Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
B-Rich

Congressman Steve Scalise shot

23 posts in this topic

11 minutes ago, Kaz said:

I don't really agree with Scalise's politics, but to play the "Karma" card is short-sighted, tasteless and quite frankly even more proof that both sides have completely tossed aside any sense of decency in the name of "winning the sport of politics" 

Politics isn't about decency, it's about the allocation of resources -- who gets what, like "who gets to have a gun?" and "who gets to see a doctor?" Scalise's job is to enforce his party's compliance on the issues of "more guns" and "fewer doctor's appointments." This is not "karma," this is the direct consequence of he and his party's actions. When you give people guns but take away their healthcare (especially when they are mentally ill), they may get violent. Should they get violent? No, but nor should you anger and immiserate millions of struggling people if you don't have to (you don't). I hope he survives and turns over a new leaf. If you want decency, watch The West Wing

4 people like this

5 minutes ago, Kaz said:

I'm far from a conservative, and certainly do not condone it when they do either.

look, when something that could easily be prevented wasnt prevented because the person voted against the thing that would have prtevented him , most likely, from getting shot, then OF COURSE it is going to be mentioned. and background checks for guns should absolutely freakin include social media to make sure the person getting the gun isnt mentally insane. my opinion, of course. remember people 141 mass shootings in this country alone.....141 and yet nothing will ever be done to stop it. sad really

1 hour ago, B-Rich said:

Hitler had between 6 to 11 million "people made to die"-- that's a reality. 

You really went there? Ok.

Pool's closed.

5 people like this