Habs'ing the NHL: Alternates (Vancouver added)

colinturner95

So this is one of a couple concept ideas I've had in my head. We're always talking about Original 6 Dress up and that got reignited when Florida redid their uniforms which bear a resemblance to Montreal's so it made me wonder, what would the league look like if every team had a chest stripe like the Habs. It's a fairly simple idea, and each team will have something unique about them. It won't be just a Montreal jersey template in Vegas colors. For the moment I have no plans on doing alternates for the teams, but I plan on doing the special event games and the all star tournament, but we'll see how this goes and I might throw in alternates. I also wanted to do these on an Adidas template, but I didn't have it ready in time, so I used the closest Reebok collar I had to the Adidas ones and rolled from there

I'm going from bottom to top based on final regular season standings, so if you want to see how this will go,  go here (https://www.nhl.com/standings) and you can follow along. With that being said, I have the first two teams ready, Colorado and Vancouver. 

DCzIR4e.png 8TpqPDL.png

For the Avalanche, I tried to make a mountain-style chest stripe but it didn't work out how I wanted it to so I used the old alternates as inspiration for a stripe and then added the mountain pattern on the bottom hem 

XSOBwQx.png  FHkfXAi.png

I ditched the Orca for the Canucks, using the stick in the rink, and the Johnny + V logo. Used the stripes from the alternate, which is consistent throughout to the pants and the socks. Kept the one color numbers. 

C&C welcome on these two

AmPJ0Ty.png 

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Up next: Arizona: 

ptN6f7v.png prX9TNm.png

This one was easy. There is no stripe that screams Coyotes more than the kachina stripe. It's also a little bit of a blast from the past. Black is the main color at home, different logos on each shoulder, no white on the home jersey. 

C&C welcome as always!

AmPJ0Ty.png 

Canucks works really well for this.  Coyotes look great too! 

EDIT: just noticed that you need to flop the shoulder logos on the backs of the Coyotes jerseys.  As of now they aren't corresponding with the fronts. 

6 hours ago, bkknight95 said:

Up next: Arizona: 

ptN6f7v.png prX9TNm.png

This one was easy. There is no stripe that screams Coyotes more than the kachina stripe. It's also a little bit of a blast from the past. Black is the main color at home, different logos on each shoulder, no white on the home jersey. 

C&C welcome as always!

looks like an ugly sweater for christmas in a good way

20 hours ago, B-mer said:

Canucks works really well for this.  Coyotes look great too! 

EDIT: just noticed that you need to flop the shoulder logos on the backs of the Coyotes jerseys.  As of now they aren't corresponding with the fronts. 

ERhQKFW.png

Had it right on the home jersey but missed it on the away :wacko:

And I have the next team ready: New Jersey

VZoonqX.pngyBK34jm.png

If you were looking for something wild from the Devils, you're not gonna find it here. Used the stripe they wore the longest (and won all their championships in). Kept the yoke. They've always had one, no reason to get rid of it now. So yeah, not really a radical departure. 

C&C welcome

AmPJ0Ty.png 

1 hour ago, JosiahWVU said:

Quick question, when will you do Vegas is you are going by the standings?

I'll do them at 6, which was their draft spot, so they'll get posted with Anaheim

AmPJ0Ty.png 

So remember when I said I wasn't gonna use an Adidas template because mine wasn't ready? Well, it is now. I realized that the yoke on the template wasn't gonna work for every team so I worked one up. It's not perfect. I'm waiting on more views to come out of different configurations of the template to really nail it down, but for this thread I think it will work nicely. 

Anyways, next up: Buffalo. 

BxEP8Fo.png OIwOear.png

Most of the time when I do a Sabres concept I remove grey, but in this case, I think it works when the ugly armpit stains and random piping is gone. Not a whole lot is different from the overall aesthetic, but for the first time in Sabres history, the numbers on the blue/navy jersey is white instead of gold. It was more legible than gold numbers on gold stripes. 

C&C welcome as always!

AmPJ0Ty.png 

Detroit being 25th in overall league standings makes me sad as a Wings fan. 

7LdaiXl.png 2eWnV7A.png

Not much changes. I made the stripes a little wider, so it's a little closer to the '09 Winter Classic jersey than the current set. I tried the red sleeves on the white like the current away jerseys but I felt that it defeated the whole idea of the thread, plus it didn't look good to me. 

C&C welcome!

AmPJ0Ty.png 

Archived