NHL Adidas Alternates (Series completed!)

ldconcepts

Anaheim Ducks
Arizona Coyotes 
Boston Bruins
Buffalo Sabres 
Calgary Flames
Carolina Hurricanes 
Chicago Blackhawks 
Colorado Avalanche
Columbus Blue Jackets 
Dallas Stars 
Detroit Red Wings 
Edmonton Oilers 
Florida Panthers
Los Angeles Kings 
Minnesota Wild 
Montreal Canadiens (Update) 
Nashville Predators 
New Jersey Devils 
New York Islanders 
New York Rangers 
Ottawa Senators (Update)
Philadelphia Flyers 
Pittsburgh Penguins
San Jose Sharks
St. Louis Blues 
Tampa Bay Lightning
Toronto Maple Leafs 
Vancouver Canucks 
Vegas Golden Knights
Washington Capitals 
Winnipeg Jets

ALL

I've seen a bunch of Adidas templates out there, but none have caught on with my style of concept-making. So, I decided to tweak a few templates I already use by adding a collar and shoulder texture, and came up with this concept for the Senators to test it out.

I tried merging the modern Roman look with the everpopular barberpole look, and I like how it turned out.

Ottawa+Senators+Concept.png

What do you think? C&C Appreciated!

Nyzv9xS.png

Twitter: @ldconcepts / Instagram: @ld.concepts / Website

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Had to look at it a few times to tell if you replaced the gold in the logo with beige.  Guess your eyes see what they want when they're used to something.  Overall, I'm a fan.  The striping is nice and understated and the logo choice is perfect.  This is also a textbook example of how to do a hanger effect correctly.  I would like to see this with a redesigned primary set because what they unveiled on Tuesday is garbage :P .

The Hurricanes have tried to have traditional jerseys, but they're a team that should stay relatively modern. However, alternates are perfect opportunities to reach back and take looks from franchise history. I created a new logo based off the Whalers logo, and put it on a throwback uniform.

Carolina+Hurricanes+Concept.png

C&C Appreciated!

Nyzv9xS.png

With the Adidas redesign, the Jackets had to choose between their primary set and their alternate. They chose their primary, a no-brainer to me. However, I still like the basic idea of the alternate they ditched, but wanted to redesign it in my own way. I changed the colour scheme to that of their primary, but replaced white with the cream colour from the alternate. I also completely overhauled the striping, adding a sash down the middle, which I feel compliments their design.

Columbus+Blue+Jackets+Concept.png

C&C Appreciated!

Nyzv9xS.png

The diagonal stripe is something that needs to be used more in hockey, imo. It looks good when done well, and you pulled it off almost perfectly. The Jackets are one of the teams that could use the chest stripe and get away with it.

Awesome series, so far.

Yeah, I’m very here for this. Keeps the red in the color scheme and keeps the sweater blue, but does it in a way that’s unique and brings something else to the table.

Job well done here, and especially with that Ottawa jersey. Why they don’t use the “2D” senator logo is beyond me.

6fQjS3M.png

That is a fantastic jersey!!!! The striping reflecting the bevelling is very clever, and actually works!

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

10 minutes ago, KRZYBDGRZ said:

C'mon Photobucket

Yeah, I now need to upgrade my account to post off Photobucket, so before every post here, I'll post on my blog first and grab the images off there. I'll fix the images for this series itself soon before making my next concept.

Nyzv9xS.png

Archived