NHL Adidas Concepts - 2023 Heritage Classic Added

Rygi13

3 hours ago, Rygi13 said:

Vegas Golden Knights

"Vegas Lights" Third  | Heather pattern throughout the jersey 

zOgLazi.jpg

Cool idea on the screen but the material would have to be really reflective for there to be any contrast. Even the current Hurricanes third jerseys just turn to greyish mush on the screen.

• Like 2

On 1/25/2019 at 7:09 AM, appleclock said:

I really like most of these, but the all red (and cream) Wild third is a little too much red. Colorado is amazing. That powder blue is perfect for that team—why they’ve never tried it is beyond me.

Here is an alternate "wild" idea I had for Minnesota

hqvj7wc.jpg

• Like 5

2020 Winter Classic

All striping and applications on each uniform is a cotton felt-like fabric as a nod to the Cotton Bowl. Nashville's uniforms are inspired by the Dixie Flyers. The city's music history is seen in the eighth note in the "Nashville" script and the six strings featured on the yellow stripes. Dallas's home white uniforms take cues from the Dallas Texans.

b4SFezm.jpg

• Like 9

• 2 weeks later...

2020 Stadium Series Game
Striping on LA's gray jerseys is inspired by the paint jobs of WW2 allied planes. The jersey is finished with a chrome monochromatic logo and military-inspired numbers.

Striping on Colorado's navy uniforms draws inspiration from the Air Force's National Star Insignia. The uniforms feature chrome numbers and lettering across the chest.

q4GNS0x.jpg

Each player's jersey features a unique ribbon stack that highlights their nation and achievements.

MSeRdiH.jpg

• Like 12

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

Arizona Milwaukee Coyotes

Milwaukee is long overdue for an NHL team.  Tomorrow will mark the first hockey game played at the Fiserv Forum, home of the Milwaukee Bucks. While the Coyotes search Arizona for a new home for their team and fans (30th in attendance so far this year) a brand new arena sits in a hockey-happy state with no hockey team to call home. This concept sees the Coyotes packing up and moving north.

The team adopts a new color scheme: Blue, a nod to the Milwaukee Admirals and Lake Michigan, Cream, a nod to the city's 'Cream City' nickname, and Burnt Orange, the color of a coyote. While the franchise did just go back to the Kachina logo and uniforms full time, that change is reversed since the Kachina look has a strong visual connection to the south west. However, the Kachina logos have been updated to match the new color scheme and remain a part of the teams visual identity. Rounding out the identity is the Wisconsin state secondary logo, this logo replaces the AZ state logo.  Yes this is the same logo the Bucks use... with "MKE" replacing "Bucks", there are only so many ways to render a state outline and this already mirrors the hard edges of the outgoing AZ logo, so why not?

Finally, the uniforms. Inspired by the jersey the Kachina Coyote is wearing the new uniforms both feature a large sleeve stripe with small contrasting piping. The hem stripe follows the same pattern. On the Cream away jersey the same pattern is repeated again on the shoulders.

CPyyk9e.jpg

Kachina Alternate

7wlicKi.jpg

• Like 7

• 10 months later...

Winnipeg Jets - Atlanta Thrashers Reverse Retro

The Jets throw it back to the Thrashers era in Atlanta. The jersey is primarily styled after the team's 2006/07 look. The Jets opt for a simpler version of their primary logo on the center of the sweater, a slight nod to the Thrashers' more angular alternate logo. Jets replace the arrows on the bottom of the jersey. The "Winnipeg" wordmark replacing "Atlanta" on the left sleeve. The right sleeve wraps of the uniform with the "Jets" script wordmark and the Thrashers' font for the players numbers.
JJZ0dT5.jpg

• Like 2

• Rygi13 changed the title to NHL Adidas Concepts - Winnipeg Jets/ Thrashers Reverse Retro

Chicago Blackhawks - Portland Rosebuds Reverse Retro

This may be a bit of a stretch since the Blackhawks didn't move to Chicago from Portland, but "an ownership group based in Chicago purchased the rights to each Rosebuds player and used the existing roster to form the Chicago Blackhawks in 1926". This uniform dates back to, as far as I can tell, 1915. The circus font on the chest changes from Portland to Chicago and the crossed hockey sticks are replaced with the Hawk's crossed tomahawks.
Pv1lhXh.jpg

I decided to keep the color of the original uniform since it adds a new color to Chicago's uniform history. However, in the spirit of Reverse Retro, I made another version in Black to closer match the Hawk' colors.
FMvfZwM.jpg

EcvC7R8.jpg

• Like 3
  • Love 1

• Rygi13 changed the title to NHL Adidas Concepts - Winnipeg Jets/ Thrashers & Chicago/Portland Reverse Retro Added
19 minutes ago, Rygi13 said:

This may be a bit of a stretch since the Blackhawks didn't move to Chicago

It's defo a deep cut but I think it works, and all three look miles better than our RR this year! Personal favorite is probably the red/black.

• Like 1

I love the red and black version of the Rosebuds fauxback for the Hawks! 

Also going back on this thread, you nailed the Sabres current home jersey after nailing the Sabres Winter Classic jersey from 2018… Crazy 🤯

• Like 1

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

On 12/27/2021 at 8:43 PM, Rygi13 said:

Arizona Milwaukee Coyotes

Milwaukee is long overdue for an NHL team.  Tomorrow will mark the first hockey game played at the Fiserv Forum, home of the Milwaukee Bucks. While the Coyotes search Arizona for a new home for their team and fans (30th in attendance so far this year) a brand new arena sits in a hockey-happy state with no hockey team to call home. This concept sees the Coyotes packing up and moving north.

The team adopts a new color scheme: Blue, a nod to the Milwaukee Admirals and Lake Michigan, Cream, a nod to the city's 'Cream City' nickname, and Burnt Orange, the color of a coyote. While the franchise did just go back to the Kachina logo and uniforms full time, that change is reversed since the Kachina look has a strong visual connection to the south west. However, the Kachina logos have been updated to match the new color scheme and remain a part of the teams visual identity. Rounding out the identity is the Wisconsin state secondary logo, this logo replaces the AZ state logo.  Yes this is the same logo the Bucks use... with "MKE" replacing "Bucks", there are only so many ways to render a state outline and this already mirrors the hard edges of the outgoing AZ logo, so why not?

Finally, the uniforms. Inspired by the jersey the Kachina Coyote is wearing the new uniforms both feature a large sleeve stripe with small contrasting piping. The hem stripe follows the same pattern. On the Cream away jersey the same pattern is repeated again on the shoulders.

pNCB5EP.jpg

Kachina Alternate

oQO8zXF.jpg

These colours work beautifally together while also feeling unique to Milwaukee, seems like a realistic continuation of the brand if a move like this happened.

• Like 1

2023 Winter Classic

The Pens and Bruins will Clash at Bostons' Fenway park. Check out my other thread in which I mocked up the rink for this game.  Today, both teams announced the logos they will wear during the game. I took these logos and mocked up what I think they should wear this winter.
yOdE0pE.jpg

Pittsburgh Penguins
The visitors rock cream color sweaters inspired by the Pittsburgh Pirates uniforms from the 20's. The team also revealed the logo on a cream background, which I took as a clue. The sleeve feature bold numbers, stripes and patches of the city's coat of arms large enough to be seen across the stadium.
GPGXNIb.jpg

Boston Bruins
The hosts wear an inverted version of their 1948 white uniforms, which inspired the wordmark on this years jersey. The "Spoked B" logo from that year is featured as a shoulder patch. Large stripes adorn the sleeves, but absent are any player numbers in line with the 48/49 uniforms.u6tWtuS.jpg

• Like 3

• Rygi13 changed the title to NHL Adidas Concepts - 2023 Winter Classic Penguins @ Bruins

2023 Stadium Series

The Canes host the Caps at NC State's Carter-Finley Stadium. Inspired by the games' setting both teams will wear College Football inspired uniforms. Neither team will wear white in the spirit of College Football's amazing color vs color matchups.

Carolina Hurricanes

The Canes' uniforms are inspired by their NC State's 1970's uniforms. The sleeve stripes are pulled directly from the gridiron and the C on the chest is a nod to letter logos seen across college sports. The TV numbers appear on the shoulders, a common sight in football and are rendered in a font inspired by State's "S" helmet sticker.
jJT2R8V.jpg

Washington Capitals
The Caps sweater also features a letter on the chest. Washington draws inspiration from the Annapolis based Navy Midshipmen's football history. The W on the chest features stars above, as does Navy's primary logo. The football style shoulder stripes come from the Navy's uniforms of the 60's. Oversized TV numbers adorn the sleeves so they can be seen from Carter-Finley's nosebleeds.

NrmknSm.jpg