Lycan38 Presents: NHL by Adidas (Blackhawks/Bruins 11/28)

Lycan38

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 hours ago, ldconcepts said:

Welp, I was just about to make a similar logo...

lol. Go for it, like to see what you come up with.

San Jose Sharks

Adidas-San+Jose.png

The Sharks made no changes. So, for them I decide to make some. The jersey gets heavier with the inclusion of hem stripes. I decided to keep the current way they do their striping. Silver in place of orange. For the home I drew back to their inaugural look for it.  While the road is based off their more recent looks. A new black alt is added featuring the new shark head.

Alright next........

Chicago Blackhawks

Adidas-Chicago.png

Chicago to the surprise of no one made no changes. For them I made small changes to their primary set. A black alt returns but inspired by what they wore in their early years.

Sharks do look pretty nice. Love the "heavier" line. 

Hawks im wondering if the home would benefit from laces on the collar. That design always makes me want the classic black collar and laces. 

Continuing on with....

Columbus Blue Jackets

Adidas-Columbus.png

I was disappointed the Blue Jackets only made small changes to their current set. For their primary set I drew inspiration from elements of of their design. Alternate is based off an old concept I did for them. A more traditional font for the numbering. Overall, I think this set is an upgrade for them.

Great work so far! I don't mean to hijack your thread but do you mind me asking where you got that Adidas template? I do not post much AT ALL but a huge lurker... and I mess around in my free time making jerseys for fun; I've been looking for an Adidas template and this one's great. I'd like to download it for personal fun. Thanks in advance if you can help me out.

By the way your Blue Jackets set is incredible. So much better than the bland and boring set they have. They have a great color scheme and alternate logo they could take their branding to new heights... but failed. You have done a great job at depicting what they should wear! My only suggestion is putting the cannon logo on the home and aways!

17 hours ago, Hockey13Playa said:

Great work so far! I don't mean to hijack your thread but do you mind me asking where you got that Adidas template? I do not post much AT ALL but a huge lurker... and I mess around in my free time making jerseys for fun; I've been looking for an Adidas template and this one's great. I'd like to download it for personal fun. Thanks in advance if you can help me out.

By the way your Blue Jackets set is incredible. So much better than the bland and boring set they have. They have a great color scheme and alternate logo they could take their branding to new heights... but failed. You have done a great job at depicting what they should wear! My only suggestion is putting the cannon logo on the home and aways!

Template can be found here (did my own adjustments to it) Template

4 hours ago, ldconcepts said:

Chicago and San Jose look amazing!

Something seems a little off with the Blue Jackets away. Normally a slight colour imbalance wouldn't be a problem, but with red pants, the jersey would be too red.

I played around with a few different variants for the pants. Nothing worked right for me other than the red.

Just now, Lycan38 said:

I played around with a few different variants for the pants. Nothing worked right for me other than the red.

Yeah, that can't really be changed. I was thinking more on the jersey itself.

Nyzv9xS.png

Twitter: @ldconcepts / Instagram: @ld.concepts / Website

Thanks for all the feedback so far. Next up...

Vegas Golden Knights

Adidas-Vegas.png

The NHL's newest franchise I felt had a good reveal. Some things I liked and others I didn't. So, for them I simply decided to make slight changes overall.

On 7/8/2017 at 5:44 PM, Lycan38 said:

Template can be found here (did my own adjustments to it) Template

Thanks man! I am going to have to edit this and update some stitching, and see if I can make a "mesh" effect for the shoulders, and get the inside the jersey tags. I used to use Speedy's Rebok Edget Template and that was fantastic, going to have to edit this to mimic that style :)

2 hours ago, TheGoldenTriangle said:

Thank you for removing red, it always felt forced. These would be my ideal Knights uniforms

That specifically had never occurred to me, but the red kind of has looked shoehorned in now that I think about it...

3 hours ago, Lycan38 said:

Vegas Golden Knights

Adidas-Vegas.png

The NHL's newest franchise I felt had a good reveal. Some things I liked and others I didn't. So, for them I simply decided to make slight changes overall.

Looks amazing! I'd also add a recoloured shoulder patch.

Nyzv9xS.png

Twitter: @ldconcepts / Instagram: @ld.concepts / Website

Next up...

Toronto Maple Leafs

Adidas-Toronto.png

Toronto made no changes, no surprise. I decided to go a different route then just "fixing" what I think is wrong with their current look. Instead I brought back my favorite Leafs look.

On 2017-07-10 at 7:02 PM, Lycan38 said:

Vegas Golden Knights

Adidas-Vegas.png

...2 thumbs-up on all of these, Lycan!

The "white-instead-of-red" on Vegas looks so-o-o much cleaner.

The addition of red to the Las Vegas colour scheme was a little puzzling to me...

About halfway through the long process, it was officially announced that the team colours would definitely be gold, grey/silver and black (West Point colours). At about the same time that Foley revealed that West Point wasn't fussy on him using their name, it was announced that red would be added to the gold/grey/black...Could it be that West Point also did not want Las Vegas using their colours? Could it be that red was added for legal reasons? It DOES seem like an afterthought, and strangely, after much hoopla was made about the addition of "Red-Rock Red", most Vegas merchandise doesn't include any red at all...Weird!

Archived