Lycan38 Presents: NHL by Adidas (Blackhawks/Bruins 11/28)

Lycan38

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Lycan38 said:

Adidas-NY+Rangers-Update1.png

Did a quick update. Fixed the collar on the home. Changed the alt to tweaked version of the old Lady Liberty alt.

Perfection

spacer.png

Without any more delay. Next up...

New York Islanders

Adidas-NY+Islanders.png

The Islanders didn't make changes, no surprise there. For them I merged together some ideas taken from the classic look and their first design when Reebok took over. This is something I've had in mind for a while. I think it turned out well.

On ‎6‎/‎27‎/‎2017 at 6:55 PM, Lycan38 said:

Thanks everyone. Next up....

Buffalo Sabres

Adidas-Buffalo.png

Buffalo didn't really change much with the change over to Adidas. For them I decided to return to royal blue. Merged together various elements in the new logo. Brought back (and tweaked) the alternate logo last seen on the Slug jerseys.

I like that. I really love this uniform!

I know the side facing logo is the superior, but having the alt based on their inaugural jersey and not use the logo that closest resembles the inaugural logo seems odd to me. 

And while the home and road look nice, the yokes make them look too much like the Devils. 

looking at it again, perhaps adding a single stripe to the yokes would help differentiate.  So a thick white stripe on the home, thick red on the road.  This would mimic the sleeve/hem striping and give a little more of a barberpole reference without being over the top. 

Pittsburgh Penguins

Adidas-Pittsburgh.png

For the Penguins I decided to keep in line with their current look. While fixing the things about it that always bugged me. More consistency in the striping between both jerseys. Also, the robo penguin logo returns to the shoulder.  Although a slightly tweaked version of it.

Archived