NHL Adidas Alternates (Series completed!)

ldconcepts

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Next up: Nashville.

Although the Preds are a yellow team, I figured a blue jersey could work for an alternate. I worked this pattern off the old home jersey, keeping the bue-white-blue-yellow striping. I kept the current home collar and gear, and used the NP monogram as a shoulder patch.

Nashville+Predators+Concept.png

C&C Appreciated!

Nyzv9xS.png

Twitter: @ldconcepts / Instagram: @ld.concepts / Website

6 hours ago, ldconcepts said:

If there's nothing on the Preds, here's Philly.

Philadelphia+Flyers+Concept.png

I decided to go with a simple black jersey based on their classic striping pattern, sort of like my earlier Oilers concept.

C&C Appreciated!

Contrast nameplates. NOW. Or else. ;)

On 12/11/2017 at 6:59 PM, ldconcepts said:

Onto the next!

I had a good idea for an Islanders jersey, but I couldn't decide on the colours.

Here are a few options:

New+York+Islanders+Concepts.png

C&C Appreciated!

Navy is boring. As long as I've wanted to see a teal concept uni for the Isles, it doesn't look right without even a splash of teal in the rest of the uniform. I like the royal blue but agree that the Islanders shouldn't mix royal and navy. I'm thinking maybe royal blue sweater, orange yoke, and teal and white accents?

Preds: Simple but still a great look overall. Nothing I would change.

Flyers: While I do like how it looks, I don't think Flyers fans would like a jersey that reminds them of the Penguins.

Capitals: LOVE IT! As a caps fan I've been waiting for a navy alternate forever. Only change I would like to see would be to fix the head of the Weagle somehow, I can barely see the eye.

Great job on all of these, loving this series so far

With the Senators most likely going with a vintage white-less version of their heritage jerseys as primary next season, I decided to update the original 15-like concept that started it all. I made the base red, and replaced vintage white with gold. I based the striping off the NHL 100 Classic jersey.

Ottawa+Senators+Concept.png

Does this top the original concept? C&C Appreciated!

Nyzv9xS.png

Comments on the Sens are still welcome, although I'm posting the next team: the Leafs.

I brought back their old socks, and based the striping off them. I kept the collar blue, so it wouldn't stand out against the complex arms.

Toronto+Maple+Leafs+Concept.png

C&C Appreciated!

Nyzv9xS.png

For the Bruins, I made a gold jersey to go along with their black and white primaries. I was inspired primarily by their 1957-58 set, which their first Winter Classic uniform was based on, though I simplified the striping for a modern look. 

Boston+Bruins+Concept2.png

C&C Appreciated!

Nyzv9xS.png

The Avs and Bruins look nice. I'd try replacing the black in the B's with brown, just to make it a more out-there design.

I get the design decision behind the Leafs, but the striping would be so much better if it just wrapped all the way around the arms. The Sens have a good idea behind them too, but the striping is just too minimalistic for me. Imagine it on the ice - the striping would get caught up in the play and be nearly invisible.

All of these have great, original ideas behind 'em, but it's just small little things that keep them from being perfect. Always love your work, though.

Do you have a .psd or .pdn for the Adidas template on the right of every design?

• 2 weeks later...

Archived