Dallas Cowboys going dark at home?

buzzcut

14 minutes ago, fouhy12 said:

With the Cowboys wearing navy at New York, that begs the question of what pants the Giants will wear. Last year, they said they would wear grey pants on the road and white pants at home. If that continues this year, then they will wear all-white with the current set for the first time and will wear all-white for the first time since 1999, excluding the color rush uniforms last season.

Note: it raises the question. "Begging the question" refers to something else entirely.  See here for more.

(I bet that they'll wear white pants.)

logo-diamonds-for-CC-no-photo-sig.png

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, orangefaniniowa said:

Somewhat surprised the Arizona Cardinals (who play the Cowboys early in the season) are not going to wear white at home and force the Cowboys to wear blue.  Just like the St. Louis days when the Cowboys wore blue more often back in the 70s and early 80s.

Cardinals haven't done that since they moved into their retractable-roof dome (which will more than likely be closed for an early-season game) in 2006. To my knowledge, the only time the Cardinals wore white at home was a game against the Texans in 2009.

wide-receiver-larry-fitzgerald-of-the-arizona-cardinals-runs-with-the-picture-id91754738

6 hours ago, orangefaniniowa said:

Somewhat surprised the Arizona Cardinals (who play the Cowboys early in the season) are not going to wear white at home and force the Cowboys to wear blue.  Just like the St. Louis days when the Cowboys wore blue more often back in the 70s and early 80s.

Image result for 1979 cowboys cardinals

The Cardinals haven't worn white at home much since they moved to University of Phoenix Stadium. The only times they did was in 2009 against the Texans and 2008 against the Broncos.

I still think if any home team forces the Cowboys to wear the blue unis this season, it should be the Cardinals, Redskins, or even the Falcons.   Because they have fared well against Dallas in the past wearing the whites.  The Giants do not have the need to wear white against Dallas because the fact they play very well against them by just wearing the blue unis in the past, logically make sense for them not to wear white.  And I believe they have won more over Dallas then they lost since they quit wearing white against Dallas at home since 1988.

6 hours ago, Ferdinand Cesarano said:

It's cool that the Giants are reestablishing the policy of wearing white at home against the Cowboys!  I used to love those games.

Image result for giants cowboys 1985  

Related image

That is a sharp look for the Giants.  I used to wish they could look like that all the time.  And it illustrates the point that the team in white always looks better. 

Of course, the Giants' current white uniforms are not those, but the ones with the red numbers.  While I used to be a backer of that style, I now wish that they'd wear blue numbers on the white uniform, as in the early 1970s.

Image result for giants tarkenton 1971

Maybe the Giants are going to surprise everyone by wearing these late 70s throwbacks against the Cowboys.

LB HOFer Harry Carson

8 hours ago, Ashes of Astroworld said:

Good news on the uniform; bad news on the helmet. The regular helmet would go just fine with that uniform.  

The "Giants" wordmark sits awkwardly on the helmet because it is too long; whereas, the classic/current logo fits perfectly.  What's more, while the classic/current logo is a triumph of design, the wordmark has nothing going for it creatively or aesthetically.

(By contrast, the Jets' 1980s wordmark is short enough to fit well on the helmet; and it has good design features that the classic/current helmet logo lacks.)

logo-diamonds-for-CC-no-photo-sig.png

8 hours ago, Ashes of Astroworld said:

I've always wondered if the NFL would allow teams to adopt the Color Rush jerseys as an alternate and now we have our answer. The flood gates have been opened.

bSLCtu2.png

1 hour ago, Old School Fool said:

I've always wondered if the NFL would allow teams to adopt the Color Rush jerseys as an alternate and now we have our answer. The flood gates have been opened.

But remember, the Giants don't currently have an alternate, so that could be why they're being allowed to use the Color Rush uniform even though they don't have a Color Rush game next season. My guess is that the NFL is either going to allow the teams who don't currently have an alternate to use the Color Rush uniform as such (if they so desire), or they're going to allow the teams who don't have a Color Rush game on the schedule to use the uniform in a game of their choice.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

1 hour ago, Old School Fool said:

Do we know if this is the only game the Giants are wearing their Color Rush unis? I haven't seen any announcements about multiple weeks using the CR unis.

In any event, many of the CR uniforms teams wear are better than their actual alts (e.g. Steelers). The Saints, Cowboys, Bengals, Patriots, etc. all have great CR unis IMO. They'd make for great alternates.

NSFCvyu.png

21 hours ago, cheo25 said:

Cardinals haven't done that since they moved into their retractable-roof dome (which will more than likely be closed for an early-season game) in 2006. To my knowledge, the only time the Cardinals wore white at home was a game against the Texans in 2009.

wide-receiver-larry-fitzgerald-of-the-arizona-cardinals-runs-with-the-picture-id91754738

Yeah, cardinals have rarely worn white at home, just not something we do. I've personally never witnessed it in my years of going to games.

a2BRS8U.png

1 hour ago, H11K said:

Yeah, cardinals have rarely worn white at home, just not something we do. I've personally never witnessed it in my years of going to games.

Right there is no need to go white at home when you play in a climate controlled dome

So are the Giants going full color rush? You know the whole "from shoulders to feet" thing. I'd be okay with the Giants wearing blue socks and their normal shoes with the throwback whites.

Hotter Than July > Thriller

22 hours ago, H11K said:

Can somebody explain why the Cardinals decide to wear white against Houston that year?  It didn't make sense for them to wear it since never wore white before and since after when they moved to the Glendale Stadium?

Fun fact: Falcons have worn white at home twice since the turn of the century. I'm also pretty sure they did it for a preseason game in the early 2000s, but can't remember which one to look it up. 

2002 vs. Bengals 

Image result for atlanta falcons bengals 2002

2003 vs. Vikings

Image result for falcons vikings 2003

On 6/17/2017 at 9:12 AM, Ferdinand Cesarano said:

Good news on the uniform; bad news on the helmet. The regular helmet would go just fine with that uniform.  

The "Giants" wordmark sits awkwardly on the helmet because it is too long; whereas, the classic/current logo fits perfectly.  What's more, while the classic/current logo is a triumph of design, the wordmark has nothing going for it creatively or aesthetically.

(By contrast, the Jets' 1980s wordmark is short enough to fit well on the helmet; and it has good design features that the classic/current helmet logo lacks.)

As Riddell has discontinued retail sales of the "GIANTS" CR helmet (which usually means the team is discarding it), I think they'll continue to use the NY helmet logo with the CR unis.  The "GIANTS" wordmark (which is awesome and looks great, IMO) was a 30 year tribute to the 1986 team.  

My guess is NU logo with white facemask.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

On ‎6‎/‎16‎/‎2017 at 1:33 PM, orangefaniniowa said:

Ironic, the last time the Giants wore white at home, it wasn't against the Cowboys, but their home opener against Arizona Cardinals in 2000.

Image result for 2000 cardinals giants

I wish the Giants go back to the 2000 away uniforms, they are 10 times better than their current away version.

I disagree, and I'm someone who generally likes outlines on numbers 9 times out of 10. That set never looked right to me. It looked wrong with the red socks, and the change to the blue socks in its last season made the numbers look like even more of a sore thumb. The blue outlines made the numbers look a little pinkish. The numbers on the current road set look great. They are a bright red, and they only work because they're offset by the sparkling, bright blue helmets. If they changed to a normal blue helmet or, even worse, satin blue, the look would be downgraded greatly.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

On ‎6‎/‎17‎/‎2017 at 1:56 PM, H11K said:

Are you in your early 20's? I rarely ever saw the Cardinals on national TV growing up (because they were terrible), but I seem to remember them wearing white a lot at home in the '90s. Regardless, I'm glad that the franchise left that nonsense in the past. It's stupid in general, but particularly egregious for teams which don't have a long history of doing it (Texans) and play in climate-controlled domes to negate the dark color boogieman (also Texans).

OldRomanSig2.jpg

1 hour ago, TheOldRoman said:

Are you in your early 20's? I rarely ever saw the Cardinals on national TV growing up (because they were terrible), but I seem to remember them wearing white a lot at home in the '90s. Regardless, I'm glad that the franchise left that nonsense in the past. It's stupid in general, but particularly egregious for teams which don't have a long history of doing it (Texans) and play in climate-controlled domes to negate the dark color boogieman (also Texans).

We only do it for opening day, and even that has precedent considering our very first regular-season opponent. 

texanscowboys2839.jpg

Archived