Your Ideal MLB Ballpark Outfield

DCarp1231

On 10/1/2017 at 6:01 PM, daveindc said:

Speaking of the Bay, the here's some recent stuff on the A's proposed site for their new stadium:

http://www.mercurynews.com/2017/09/13/view-from-as-new-stadium-a-magnificent-backdrop/

http://www.ktvu.com/news/proposed-oakland-as-stadium-site-a-big-hit-with-business-leaders

Too bad they can’t build directly on Lake Merritt with the skyline in the background...THAT would be a great view.

jersey-signature03.pngjersey-signature04.png

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 9/30/2017 at 3:19 AM, jerseyjunk said:

Retractable roof my ass, in Houston and Miami they never open the damn thing. 

In Miami it's either raining or unbearably humid almost all the time during the season. I love the aesthetic reasons for having the roof open but from a business sense it's understandable why fan comfort needs to come first. 

5 minutes ago, SilverBullet1929 said:

In Miami it's either raining or unbearably humid almost all the time during the season. I love the aesthetic reasons for having the roof open but from a business sense it's understandable why fan comfort needs to come first. 

What fans? 

Perhaps they should do some experimenting, and open it. Sure as hell can't hurt.

I am sure the two season tickets holders won't be too upset.

;) 

9 minutes ago, jerseyjunk said:

What fans? 

Perhaps they should do some experimenting, and open it. Sure as hell can't hurt.

I am sure the two season tickets holders won't be too upset.

;) 

A joke about Marlins attendance. How cute.

They have experimented with it and our season ticket holders, no matter how many there are, are as vocal as anyone on how they prefer the roof closed unless the weather is ideal for it to be open.

Just now, SilverBullet1929 said:

A joke about Marlins attendance. How cute.

They have experimented with it and our season ticket holders, no matter how many there are, are as vocal as anyone on how they prefer the roof closed unless the weather is ideal for it to be open.

Hey, what do you want? The Marlins attendance is a joke

;)

A lot of great mentions in here but I personally find the monster to be overrated. While it's iconic and cool in Boston, it also has a very old and impractical feel to it compared to more modern designs.

My homer pick for left field would be Progressive/Jacob's. You have the home run porch, the 19-foot wall, a larger bleacher section, the league's biggest scoreboard, and JOHN ADAMS. Along with Heritage Park, the flags, and open bullpens in center, it's a good look. Unfortunately they whiffed on the boxes above right field. But part of the awesomeness of Rajai's homer last year was it landing on the Home Run Porch.

503d65a9b5ec557126cbe60998db9769--clevel

I do wish they'd switch back to flying a ridiculously huge American flag though:

progressive-field.jpg

vs

(:18 second mark)

• 2 months later...

I am biased to my hometown ballpark, Kauffman Stadium, in being perfect from left-field to right-field. But here is mine;

Left Field: Wrigley Field's Left Field with either Wrigley's scoreboard or Ebbets Field's vintage scoreboard

Center Field: Kauffman Stadium's crown (Mix of old and current, primary for replays due to left field choice) and fountains

Right Field: Globe Life Park at Arlington's retro double deck

My stadium would be placed in downtown KC obviously to get a great skyline.

0JZafhY.gif7YcM9pl.gif

qsNLfmj.gifbIW6GIL.gif

Archived