Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Ice_Cap

WWE Great Balls of Fire/Battleground

173 posts in this topic

8 minutes ago, Shumway said:

Actually, I think he did some commentating on Sunday Night Heat back in the day, and he wasn't bad.

I think everyone did. I remember Lita and Jonathan Coachmen anchoring an episode, and I'm pretty sure Al Snow and Raven did the same.

What a time to be alive.

I'd love it if he wore a suit with the chest protector under the jacket it like a home-plate umpire.

1 person likes this

15 hours ago, Wings said:

Looks like we are getting Brock-Reigns at Summerslam. I'm guessing we get the full blown Shield reunion as they send Brock on his merry way until he pops up again in January or something. 

Kinda feels they are blowing their load a bit early with that match. They should save that match until WM. Yeah I know, they had a match at 31. Other wise what are you going to do with Reigns and Lesnar at WM?

Strowman/Lesnar needs to happen at Summerslam. Reigns can feud with Joe in the time being. 

Why don't they air these on TV? They have 5 hours of prime time content to fill each week. I don't know if these are even on the Network. Erick Rowen is good...

4 hours ago, Coast2CoastAM2006 said:

Kinda feels they are blowing their load a bit early with that match. They should save that match until WM. Yeah I know, they had a match at 31. Other wise what are you going to do with Reigns and Lesnar at WM?

Strowman/Lesnar needs to happen at Summerslam. Reigns can feud with Joe in the time being. 

Build up for Lesnar/Stroman has no heat with mainstream media after the real fight will occur in August a week later:

Mayweather vs. McGregor

This surprised me a lot. I has always envisioned the WWE headquarters among a bunch of similar office buildings... then, for some reason I looked it up on Google maps, and found it's more in among a bunch of typical suburban homes... no wonder we usually see the building only from a certain angle.

https://www.google.ca/maps/@41.059402,-73.5099136,383m/data=!3m1!1e3

1 person likes this

47 minutes ago, DEAD! said:

This surprised me a lot. I has always envisioned the WWE headquarters among a bunch of similar office buildings... then, for some reason I looked it up on Google maps, and found it's more in among a bunch of typical suburban homes... no wonder we usually see the building only from a certain angle.

That's really cool. Thanks for sharing.

If you look at StreetView, there's a fancy Porsche SUV turning in. Probably Pat Patterson.

It must be a trip to live in the Holly Cove apartment building four doors down from WWE HQ.

Usually always drive by the WWE Headquarters when heading to New York City. It's a very nondescript building, to be honest. If the giant flags/logo weren't there you would just assume it was a run of the mill office building. There's a few in that area that appear to be nestled right in the center of a suburban neighborhood.

15 hours ago, DEAD! said:

I always wondered about that too. On TV, it seems like it's a much bigger deal. From the Google Maps point of view, it's a smaller building that (if I calculated it correctly) only has 4 upper floors. Makes it seem like wrestling isn't that big after all.

I wonder if there's a basement down under that contains a warehouse full of TV props...

I've driven past it a bunch of times.  It's really nothing special.  Why would it be though?  It's not like they need a skyscraper or anything like a major corporation would have.  I have no idea what their employee count is, but their actual "in-office" staff is probably just people booking dates, finance / accounting, marketing, HR, and exec offices.  I would imagine the bulk of their employee count is mobile.

It's not like those old commercials where Kane, Austin, and all the other wrestlers each have their own offices.

2 hours ago, BringBackTheVet said:

I've driven past it a bunch of times.  It's really nothing special.  Why would it be though?  It's not like they need a skyscraper or anything like a major corporation would have.  I have no idea what their employee count is, but their actual "in-office" staff is probably just people booking dates, finance / accounting, marketing, HR, and exec offices.  I would imagine the bulk of their employee count is mobile.

It's not like those old commercials where Kane, Austin, and all the other wrestlers each have their own offices.

I know there use to be atleast a state of the art gym in there, that was before the performance center was built though so maybe they remodeled it out since it's no longer the central hub that it use to be. Another thing when was this building built, I want to say it was in the mid to early 90's before they became really big. I know I've driven by it before but it doesn't seem to be in that prime of a location but maybe if it wasn't built until the 2000's it could have been in NYC or somewhere

2 hours ago, dont care said:

I know there use to be atleast a state of the art gym in there, that was before the performance center was built though so maybe they remodeled it out since it's no longer the central hub that it use to be. Another thing when was this building built, I want to say it was in the mid to early 90's before they became really big. I know I've driven by it before but it doesn't seem to be in that prime of a location but maybe if it wasn't built until the 2000's it could have been in NYC or somewhere

There's plenty of room for a huge gym.  Maybe still there.  I'd imagine VKM would want one there, even if just for himself (though I have to wonder how much time he actually spent there while the company was growing, since he traveled everywhere with them.)

It's not that far from NYC, IIRc like 50 miles or so, though traffic blows, but I would imagine office space is much cheaper there.  There's not much benefit to being in NYC for them, since they don't need the NYC talent pool to staff it up, and it's not like there are any logistical benefits since they do so much in-house.