Habs'ing the NHL: Alternates (Vancouver added)

colinturner95

Alright, we've made it to the end of the home and away uniforms with the team with the best record in the league but no Cup to show for it.... 

QV3KjXQ.png 33rZpXR.png 

These may look uninspired and boring. I totally agree with you. Washington's uniforms were cool when they came out, but now the Adidas changeover really screwed them. Given that my goal for the home and aways was to reflect those with a Habs-esque stripe, I tried. But man these suck. I even tried using the wordmark rather than the eagle but that made things worse. That's really all I want to say about these

C&C welcome! Alternates will be starting soon!

AmPJ0Ty.png 

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i actually really like those, except for the piping down the arms.  One thing i think that could help, aside from removing said piping, would be to play with the placement of the chest stripe and logo.  It'd be cleaner if you had the chest strip end at the edges of the logo so you don't have the little bits showing from the small areas of negative space of the logo. 

On 9/25/2017 at 12:54 PM, B-mer said:

i actually really like those, except for the piping down the arms.  One thing i think that could help, aside from removing said piping, would be to play with the placement of the chest stripe and logo.  It'd be cleaner if you had the chest strip end at the edges of the logo so you don't have the little bits showing from the small areas of negative space of the logo. 

I never thought about truncating the chest stripe because the Habs stripe goes all the way through and since I'm habsing the teams I tried to be as close to that while keeping each team semi unique at the same time. I'll play with the Caps a little bit more 

AmPJ0Ty.png 

So I took @B-mer's suggestions and played with the Caps a little bit 

wPBEgUL.png IFHvEzZ.png 

I got rid of the vertical piping on the sleeves and changed the chest stripe so that there isn't that awkward space behind the Weagle's wings. Let me know what you guys think.

AmPJ0Ty.png 

ALTERNATES TIME!

Like before, going from 31 to 1, so kicking things back off is Colorado: 

dKvUwgm.png

Again, a lot of these will be based off now former alternates. So for the Avs, I used their last alternate uniform as the base and Habs'd it with a minor change to the collar. Beyond that, not much terribly different. 

Let me know what you guys think!

AmPJ0Ty.png 

Thought I'd go a different route with Vancouver: 

6iXOkVP.png

Of all the color schemes and looks Vancouver has worn, the black,red and yellow years are my favorite. So I thought why not do a throwback uniform with a twist? So I took the '85-'89 uniforms and Habs'd them. I also gave the chest stripe a little bend in the middle to make it more unique to Vancouver. I also gave the stick-in-the-rink logo the appropriate color treatment for the uniforms. 

C&C welcome! 

AmPJ0Ty.png 

HGxj2dn.png

I'm not intending for all of these to be throwbacks, but I had already used the kachina pattern and the old green alternate pattern just didn't work how I wanted it so I went an old route for the Coyotes. So in that being said, not much really differs from old to new, just moved the hem stripe, and omitted the pant stripe this time. 

C&C welcome as always!

AmPJ0Ty.png 

Archived