Dallas Cowboys going dark at home?

buzzcut

17 hours ago, orangefaniniowa said:

Time for the Cowboys to enter the 21st century and wear their colored jerseys at home.

Why? So far the 21st century has been a pretty dismal time for uniforms. Imo there's something to be said for sticking to one's roots. 

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

Navy sucks.

dalas_zpsipjn3pwm.png

I'd flip the last two (I'm a '90s kid), but I'd throw about five more greater-thans between the first and second pics. The shade of blue, the striping, the matching silver - that Staubach set is perfect. Rather than wearing the crappy navy jerseys and deviating from their traditional, iconic look, they should bring back the dark royal blue jersey which matches their whites and then pick a (bluish) silver, too.

It's not just that the navy jersey is bad on its own (and it sure is), but the Dallas Cowboys have always worn royal blue, other than 1-2 times per year on the road the last 35 years. It's stupid that they think they need to go dark and sell navy crap, much less wear navy jerseys. It's not 2000 anymore, and teams are showing that people are not resistant to wearing vibrant colors.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

19 hours ago, FSUViking said:

The only iconic baseball uniform is the Yankees. the rest are just a blur of whites and grays. Baseball uniforms, up until 10-15 years ago, have been extremely bland and lifeless. Once baseball got with the :censored:ing times and actually allowed teams to use COLORS in their uniforms, it got a lot better. 

Totally disagree.  The Dodgers and Cardinals are definitely iconic.  There's teams all over the world that copy those designs, and everyone (at least in the states) instantly knows what team they're ripping off.  The animal-on-bat design has been used over and over and over again, and in every case it evokes thoughts of the Cardinals, even if it's beavers on a bat.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

In all fairness to anyone blaming the 90's for the Cowboys' blue jerseys being navy, didn't it change to navy in the early 80's

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

6 hours ago, Rebuy said:

As a Titans fan, I would love to see them wear white year round at home. I hate the monochrome navy.

They almost never wear their best possible home combo: columbia blue over white. Honestly, I'd like to see the Titans do a redesign centered around the columbia blue-over-white look.

Titans-2.jpg

If they reverse the pants stripe then the light blue would look better. 

IMP the jersey color should be the outer color on pants stripes. 

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

1 hour ago, BringBackTheVet said:

If they reverse the pants stripe then the light blue would look better. 

IMP the jersey color should be the outer color on pants stripes. 

I'm generally of the opinion that the striping pattern should use the lighter color in the center regardless of the jersey's color. 

5 hours ago, Discrimihater said:

In all fairness to anyone blaming the 90's for the Cowboys' blue jerseys being navy, didn't it change to navy in the early 80's

Correct. The 1980 NFCCG at Philly was the last time Dallas wore royal blue jerseys. 

Archived