Sign in to follow this  
habsfan1

New Twitter Avatars

habsfan1    1,341

New Avatars are round. What a horrible downgrade. I hope people complain enough that they are reverted back to the standard shape.

CS85    5,395

Garbage.  We all know how this went down when the CCSLC went to round avatars.

FGM13    700
4 hours ago, CS85 said:

Garbage.  We all know how this went down when the CCSLC went to round avatars.

Hell, they're just stealing our idea!

CS85    5,395
1 hour ago, BringBackTheVet said:

Why does this matter, other than you might want to change yours to better fit the circle?

It's essentially a fix to a problem that was never a problem.  Twitter is trying to use aesthetics as a "look we're drastically changing things" argument when the problems with twitter run much, much deeper.

DustDevil61    449

Changed my avatar because I feel it's apt. Fits too:

TwitterHeader.png.674307bfca5cd3a595ccd8219fb869ff.png

charger77    1,063
22 hours ago, Still MIGHTY said:

I took a look at that twitter feed for the hell of it...

Are they serious or is it the most convincing joke feed ever?

infrared41    3,723
2 hours ago, charger77 said:

Can't say for sure with that particular Twitter account, but there are a lot of people out there who do believe that the Earth is flat. 

infrared41    3,723
On 6/16/2017 at 0:04 PM, CS85 said:

Twitter is trying to use aesthetics as a "look we're drastically changing things" argument when the problems with twitter run much, much deeper.

Are the problems things like idiots like me believing I'm interesting enough to have a Twitter account, or are you referring to bigger corporate and ethical type problems? 

Germanshepherd    563
16 hours ago, charger77 said:

It's hilarious regardless 

IMG_1136.PNG

CS85    5,395
On 6/18/2017 at 7:39 PM, infrared41 said:

Are the problems things like idiots like me believing I'm interesting enough to have a Twitter account, or are you referring to bigger corporate and ethical type problems? 

Twitter went public but nobody cared, and they've started hemorrhaging their integrity in order to keep themselves as profitable as possible and on the tongues of the general public.  Courtesy of our moron president and a bunch of alt-right Sovereign Citizen types, twitter is stuck in this impotent loop regarding accounts being racist, spreading lies/hate, etc.  

It's also denying responsibility for capitalizing/sharpening the culture of immediacy we live in today, for better (uncensored observations in the moment) and worse (out of context unmerited outrage fuel, hazing, bullying, anonymous trolling).  

Cosmic    2,554

Fun fact: Twitter has never turned a profit (and probably never will).

BringBackTheVet    4,185
6 hours ago, CS85 said:

Twitter went public but nobody cared, and they've started hemorrhaging their integrity in order to keep themselves as profitable as possible and on the tongues of the general public.  Courtesy of our moron president and a bunch of alt-right Sovereign Citizen types, twitter is stuck in this impotent loop regarding accounts being racist, spreading lies/hate, etc.  

It's also denying responsibility for capitalizing/sharpening the culture of immediacy we live in today, for better (uncensored observations in the moment) and worse (out of context unmerited outrage fuel, hazing, bullying, anonymous trolling).  

Could you elaborate on the first paragraph?

I think the second is silly.  It's not responsible for anything, merely providing the medium for people to do what they do.

Cujo    2,468

As long as it remains at 140 characters and uneditable, idgaf what Twitter does.

infrared41    3,723
1 hour ago, Cujo said:

As long as it remains at 140 characters and uneditable, idgaf what Twitter does.

What if they increased it to 164 characters and made it so you could edit two words - but only for spelling mistakes? 

Cujo    2,468
1 hour ago, infrared41 said:

What if they increased it to 164 characters and made it so you could edit two words - but only for spelling mistakes? 

As old folks like us like to say, "if it ain't broke, don't fix it"