Habs'ing the NHL: Alternates (Vancouver added)

colinturner95

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 7/1/2017 at 10:30 PM, MJWalker45 said:

I'd add a thicker outline on the aways so they are legible on TV. Sleeve numbers might need to be bigger too.

4Tod0Iv.png UUHmOU7.png

Beefed up the outlines on the numbers and made the TV numbers bigger. 

And now for Dallas: 

AEsO4GR.png cqpM9kC.png

I love Dallas' new look so not much changes. I added the roundel logo to the shoulders and the Texas outline with the D-Star to the pants. 

C&C welcome. Hope you all have a great 4th of July!

AmPJ0Ty.png 

For the Stars, I'd suggest changing the outline color to match the jersey itself (green on the home, white on the away). Also maybe thickening it a tad. I know the color change might sound strange, but it'll make it clearer against the chest stripe and look like it has no outline against the jersey which has the added bonus of matching what the Stars have currently.

On 7/3/2017 at 2:39 PM, JB Designs said:

For the Stars, I'd suggest changing the outline color to match the jersey itself (green on the home, white on the away). Also maybe thickening it a tad. I know the color change might sound strange, but it'll make it clearer against the chest stripe and look like it has no outline against the jersey which has the added bonus of matching what the Stars have currently.

2gXLXy7.png Vbz6wGn.png

So I'm trying the single color numbers out. I tried it initially and I didn't think it looked very good but here it is this time 

And at the same time, here's the next team up, Florida

TstausG.png 4bHxxG5.png

Not a whole lot really changes since the Panthers really did just update the whole look. Numbers and logos switch places. Numbers are navy now, which gives the overall look a little bit more navy, and the new old leaping panther logo is on the pant leg now.

C&C welcome!

AmPJ0Ty.png 

Up next: LA

0ErkMFO.png nhrBucy.png

If not for the piping, this would have been just a greyscale version of Montreal with a shield on the chest instead of a big C. Beyond that, for the Kings it's not too big of a departure. 

C&C always appreciated!

AmPJ0Ty.png 

41 minutes ago, MiK said:

I'm curious what adding purple & gold would look like with the Kings. Replacing the silver stripes with gold and the solid stripe with purple.

Me too. Or just making their colors purple and yellow...or purple and black...or purple and grey. I know that's not the point of this thread, but their color scheme is so dull.

On 7/5/2017 at 3:15 PM, bkknight95 said:

2gXLXy7.png Vbz6wGn.png

So I'm trying the single color numbers out. I tried it initially and I didn't think it looked very good but here it is this time 

And at the same time, here's the next team up, Florida

TstausG.png 4bHxxG5.png

Not a whole lot really changes since the Panthers really did just update the whole look. Numbers and logos switch places. Numbers are navy now, which gives the overall look a little bit more navy, and the new old leaping panther logo is on the pant leg now.

C&C welcome!

Love the Stars, but I love their current unis as-is - the kelly green was such a huge upgrade for them! That said, the two-color stripes on the white set are a great feature.

As for the Panthers, they look like a soccer team, but with that logo I think they would regardless.

So as of about 11:30 pm mountain time last night, I have decided to come back through at the end of the home and away sets and do alternate jerseys for all the teams. Just thought I'd mention that before I post Carolina: 

gsHbTz5.png dUJA7PZ.png

Carolina bringing back the hurricane flag stripe is awesome, even if it is only subliminal. Bringing it back on just the red jersey though? Still makes me sad, since they had some unique uniforms before they decided to simplify things. Anyways, back in concept world, both jerseys have the hurricane flag striping. The socks too. Beyond that, not a whole lot changes. Put the warning flag logo on the shoulders again, where it belongs. 

C&C welcome as always!

AmPJ0Ty.png 

I personally consider these my best so far and my favorite thus far: 

nJwWwNm.png PKThLBk.png

Jets 2.0 doesn't see a whole lot of change. I added a stripe in the middle of the double stripe they currently use as a way to unify the stripes across both jerseys. Plus this way the stripes appear more consistent in my opinion. Beyond that, not a whole lot of changes. 

C&C welcome!

AmPJ0Ty.png 

23 hours ago, crazyboy335 said:

Carolina looks sick, the striping looks like something they'd wear. IMO, Winnipeg should have red somewhere on the jersey other than the logo. Could the silver on the collar go to red?

I gave it a thought and even tried out red in the striping and it just didn't look as good as the silver does to me. 

and while i'm here, here's Philly: 

hohKIZt.png xAKDKNb.png

Philly with no stripe running down the sleeve looks wrong in so many ways, so I gave them their normal sleeve stripe that ends on the new stripe. And on the away jersey I flipped the back number color for legibility 

C&C welcome!

AmPJ0Ty.png 

Archived