Uni Watch Fauxback Contest - San Jose entry

greyraven8

Worked on this as entry in Uni Watch fauxback jersey contest.

Modified my slight modification (Paint/MS Paint "friendly") of Sparky Chewbarky's sweater template to smaller hockey sweater dimensions more in keeping with the era depicted.

Didn't submit this one after reading the area posted above "The Rules" regarding something to the effect that it needed to be original and not a knock-off (like the Rays were of the late 1970's Padres).

Made up a fake history where the Oakland Clippers didn't move to Spokane but instead moved to San Jose, and drew up a chain stitched Sharks logo for the sweater.

SanJoseSharksAsClippers1936_37_done_zpsb

I modified the striping by making it a bit simpler and thicker so it wouldn't look like a direct knock-off of the Oakland/Spokane Clippers.

So although I don't like it as much as the one above, the one below is what I entered:

SanJoseSharksAsClippers1936_37_modifedA_

That about as good as I could do with the limited spare time I had and the even more limited artistic and computer graphic ability.

If someone want to modify it, use some aspects of it to make something better, throw in their own take on the idea, etc., feel free.

"Just when I thought you'd said the stupidest thing, you keep on talking" - Hank Hill

Archived