Sign in to follow this  
Go Red Sox!

MiLB | California League Logo Rebrand

Go Red Sox!    530

Another rebrand of a MiLB league logo. This time it's the California League whose current logo has been in use since 2000. No more baseball and bats, or gold and red, but orange and yellow as the two new colors.

Link to current mark: http://www.sportslogos.net/logos/view/zag1rh2hfy5vrihmrhf6/_California_League/2000/Primary_Logo

California League logo.png

panthers_2012    476

Yes to the whole thing! Great job!!! 

MBurmy    428

BEAUTIFUL!!!! Seriously, they should hit you up about adopting your design as their new logo...

Atomic    655

It's a good logo. I just don't think it resonates with "California" really well. This really needs a California landmark/iconography instead of a generic mountain and water. 

To me, the colors give off an Arizona-vibe, while the center icon reminds me more of a Hawaiian island in the ocean at sunset. 

Steelman    95

I like the design, but I'm not feeling the orange. Honestly the gold in the original might be a unique pairing with the new gold, white and red. Certainly a nice design. Good work as usual.

I really like where you're going with this! While Atomic is right as in it doesn't scream "California" to me, one idea I had is that you could make the mountains make the shape of the Californian coast? But instead of run it from N-S, make it run from W-E so it looks like "mountains." 

And the colors should be a little more brighter and vibrant. Something like light blue (ocean), tan/sandy (desert), white and a darker color (like navy blue or something similar) to accent everything. Perhaps similar to the Padres' logos from 2004-2011. 

Go Red Sox!    530

Thanks, guys!

Here's a less Arizona-vibe, more California-like draft in terms of colors, my first out of two color schemes for this mark.

California League logo2.png

NoE38    412

Just wondering, how would the logo look with the colors of the flag of California?

Mns2002    3
7 hours ago, NoE38 said:

Just wondering, how would the logo look with the colors of the flag of California?

Not the best but something like this

5960ec0c4a5ad_CaliforniaLeaguelogo2.png.8b601bc6eeac391bcba04660cdab9ee7.png

HoopsCoach55    16

Love the Gold and Blue design, because I agree the orange gave it an AZ/NV feel, but I still feel that somethings missing..... maybe some lighter blue in the water?

dsaline97    465

I think one thing that would help for me is an outline on the mountains, it looks awkward where the sun goes into the cracks of the mountains. Something like this:

CaliforniaLeague.png.2528e4a70f4b6b036d4f32420e723a26.png

JMtexan09    108

Hey @Go Red Sox!, I was just thinking of using the original colors of the logo to your design. it might help alot. and maybe try other one with the same first design which you did originally by changing the blue to purple? Try it out. 

zag1rh2hfy5vrihmrhf6.gif

#1 -- Use the colors from that logo to your logo.

#2 -- try other one by switching blue to purple.

doesn't hurt to try