Lycan38 Presents: NHL by Adidas (Blackhawks/Bruins 11/28)

Lycan38

The recent Adidas reveal inspired me to start up a new series. Its been some time since I last did a concept. So, knocking off some ring rust in the first few.

Edmonton Oilers

Adidas-Edmonton.png

Promoted the previous third while making some minor changes. Kept the current colors. Added third that is something I can see the team bringing in the near future.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks everyone. Next up....

Buffalo Sabres

Adidas-Buffalo.png

Buffalo didn't really change much with the change over to Adidas. For them I decided to return to royal blue. Merged together various elements in the new logo. Brought back (and tweaked) the alternate logo last seen on the Slug jerseys.

Moving on in the series. Next up....

Carolina Hurricanes

Adidas-Carolina.png

Carolina took a step forward but I felt they over did the black on the home. I decided to scale back on it and create more continuity between the home and road. Sublimated warning flag pattern remains and is on more than just the home. Cleaned up their logo which I have done in the past. Empty shoulders, Carolina looks better with them in my opinion. Brought back a black third which takes cues from the previous third.

4 hours ago, Lycan38 said:

Moving on in the series. Next up....

Carolina Hurricanes

Adidas-Carolina.png

Carolina took a step forward but I felt they over did the black on the home. I decided to scale back on it and create more continuity between the home and road. Sublimated warning flag pattern remains and is on more than just the home. Cleaned up their logo which I have done in the past. Empty shoulders, Carolina looks better with them in my opinion. Brought back a black third which takes cues from the previous third.

I like that you made the warning flag pattern subtler (except for the black alt, which I'm okay with). For whatever reason it seems overdone to me as-is.

Thanks. Next in line....

Tampa Bay Lightning

Adidas-Tampa+Bay.png

Tampa Bay didn't change with the Adidas takeover. For them I took inspiration from their inaugural design.  Black is featured more (which is something I think they should do).  Updated logo, which I have used in the past. Overall I think this gives a Lightning a much better look.

Next up....

Minnesota Wild

Adidas-Minnesota.png

The Wild's reveal was okay. I was pretty indifferent to what they revealed. For Minnesota I decided to play off what they reveal and provide more unison between their set. Added a state of Minnesota shoulder patch which is inspired by the bear head logo. Added a red alternate, merged together elements from their previous red jersey and their Stadium Series look.

Continuing on with.....

Calgary Flames

Adidas-Calgary.png

The Flames reveal went as I expected. For them I went with a retro inspired set. While keeping black in their color scheme. Logo and stripes colors match (thought it looked better that way). Overall, I'm happy with how the set turned out.

I'd tweak the collars on the Flames a bit. The home seems to have more black because of it, which throws the color balance on the road jersey. A black collar on both might fix that actually...

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

EDM: Pretty much my ideal Oilers look at this point if they wanted this redesign. Again, one thing: add a navy outline to the home name, and I guess to match that an orange outline to the away,

BUF: Again, perfect. The logo tweaks don't look like much, but they subtly improve it. I also love the simplified B-sword on the shoulders. This is how they should look (minus the blue cuffs on the away, they add nothing and will be hidden by gloves of the same colour).

CAR: You just perfected (am I saying that too often?) the near-perfect uniform Carolina unveiled, fixing the away, the home, and adding an alternate that fixes their previous alternate while calling back to the primaries you made. The logo, design-wise is much better. It makes the white space more apparent, but I'm not used to it, maybe that's why I don't really like it.

TBL: That, sir, is once again perfection, but unlike the others in the series, it's not obvious perfection. You perfected the logo, by mixing eras and adding something fans are calling for. The jerseys compliment it well, modern but historic. Well done.

MIN: The Wild can go many directions with their uniforms, you chose one and executed it to perfection. That shoulder patch you made looks great! They can also go in many directions for their alternate, but I think you tried to combine one too many. The striping needs to match.

CGY: Your update looks much better. The away uniform was looking too black, but you improved it. One thing that's bugging me: I like the look of the two-tone numbers, but they don't match the logo. Either add another outline or take away the logo's outline.

Great series, looking forward to more!

Nyzv9xS.png

Twitter: @ldconcepts / Instagram: @ld.concepts / Website

Thanks for the feedback. I may tweak some of the earlier concepts (unsure at this point).

Next up....

New Jersey Devils

Adidas-New+Jersey.png

New Jersey took a step back with their reveal. For them I decided to go with something based off their early look while maintaining some elements from their best look. Something like this is what I was sort of hoping for with their reveal.

Next up....

Dallas Stars

Adidas-Dallas.png

Dallas predictably didn't change with the Adidas change over.  So, for them I wanted to do something that I had in mind for some time. Whole set is North Stars inspired. Brought back the old logo, making some minor changes to it. Keep the current roundel while making some slight tweaks.

Archived