announce that Carmela won. And he did so while the refs were arguing. How were the refs and wrestlers just fine with that?
2 people like this

17 hours ago, JQK said:

That Mike and Maria music can fu•k right the hell off...

I thought the music was perfect for a heel "lovey dovey" type of couple that I expect them to be. Instant heat as soon as that song plays.

1 person likes this

7 hours ago, BringBackTheVet said:

I would love the hell out of a long term angle where Matt tries to repress his Broken brilliance but he keeps falling back into it, and it gets progressively more intense and harder to snap him back into "Matt Mode." Maybe the backstory is that Jeff is pleading with Matt to be "normal" so they could get one more WWE run, and that could be what leads to a split (and the rumored big Jeff face run).

Or, conversely (or maybe simultaneously?), they give that whole Stardust on Raw/Cody Rhodes on SmackDown gimmick that never happened to Matt. The Hardyz on Raw. Broken Matt on SmackDown.

I feel like they're gonna :censored: it up.