Why no handball?

smzimbabwe

With this new info about real tennis, I now realize what that weird-ass gym with the funky walls and weird floor lines at a bible camp I went to when I was 10 was about. Huh.

GO OILERS-GO BLUE JAYS-GO ESKIMOS-GO COLTS

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
33 minutes ago, HedleyLamarr said:

Not sure if they're still around, but Atlanta had this place called "Whirlyball", which was Jai-Alai played while driving bumper cars....

I played Whirlyball at a corporate team building event. Really fun. 

7 hours ago, DG_Now said:

Is this the thread where we talk about Jai-alai?

I liked the Mad Men episode where the client is certain Jai-alai is going to be the biggest sport on Earth. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

8 hours ago, sc49erfan15 said:

Duuuuude, I found "real tennis" on a Wikipedia train once too, pretty much had the same reaction you did.

320px-Tennis_court_layout.png

This is real-life Calvinball. The court diagram makes about as much sense as the pre-decimal pound sterling. British AF.

"1 yard worse than last" hahahaha

The Grille Penthouse has a really good happy hour on thursdays and solid chicken fingers. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

3 hours ago, HedleyLamarr said:

Not sure if they're still around, but Atlanta had this place called "Whirlyball", which was Jai-Alai played while driving bumper cars....

I WANT IT

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

(gotta say it, box lacrosse is a superior game to outdoor/field. Can't stand field lacrosse.)

Anyways. Like others have said, just too many sports. Hockey and basketball dominate the winter indoor sports, and even the NLL has a hard time cracking into a major league. 

Handball is a fantastic sport, but no chance. 

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske

Archived