Habs'ing the NHL: Alternates (Vancouver added)

colinturner95

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hgFf4T0.png me2X2Fa.png

I was not a fan when Tampa Bay super simplified their look back in 2011 (has it really been that long?). I thought they had a winning look before the switch, but then again what they were switching from what Reebok originally gave them, I guess it wasn't all that bad. Anyways, did a few things to the Bolts here. I went back to the brighter blue they originally used. I like it more than the darker, dingier blue they use now. Also there's no black anywhere. I thought it made the look cleaner overall and finally, got rid of the "TAMPA BAY" on the white jersey. 

C&C welcome!

AmPJ0Ty.png 

So thanks to Windows and their ever loving updates, I spent most of my friday, saturday and sunday trying to figure out why my GPU compatibility in  Illustrator suddenly ceased working when it has been flawless in the 6 months I've had this computer. Anyways, that caused me to reset my computer and as a result, not get a whole lot of designing done. But anyways, I'm back with the last non playoff team, the Islanders: 

ETzr0Ju.png  7GQvbrI.png

Not really much I have to say about these. Basically just took their current stripe pattern and made it into two stripes and Habs'd them. I went single color on the back numbers for what I felt was the best possible visibility. 

C&C welcome, and brace yourselves... 

The playoff teams are coming. 

AmPJ0Ty.png 

14 minutes ago, charger77 said:

Any way to Habs the Islanders with 4 stripes?

Definitely. I'll 4 stripe them with the alternates when I come back through and do those. 

And since I have them done, here's the first of the playoff teams, the Stanley Cup runner ups: The Preds

zHTsuQ5.png WsAn2Xh.png 

Nashville lost the worst out of the whole Adidas switchover. And we haven't even seen the away jerseys yet. Even with the piping, they still didn't look bad. Anyways, end of mini rant. I used the striping on the now old away jerseys for both uniforms. I'm still not 100% sure about the numbers on the home jersey. I personally feel that there is enough contrast, but I could be totally wrong too. I also got rid of the pant stripe. It just feels out of place with the uniforms. 

C&C welcome!

AmPJ0Ty.png 

Keeping this thread rolling with Calgary: 

bVEJXCW.png bpkcKe6.png 

Oh Calgary, you took care of one thing and left the rest of your problems on the jerseys. Anyways, I used the striping from the current uniforms, which I think worked really well. I kept the italicized font but used a regular block font for the names. Not much else to say about these. 

C&C welcome. Just a heads up, I will be going on vacation so my posts might be a few days in between. 

AmPJ0Ty.png 

Finally was able to get my computer out again:

rqdBU6Y.png sdxtkfh.png 

Initially when Toronto released their new uniforms I was disappointed and thought they downgraded, but the more I actually looked at them, they began to grow on me. Anyways, tried something different from all the other uniforms I've done. I think this is the first uniform where the chest stripe doesn't match the sleeves. Did that to match the actual sleeve stripes to the existing hem. Beyond that, not much too different across the board. 

C&C welcome!

AmPJ0Ty.png 

I'm back from vacation and hoping this thread isn't dead: 

6HH3yy6.png 72NnGvd.png 

I think Boston did well with the Adidas change over. They finally dropped at least one outline on the names on the back which helps immensely. Anyways, I went with the 81-95 striping in place of what they use currently. I personally think that it looks better. One color names on the back and I kept all the outlines on the numbers to try and help with contrast from the stripe. Shoulder yokes remain, simplified spoked B on the pant leg. 

C&C welcome!

AmPJ0Ty.png 

Cool idea--and well executed.

Altering the actual number & thickness of stripes to match each team was a good idea--as well as incorporating otehr ideas (Such as on the Hurricanes.)

As well on some teams it seems subtle--where they could almost do this and not stick out so much.

One thing I woudl do differently is change the Number font on the Flames to no be italicized--I think that would suit the rest of it better (& I still wish they have gone more like their original uniforms)

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

Here we have a team that has already shown us what chest stripes look like on them (It's not Montreal) 

HJCfyz9.png 1a4Ir4N.png 

The Sens had one job to do when Adidas took over and they somehow failed to do that. Their Reebok inspired uniforms are ugly and need I say more? I used the now retired alternate (rest in peace) as the base. I also made the home uniform black. In a conference with 2 other red and black teams, a black home jersey would stand out more. Plus I think the Senators look better in black, unpopular opinion maybe. I also used the side profile senator, which I think is superior to the current primary. 

C&C welcome!

AmPJ0Ty.png 

I'm convinced that individuality is still achievable while still sticking to a basic pattern - I call for the immediate hab-ization of the entire NHL.

Really great stuff man.

73, 77, 81, 83, 90, 06

29, 30, 31, 36, 39, 44, 61, 62, 65, 66, 67, 96, 10

Another Cali team, San Jose: 

PRqjD4V.png X6QBNq1.png 

Not gonna lie, I hated the new uniforms for the Sharks when they were unveiled. I didn't think they made sense, the striping looked wrong. But you know what, after a few years they have really grown on me. I'd go as far to say that they look better than the uniforms they replaced. But anyways. Took said stripe and made a chest stripe out of it and beyond that, not a whole lot changed. 

C&C welcome!

AmPJ0Ty.png 

40 minutes ago, bkknight95 said:

Another Cali team, San Jose: 

PRqjD4V.png X6QBNq1.png 

Not gonna lie, I hated the new uniforms for the Sharks when they were unveiled. I didn't think they made sense, the striping looked wrong. But you know what, after a few years they have really grown on me. I'd go as far to say that they look better than the uniforms they replaced. But anyways. Took said stripe and made a chest stripe out of it and beyond that, not a whole lot changed. 

C&C welcome!

Sharp! Perfect use and amount of orange for the team.

Archived