HuntTheJones

If there's another school that starts with "G" whose mascot is "Gators," submit this to them.

I would promote the G-gator to the primary, if not the only logo. The walking gator is very good, but I think would work better on t-shirts and such as a secondary/spirit mark rather than the primary mark.

Other criticism is the "flying G." I don't like the three strokes, as it's just too different from the rest of the brand and really doesn't make much sense with the rest of it.

Also, I'd develop a number font to use on the jerseys instead of standard block.

By and large, other than those minor changes, you're golden.

GoldenPanthers.png
RiverHawks.png

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank you @stumpygremlin for the tips! The Gator "G" actually started as the primary that I submitted to the school, the walking gator only became the primary in my personal concept because I liked him better.  I have tried a number font to match the word marks, but I'm just not a fan of how the italic style numbers look on jerseys.  You can see the number font on the football field.

spacer.png

Wow! I think the wordmark G on both the cap and primary look great! That navy cap without the white outline is sharp. I'm a HS teacher/coach and to me that cap is something that would sell extremely well to a student body. $$$

1 hour ago, HuntTheJones said:

Here's my logo and the new school logo that was chosen for comparison.

IMG_0750.PNG IMG_0749.JPG

Really?! They chose that logo? Your logos are far superior to that. I especially like the Gator G. 

spacer.png

jCMXRTJ.png.c7b9b888fd36f93c327929ec580f08dc.png

17 hours ago, HuntTheJones said:

Here's my logo and the new school logo that was chosen for comparison.

IMG_0750.PNG IMG_0749.JPG

Must of just been some school politics, what were they thinking!

Excellent!

Archived