NHL Preds, Sens & Ducks

sparkychewbarky

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nashville Predators

I liked what FanBrandz did with the 2016 All-Star game...

nhlpreds10.thumb.jpg.9b46ef2c6152eb71650c562d04781f11.jpg

...They created a look that was inspired by guitar inlays and cutouts, and western shirt and boot designs.

I tried applying that look to the Preds' primary...

nhlpreds02.thumb.jpg.59b3a3278992f5deb2c9c5e3a60311fd.jpg

nhlpreds03.thumb.jpg.cfa301057231da92addfc1741b58a629.jpg

nhlpreds04.thumb.jpg.e0e8a64938572b789de626582d197416.jpg

Ottawa Senators

It seems that Ottawa fans prefer the heritage sweaters over any of their other options.

Also, they seem to like and the 2d side-view legionnaire more than the 3/4 version.

With that in mind I tried a different version of the side-view logo...

nhlsens02.thumb.jpg.ed1017ed6ccf9d9b7028779b53f75930.jpg

nhlsens03.thumb.jpg.3b936235eb963c2b30416516caeabbc7.jpg

nhlsens04.thumb.jpg.6a55ddee27bd35b6b27cbd888099f0ba.jpg

10 minutes ago, raysox said:

Sparky, man, I love those Ducks and Preds looks. Senators seems a little too designed, but the other two are some of the best concepts I've seen here.

Also I tweeted Hockeytonk during the playoffs and couldn't believe they hadn't used that.

Thanks raysox. Yeah, the Sens logo's a little too "illustrative" maybe.

...And I agree with you...the "Hockeytonk" slant seemed so obvious. The support they received from the country music community was amazing (the Preds were referenced quite a few times during the CMT awards). They should jump on that horse big-time.

These are gorgeous! I agree with what's been said above, that the Senators logo seems a little too intricate, but other than that, these are really nice.

I like all the jerseys except for the Ducks, but it's just a personal thing. Most of the Ducks' striping seems to happen where you won't be able to see it half the time, like under the arms. It's a solid design, but poorly executed, imo.

Echo the thoughts on the Sens...a bit over designed.  The head-down look is kind of weird too.  Just a couple of tweaks away from that really being great.  I like your t-shirt presentation and designs.

Not feeling the Ducks at all.  Silver as a major color doesn't add to the overall aesthetic, IMO.

Really nice job on the Preds.  I'd smooth out the sabre teeth though.  But the rest of it is pretty awesome.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

I'm sorry, but the Preds logo looks a little bit like the Oregon State Beavers crossed with Goldy the Gopher. It doesn't exactly look like a predator. It's more like a rodent

2568.png

3722_minnesota_golden_gophers-mascot-1986.png

I do like the Honkytonk branding though!

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

I agree the Preds logo doesn't look as fierce, it looks more like a snarl now. Which is a shame because the subtleties in the logo are gorgeous. Either way though I still really like it. (Hockeytonk, yes.)

I like the Sens logo w/out the teeth twice if not three times as much. The only reason that logo shouldnt get full support is because people (including me) are already totally attached to their current secondary. In a vacuum it's basically perfect.

I don't know how I feel about the ducks. The colors actually work really well, they're fresh and kind of exciting. The D duck is a stroke of genius, but I feel like the A logo is kind of...uninspired. I'm sorry to sound harsh but I feel like there's an element missing that should be there. If that is a hidden M on the bottom half, it doesn't really make sense since you didn't include Mighty in your design. However, If you put the D duck on the jerseys and bumped it up to main status I could get behind the A as a secondary/alternate. It just doesn't work as a main logo for me.

Really enjoyed looking at these concepts, they're all in all pretty fantastic, which is the norm coming from you. Great work!

Lz5f6vZ.png

But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8/      Check Out My: Little Big League MLB ProjectDribbble

32 minutes ago, chcarlson23 said:

I'm sorry, but the Preds logo looks a little bit like the Oregon State Beavers crossed with Goldy the Gopher. It doesn't exactly look like a predator. It's more like a rodent

2568.png

3722_minnesota_golden_gophers-mascot-1986.png

I do like the Honkytonk branding though!

I'm glad I wasn't the only one who thought this.

You have a good start though. Also, trying to include so many flourishes from the ASG branding (stars, guitar inlay shapes, spurs on the teeth) is ambitious but might ultimately be over-complicating things. The focus gets blurred and one needs a few moments to orient themselves with the different parts of the head. Simplifying and removing some of the ornaments should lead to a simpler and more recognizable logo.

Sens—again, a good start and nice execution of the logos. I would lose the sublimated patterns on the helmet, and I'm not feeling the gold and cream together on the home jersey.

Also, I'd like to see a back view of the jersey for all these. The pairing of a good number typeface is a very big (and seemingly underrated) part of the uniform design process for me.

I could get behind this look for the Ducks. The mask being integrated into a D is fantastic. But I really dig the winged A design and something about it just works for me. I think this would be a hit with Ducks fans, and if they came out with this as their new logo I'd definitely be happy with it. But at the same time, I don't feel that it communicates the nickname as strongly as the other mark - which I guess is a flaw it shares with the webfoot D. But maybe that's a fault of my own. My strong preference and stubborn defense of the Mighty Ducks logo are well-documented on these boards, after all :P Also, I've never been a fan of the side panels on the current uniforms, but you've basically fixed all of my problems with it here, so kudos for that!

Your take on the Senators is truly fantastic. However, I don't think the snarling face works too well for them and that's pretty close to AHL territory. Just fix that, kind of like how you have it on the Legion shirt design, and you have a winner.

I don't have much to comment on with the Preds as this is also a great piece of work. One thing though: the design on the Nashville Cats t-shirt reminded me of a Metroid. Unintentional I'm sure, but it's a fictional predator so I guess that works :lol:

Metroid4_07.jpg.879d5b3e558b5632a9186ec96ed15a11.jpg

mTBXgML.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

Sportslogos.net better excuse this foul language I am about to say

DAMN GOOD JOB, SPARKY, ON PREDATORS AND DUCKS!!!! 

Honestly I don't think that anyone would says anything lousy about toward to your works but with Predators and Ducks' improved logos, now that's what you just did to make any team to looks better! Brilliant job, dude. 

Senators.... need do better, though. 

Alamo%2BBowl_sig.png

Liberty Bowl_sig.png

FEAR THE FROG! LET'S GO TCU!!

I wouldn't want these logos to be used by the Preds, Sens or... Wait, holy :censored:, that Ducks logo is awesome! I'd buy that right now! Your Preds and Sens looks are ingenious and beautifully designed, although I think you overcomplicated them a bit. The jerseys, however, are amazing all around! (I'd also love to see an orange version of your Ducks concept.) Great job once again!

Nyzv9xS.png

Twitter: @ldconcepts / Instagram: @ld.concepts / Website

On 2017-06-19 at 11:29 AM, Zeus89725 said:

These are gorgeous! I agree with what's been said above, that the Senators logo seems a little too intricate

Thanks Zeus...I simpled it out a bit.

On 2017-06-19 at 0:41 PM, WSU151 said:

Echo the thoughts on the Sens...a bit over designed.

I hear ya W. Thank you.

On 2017-06-19 at 0:44 PM, #ConceptLeagues said:

Mascots?

No, CL...unfortunately not this time.

On 2017-06-19 at 0:49 PM, mee said:

Is it just me, or does the Preds' logo look more like the NFL's Jaguars' logo?

You're right mee. Didn't catch that 'til you mentioned it. Thank you. 

On 2017-06-19 at 2:15 PM, chcarlson23 said:

I'm sorry, but the Preds logo looks a little bit like the Oregon State Beavers crossed with Goldy the Gopher.

I changed the angle/slant of the head. Thanks for the observation.

On 2017-06-19 at 2:39 PM, OhioSportsMan61 said:

SImply amazing. But I'm not surprised haha

Thanks Ohio.

On 2017-06-19 at 2:50 PM, Bruins said:

I agree the Preds logo doesn't look as fierce, it looks more like a snarl now.

On 2017-06-19 at 2:54 PM, Chazberg said:

You have a good start though. Also, trying to include so many flourishes from the ASG branding (stars, guitar inlay shapes, spurs on the teeth) is ambitious but might ultimately be over-complicating things. The focus gets blurred and one needs a few moments to orient themselves with the different parts of the head. Simplifying and removing some of the ornaments should lead to a simpler and more recognizable logo.

Thanks Bruins and Chaz... I changed the jawline to be a little more similar to their current logo. I simplified it a bit, but I found it lost some of its "hockeytonk" character if I simplified too much...

On 2017-06-19 at 5:12 PM, wildwing64 said:

I could get behind this look for the Ducks. The mask being integrated into a D is fantastic. But I really dig the winged A design and something about it just works for me. I think this would be a hit with Ducks fans, and if they came out with this as their new logo I'd definitely be happy with it. But at the same time, I don't feel that it communicates the nickname as strongly as the other mark - which I guess is a flaw it shares with the webfoot D. But maybe that's a fault of my own. My strong preference and stubborn defense of the Mighty Ducks logo are well-documented on these boards

Thanks ww. I've done up a sample of the concept with the "D"uck as the main logo. 

On 2017-06-19 at 7:36 PM, #ConceptLeagues said:

Have you considered opening up some space between the fangs?

I changed the look of the cat somewhat, #CL...

On 2017-06-19 at 8:57 PM, JMtexan09 said:

Senators.... need do better, though. 

Yes...I hope I accomplished that...

On 2017-06-20 at 8:52 AM, ldconcepts said:

I'd also love to see an orange version of your Ducks concept.

Done !

Sorry to take so long to get back to you guys. I appreciate the feedback.

(Been busy and Photobucket has thrown a big wrench into things).

Ottawa Senators II

nhlsens14.thumb.jpg.2e60a708f2b445df26669b6cbec4e9dd.jpg

I changed the "batman" eye, and put more black shadow into the logo, which seemed to make the gold and red jump a bit more...

nhlsens10.thumb.jpg.ed04de797dd99df01f830834d01a565d.jpg

Again, it seemed that the majority of Sens fans preferred the heritage uni with the side-view logo...

nhlsens11.thumb.jpg.569a8f91a51e3cb2176ca4ec12a65338.jpg

nhlsens20.thumb.jpg.2d94fdb4173092b80453c2f907bf63d7.jpg

Archived