Alternative History MLB Double Knit Era Series by Carolingian Steamroller (FINALIZED DESIGNS ALL 31)

Carolingian Steamroller

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry I'm a litttle late, but I think it'd look good for Cleveland if you utilize the three-stripe pattern on the pants throughout the rest, much like the Cavaliers. Detroit and Kansas City both look great, looking forward to the Twins!

On 7/1/2017 at 11:50 PM, coco1997 said:

Love that gold alt, but what if you made the "KC" blue? I think the gold crown would be more effective if it contrasted with the KC.

Everything else looks excellent, as usual.

Tried out swapping the gold and blue on the crowned Royals and yep it definitely looks better this way. Cheers to @coco1997 for the suggestion.

Crowned2.thumb.png.1953307d44070859c5d1fb5d495c637d.png

11 hours ago, MJD7 said:

Sorry I'm a litttle late, but I think it'd look good for Cleveland if you utilize the three-stripe pattern on the pants throughout the rest, much like the Cavaliers. Detroit and Kansas City both look great, looking forward to the Twins!

I actually did attempt to make the three-stripe pattern consistent. It appears on the collar, waistband, and the socks are intended to emulate it. Maybe, it needs a little more work flow better. 

Side note: I considered doing a wine/gold/navy version as an ode to the Lebrons but couldn't get it to work. I'll revisit that when I can spare a moment. 

11 minutes ago, Carolingian Steamroller said:

Tried out swapping the gold and blue on the crowned Royals and yep it definitely looks better this way. Cheers to @coco1997 for the suggestion.

Crowned2.png

Looks great. Nice job!

Looking forward to Minnesota next!

Twins today to finish the AL Central. I liked the idea of the Twins emulating another Minneapolis area club. I considered a maroon and silver scheme inspired by the Gophers but ultimately discovered that the classic Timberwolves looked best. I was literally in the middle of completing it when @MJD7 posted his blue and green Twins. 

My version is a little different. I used the combination classic script, with the slight tweak that with no more placket to cross I could bring the "i" and the "n" a little closer together. I've made heavy use of silver in this design, even using silver for the road uniform. As a modern touch I added center panels to both the collar and waistband, something prevalent in basketball but not in baseball. 

C&C welcomed as always! Enjoy!

595a42c23d2ef_HomeWolves2.thumb.png.b1464d05ba7eea81b03f909c7f34dc90.png
595a42b1c06bb_AwayWolves2.thumb.png.ea7cd4053f46b2ce06eefa1a892f258c.png
595a42a025960_AlternateWolves2.thumb.png.a4c428d3104f12be2d388364d886dcc1.png

Significant changes for the Phillies:

I really don't like the pairing of pinstripes and racing stripes (see the Mets above) but I wanted to keep some of the spirit of the Fightin' Phils alive. So I opted to keep the pins, add red sleeves and put white cuffs on them to somewhat mimic the effect while bringing the look into the modern era. I've used contrast sleeves because in an age of pullovers (oddly enough the Phillies never wore pullovers or sansabelts), I doubt the vest would survive and I liked the way the WBC jerseys looked. I've also opted for the 1940's style "P" and "Phillies" since its slightly askew angle has great appeal. In my mind the powder blue uniform is the official alternate and the royal blue version is the full-time road uniform but Phillies fans please feel free to swap them around in your own estimation. 

C&C as always welcomed! Enjoy!

595fd386302f5_Home3.thumb.png.867820683f981b63ec74c1f6c5d02415.png
595fd375b6218_Away3.thumb.png.b7060ccaf4b9ba762fa18ab3e4e9515f.png
595fd3e389959_Away1.thumb.png.54045a7e63a3e61ecbe13846592853ef.png

Great job on the Phillies! I was going to point out the off-kilter "P" and "Phillies" until I read your description and saw that it was intentional. ;)

This may be a dumb question, but was there ever an MLB team that wore a pullover jersey with contrasting sleeves?

23 minutes ago, Carolingian Steamroller said:

Which shade of red? More modern bright red? '60s candy apply? '70s maroon?

I tend to like the maroon myself, but I think the other shades of red you mentioned would look fantastic as well, whatever works for you I think is best.

1 hour ago, Carolingian Steamroller said:

Which shade of red? More modern bright red? '60s candy apply? '70s maroon?

I think if you go any darker than the current shade, it wouldn't contrast well with the road uniform.

Anyway, looking forward to Miami/Washington!

Archived