MiLB | California League Logo Rebrand

Go Red Sox!

Another rebrand of a MiLB league logo. This time it's the California League whose current logo has been in use since 2000. No more baseball and bats, or gold and red, but orange and yellow as the two new colors.

Link to current mark: http://www.sportslogos.net/logos/view/zag1rh2hfy5vrihmrhf6/_California_League/2000/Primary_Logo

California League logo.png

Never argue with an idiot! They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.––George Carlin

It's a good logo. I just don't think it resonates with "California" really well. This really needs a California landmark/iconography instead of a generic mountain and water. 

To me, the colors give off an Arizona-vibe, while the center icon reminds me more of a Hawaiian island in the ocean at sunset. 

I really like where you're going with this! While Atomic is right as in it doesn't scream "California" to me, one idea I had is that you could make the mountains make the shape of the Californian coast? But instead of run it from N-S, make it run from W-E so it looks like "mountains." 

And the colors should be a little more brighter and vibrant. Something like light blue (ocean), tan/sandy (desert), white and a darker color (like navy blue or something similar) to accent everything. Perhaps similar to the Padres' logos from 2004-2011. 

Thanks, guys!

Here's a less Arizona-vibe, more California-like draft in terms of colors, my first out of two color schemes for this mark.

California League logo2.png

Never argue with an idiot! They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.––George Carlin

Hey @Go Red Sox!, I was just thinking of using the original colors of the logo to your design. it might help alot. and maybe try other one with the same first design which you did originally by changing the blue to purple? Try it out. 

zag1rh2hfy5vrihmrhf6.gif

#1 -- Use the colors from that logo to your logo.

#2 -- try other one by switching blue to purple.

doesn't hurt to try

Alamo%2BBowl_sig.png

Liberty Bowl_sig.png

FEAR THE FROG! LET'S GO TCU!!

Archived