Lycan38 Presents: NHL by Adidas (Blackhawks/Bruins 11/28)

Lycan38

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 8/1/2017 at 6:57 PM, Lycan38 said:

Nashville Predators

Adidas-Nashville.png

The primary set is inspired by their previous set. Alternate is based off the old navy alt. Also features sublimated checker pattern between the stripes.

I'm digging the striping, but I think I'd swap the yellow and blue stripes on the road jersey. I'm also not feeling the number font at all, I don't think it fits Nashville. I'd stick with their current one.

58f9196939e87_CCSLCsig.png.9bc4492f6b88c5f7d305eb5337acf1f0.png

On August 1, 2017 at 5:57 PM, Lycan38 said:

Nashville Predators

Adidas-Nashville.png

The primary set is inspired by their previous set. Alternate is based off the old navy alt. Also features sublimated checker pattern between the stripes.

I like it, but will echo that it feels a tad too traditional, for Nashville. Navy shoulders don't work very well with the pick logo, I recommend a yellow outline, for them. The numbers need to go, as well. Their current ones should be brought back.

The alternate is perfect, except for the checkerboard. The blue on black was a complete misfire, in motion. It was distracting, and made you feel like your eyes were playing tricks on you. It was even worse, in person. On top of that, the checkerboard has nothing to do with Nashville, a city with practically zero racing culture. I say to just ditch it.

Thunder Bay Lynx - International Hockey Association (2 seasons, 2017-18, 2019-20, 2018 Xtreme Cup Champions)Houston Armadillos - Major League Hockey (2 seasons, 2016-18) | Minnesota Muskies - North American Basketball Association (1 season, 2017-2018) | Louisville Thoroughbreds - United League of Baseball (1 season, 2017, 2017 United Cup Champions) | Las Vegas Thunderbirds - International Basketball League (1 season, 2016-17, 2017 Champions) 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I love the Arizona set, it addresses two of my biggest gripes, with their look. The underutilization of sand, and the lack of their old striping. Bravo.

Thunder Bay Lynx - International Hockey Association (2 seasons, 2017-18, 2019-20, 2018 Xtreme Cup Champions)Houston Armadillos - Major League Hockey (2 seasons, 2016-18) | Minnesota Muskies - North American Basketball Association (1 season, 2017-2018) | Louisville Thoroughbreds - United League of Baseball (1 season, 2017, 2017 United Cup Champions) | Las Vegas Thunderbirds - International Basketball League (1 season, 2016-17, 2017 Champions) 

Alright getting close to finishing up the league. Only Detroit and St. Louis (I believe) left to post after this next team. Series won't be over got a few revisits I have planned. Winter Classic and maybe some other stuff. On to the next team.

Colorado Avalanche

Adidas-Colorado.png

For the Avalanche, the primary is a mix of their classic look and their Stadium Series design. Alternate is a mixture of elements from previous alternates. Also, I tweaked the primary logo a little bit.

Alright, the last team on the run through the league. Revisits are coming.

St. Louis Blues

Adidas-St+Louis.png

For the Blues, I went with a design inspired by the current sock striping. Minimized navy a little bit. For the alternate I brought back the roundel (which I always liked). Alternate also features sublimated lines. A nod to their look in the mid to late 90s.

Archived