Lycan38 Presents: NHL by Adidas (Blackhawks/Bruins 11/28)

Lycan38

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You know it's gonna be quality when it's a Lycan38 series.  Great work as always my man, you're one of my favorite designers on here.  Can't wait to see what you do with my Caps.

spacer.png

17 hours ago, Crabcake47 said:

You know it's gonna be quality when it's a Lycan38 series.  Great work as always my man, you're one of my favorite designers on here.  Can't wait to see what you do with my Caps.

I appreciate the kind words, thank you.

Los Angeles Kings

Adidas-Los+Angeles.png

I had hoped with the Adidas change over the Kings would at the least match their set. We didn't get that. So, for them I decided to do that. I dropped the piping, crown logo reinstated as the primary. Coat of arms logo returns and kept the silver and black. I had hoped with the Adidas change over the Kings would at the least add a match their set. We didn't get that. So, for them I decided to do that. I dropped the piping, crown logo reinstated as the primary. Coat of arms logo returns and kept the silver and black.

Removing the red from the Golden Knights: such a simple and brilliant fix.  One of if not the best Golden Knights concepts I've seen.  That Kings set is also pure class.  Only suggestion would be to have a black alternate that used purple in a subtle way.

I never noticed, I'll likely change up the banner. So, this team is a ways off at this point but I wanted to share this and get some feedback. Unsure which version I might go with or make some slight changes still.

Washington Capitals logo idea

20046112_1725766530784601_1981442338_n.p

I always liked that unused Capitals logo and wanted something that was similar to it.

2 hours ago, JB Designs said:

I would say the W-only logo with the white background is the strongest. Easier for small applications and gets the job done without adding an unnecessary color to the scheme.

Thanks for the feedback. I think thats the route I will go and funny enough my friend said basically the same thing once he saw it.

On 7/11/2017 at 8:20 PM, OhioSportsMan61 said:

Really digging the Knights unis you came up with. Looks much cleaner with the elimination of red

Only thing I'd add to Toronto are collared laces, but it's a nice set as is

"Collared Laces" or "Laced Collar"?

Next team up...

Boston Bruins

Adidas-Boston.png

Boston  no surprise with their reveal. For them I decided to make small changes. Tweaked the logo a little. Changed up the striping on the home/road socks. Added an alternate based on their past.

not sure how i feel about the logo.  I think it'd look better with their normal one.  Home, otherwise, looks great.  The road socks as they were in the Reebok set were perfect match for that set, in my opinion.  I would keep the stripe black outlined in gold.  Alternative idea, have the arm/hem stripes match the sock stripes.  Might be an interesting look.

Continuing on with the series.

New York Rangers

Adidas-NY+Rangers.png

The Rangers no surprise didn't change. For New York I've brought back the look they last wore in the 90s. I always felt that was their best design. Demoted the previous primary to alternate status.

50 minutes ago, B-mer said:

Look good. Small error on the Rangers home and alt - the back jersey collar is red where it's all blue on the front. 

Haha, I never noticed it. Thanks for pointing it out.

Love NYR home/road, but the alt is too similar to the home imo.  Maybe try incorporating navy blue or the lady liberty logo somehow?

spacer.png

Archived