USC Trojans Logo (Hand-Drawn)

TJSC

Well, for starters,  the Trojan needs an eye. The feather in the helmet doesn't give it that look of a feather. The sharing is also very weird throughout the logo. I would reference Trojan logos to create a better logo. 

spacer.png

jCMXRTJ.png.c7b9b888fd36f93c327929ec580f08dc.png

1 hour ago, panthers_2012 said:

Well, for starters,  the Trojan needs an eye. The feather in the helmet doesn't give it that look of a feather. The sharing is also very weird throughout the logo. I would reference Trojan logos to create a better logo. 

Thank you!

First off...be confident in your abilities! Never say your work is no good cuz that mentality won't allow you to progress & you can't really expect others to like your work if you yourself don't seem care for it.  Your off to a good start, the logo has an abstract feel to it which is not a bad thing (I like it).  I would suggest you work on it just in pencil (BLK & WHT) until you have it in a place your happy with, then you can think about adding color, it's also much easier to make changes in pencil rather than having to redraw it every time in color.  Use lots of reference images like photos, logos, trojan helmets, etc. Here are a few examples with kinda the style you seem to be shooting for. Look forward to seeing the next revision.

Image result for abstract trojan logo  Image result for trojan logo  Image result for trojan logo  Image result for trojan logo

16 hours ago, TJSC said:

Attempt #2  @ren69

IMG_5685.JPG

IMG_5686.JPG

It's alot more legible than your first attempt but could still use a little more cleaning up.  Like I mentioned before, forget about color & mock ups for now, concentrate on the logo itself. Use those reference pics to help you define your logo. I don't think you need that much detail in the plume & the nose is kinda small which in turn makes the bridge of the nose & brow area appear to be sticking out further than it really is.  Use pencil & eraser so the viewer can better distinguish what your trying to convey. Keep at it, it'll get there.

Archived