NHL Adidas Alternates (Series completed!)

ldconcepts

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest darkpiranha

Love the Oilers.  Best of both worlds and differentiates it even further from the Islanders.

I love that green Canucks alt!  The vintage V logo looks great on those double white stripes.  My only suggestion would be to thicken the number outlines, they don't stand out as nicely compared to the logo.

The rest of this series is very good as well, there's not a single concept I don't like so far.

stevengrantdesign.blogspot.com - Twitter: @StevenGrant94 - Instagram: @stevengrant94

1 hour ago, Grant94 said:

I love that green Canucks alt!  The vintage V logo looks great on those double white stripes.  My only suggestion would be to thicken the number outlines, they don't stand out as nicely compared to the logo.

The rest of this series is very good as well, there's not a single concept I don't like so far.

I'll second this and add you might want to thicken and/or enlarge the numbers, period. They look a wee bit small. I love the fact that you gave the Canucks a green alt, though. Most people don't do that and I don't see why it shouldn't happen. The Stars own green primaries but other than that green is a very rare color in the NHL, and kelly green in general is underused in North American pro sports. Stars, Canucks, Celtics, and...do the Roughriders still use a similar shade? Anyway, good job on these - I've liked every one I've seen thus far.

On 6/22/2017 at 10:23 AM, ldconcepts said:

I've seen a bunch of Adidas templates out there, but none have caught on with my style of concept-making. So, I decided to tweak a few templates I already use by adding a collar and shoulder texture, and came up with this concept for the Senators to test it out.

I tried merging the modern Roman look with the everpopular barberpole look, and I like how it turned out.

Ottawa+Senators+Concept.png

What do you think? C&C Appreciated!

Duuuuuude. The thing I don't like about the modern Senators' identity is that it just kind of blends in, aside from the logo, but even that doesn't stand out like it should. This really sets them apart from the other red/black teams in the league. Great combination of eras, and I think black was the right choice here.

On 7/6/2017 at 9:30 AM, ldconcepts said:

For the Stars, I mixed both of their logo eras to come up with a modern twist on their original, then tweaked the jersey it was worn with.

Dallas+Stars+Concept.png

C&C Appreciated!

That's very sharp. I wouldn't want it to replace their green primaries, but as an alt (which is what you meant it to be) it looks wonderful. I like how you subtly added some silver in there.

The description of the Pens' look sounds like something that would never work, but it really is beautiful. It's a perfect alternate look for them. Well done.

I do like the Stadium Series as an alternate, but I wonder if this would look even better with a white-triangled primary as the crest.

On 7/14/2017 at 10:01 PM, MCM0313 said:

Duuuuuude. The thing I don't like about the modern Senators' identity is that it just kind of blends in, aside from the logo, but even that doesn't stand out like it should. This really sets them apart from the other red/black teams in the league. Great combination of eras, and I think black was the right choice here.

I know this is a series for alts, but I'd love to see a full set based on this concept. Really great work.

8 hours ago, ldconcepts said:

Here's one for the Canadiens featuring the road jersey's pattern as a chest stripe.

Montreal+Canadiens+Concept.png

C&C Appreciated!

Looks like the striping in my avatar. :P

I think it might look cool to darken the shade of blue a bit more to the navy side, but keep the blue stripes royal. Having the 2 shades would make the colors pop more. It would be okay to add a new color cause even though the Habs unis are untouchable, a contemporary alternate would be fine.

17 hours ago, ldconcepts said:

Here's one for the Canadiens featuring the road jersey's pattern as a chest stripe.

Montreal+Canadiens+Concept.png

C&C Appreciated!

For some reason, I feel like this might look better as a white jersey.

Archived