Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
WildWinger88

World Volleyball Association

3 posts in this topic

In the past year, I've been strategizing on a project involving a professional volleyball league. It would be called the World Volleyball Association and act as a nod to the International Volleyball Association of the 1970s. Many of the teams in this new league would have brands similar to the 1970s counterpart but take on a modern identity. This project is meant to help build my design portfolio after I graduate from VCU and any comments or suggestions are appreciated. I plan on making this project on an extended timeline but I wanted to at least share my idea for the league's official emblem.

Backstory:

Since this league would be a direct descendant of the original International Volleyball Association, I wanted to introduce a palette of 1970s pastel colors, a groovy yet futuristic typeface, and a stylistic reference of two opposing sides facing of inside of superimposed tennis court. The orange roundel encompassing the other elements of this design are meant to act as a globe. Seeing as the league would be "represented" on a global level with co-ed rosters, it would act as a message of unity.

WVA_Logo.png

4 people like this

SO EXCITED, love the league logo too