Anaheim Ducks Era Mashup concept

habsfan1

A 90s design with current colors.

The crest now has some gradient inside of the shield, since I wanted to add a little something within the 90s theme :). I kept it subliminal to avoid being too over the top.

C & C...

Ducks 02.png

On 06/07/2017 at 11:29 PM, hockey week said:

Gold and orange should never touch. I'd suggest moving the gold stripe next to the white or removing it altogether. Otherwise, this looks really solid, better than I thought a mashup would look.

If I lighten the bronze and make it a red-ish orange, would that be better? 

On 7/6/2017 at 11:29 PM, hockey week said:

Gold and orange should never touch. I'd suggest moving the gold stripe next to the white or removing it altogether. Otherwise, this looks really solid, better than I thought a mashup would look.

Why should they never touch? Is that a uniform design rule of this tradition-laden franchise?

10 hours ago, habsfan1 said:

If I lighten the bronze and make it a red-ish orange, would that be better? 

Idk if that would do much. 

The gold and orange have this weird blending/clashing problem that just doesn't work well. At distance, they blend, in close, they clash. They're too closely related to work together. The team goes well out of their way to prevent them from touching, and I think you need to do it, too.

Image result for anaheim ducks

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

7 hours ago, WavePunter said:

Why should they never touch? Is that a uniform design rule of this tradition-laden franchise?

Having two colors touch that are similar to each other creates a visual dissonance. It's a standard design principle.

rATMcmK.png

1 hour ago, WavePunter said:

I don't see an issue with the ducks' shades of orange and gold

The colours themselves are fine. But when they're right next to each other it looks like they're merging into a nasty greeny brown that looks like puke.

Not that habsfan's concept warrants the "puke" emoticon, far from it. It's just an unfortunate issue with that colour scheme. Move the colours around as hockey week suggested and you'll have a winner.

mTBXgML.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

• 1 month later...
On 9/7/2017 at 0:10 AM, hockey week said:

Idk if that would do much. 

The gold and orange have this weird blending/clashing problem that just doesn't work well. At distance, they blend, in close, they clash. They're too closely related to work together. The team goes well out of their way to prevent them from touching, and I think you need to do it, too.

Image result for anaheim ducks

Update...

Same concept, but this time I decided to go with no bronze at all for the jersey colors. The colors are now black, white, and orange only, expect for the crest, which remains unchanged and still has the bronze shield.

Ducks[1].png

The update looks sharp.

Thunder Bay Lynx - International Hockey Association (2 seasons, 2017-18, 2019-20, 2018 Xtreme Cup Champions)Houston Armadillos - Major League Hockey (2 seasons, 2016-18) | Minnesota Muskies - North American Basketball Association (1 season, 2017-2018) | Louisville Thoroughbreds - United League of Baseball (1 season, 2017, 2017 United Cup Champions) | Las Vegas Thunderbirds - International Basketball League (1 season, 2016-17, 2017 Champions) 

Archived