NHL's Biggest Losers Series - Anaheim + Ottawa added

OhioSportsMan61

Overall, I'd say that the transition from Reebok to Adidas has been positive for most teams in the NHL. But some teams took a step backwards...so here is my attempt to fix their errs.

First up: Nashville 

What they unveiled: Too minimized for my liking.

Here's my take:

NSHf.thumb.png.a33c8ad3f6242eec27eb249d7f4dccae.png

C&C appreciated. I probably won't get to every single team in the league, most likely just a handful of them that actually need changes to perfect their current sets. Buffalo is next!

My Behance Portfolio --- Follow @Steinosaur19

2LYbxnm.png

2 hours ago, OhioSportsMan61 said:

Overall, I'd say that the transition from Reebok to Adidas has been positive for most teams in the NHL. But some teams took a step backwards...so here is my attempt to fix their errs.

Here's my take:

C&C appreciated. I probably won't get to every single team in the league, most likely just a handful of them that actually need changes to perfect their current sets. Buffalo is next!

Something like this is what I excepted from them (had this idea in mind for them in my series too). Its a better look for them. Looking forward to Buffalo.

13 hours ago, OhioSportsMan61 said:

Here's my take:

Beautiful, I wish this was what they had unveiled.

Thunder Bay Lynx - International Hockey Association (2 seasons, 2017-18, 2019-20, 2018 Xtreme Cup Champions)Houston Armadillos - Major League Hockey (2 seasons, 2016-18) | Minnesota Muskies - North American Basketball Association (1 season, 2017-2018) | Louisville Thoroughbreds - United League of Baseball (1 season, 2017, 2017 United Cup Champions) | Las Vegas Thunderbirds - International Basketball League (1 season, 2016-17, 2017 Champions) 

20 hours ago, OhioSportsMan61 said:

Thanks for the feedback so far! 

Next up is Buffalo...

What they unveiled: Jesus....could you piss off your fans (and all of us jersey fanatics) more? Get rid of the silver and navy please

My take:

BUFf.thumb.png.7d15eb20c48e310e128ac9dbf14297c4.png

I love it. I REALLY LOVE THE SABRES LOOK RIGHT HERE! Yummy! Blue and yellow rules again!

On ‎7‎/‎9‎/‎2017 at 7:58 PM, OhioSportsMan61 said:

Here's my take:

That is what I should of seen Nashville with. This uniform looks very decent. Give the navy pants something to work with. And plus yellow being the prime color is nice. Just plain lovely! Love it, love it!

On 2017-07-09 at 8:58 PM, OhioSportsMan61 said:

Here's my take:

BINGO!!! Bang-on Ohio! This look would have been perfect!

What we got instead, was an example of the KISS pendulum swinging a bit too far. 

Super-simplicity is fine for corporate logos for finance companies...but these are sports uniforms. Put a little pizzaz in there!

Nice job, OSM!

Thanks for all of the positive feedback! Up next is Calgary...

What they unveiled: Why in the world would you think it was a good idea to leave the side panels and flag shoulder patches? It's quite simple to make red/black/yellow work...although I do like the new collar and un-italicized number font

My take:

CGYf.thumb.png.91828d257e08824d1677656e5ea2ac27.png

Edmonton is next...

2LYbxnm.png

IMO, in the past fews years the Oilers haven't unveiled any bad jersey. I like their new colour scheme, you make it work perfectly and both of your concepts are beautiful. However, I think one of them has to be sacrificed for the sake of consistency, and although the Oilers chose the white jersey to model, I'd choose the orange. For the concept itself, maybe stick with the single number outlines and experiment with filling in the white spaces between stripes on the white jersey.

Also, I've always admired your template, and I guess it was bound to be traced at one point. Concepts using it are looking great!

Nyzv9xS.png

Twitter: @ldconcepts / Instagram: @ld.concepts / Website

2 hours ago, ldconcepts said:

IMO, in the past fews years the Oilers haven't unveiled any bad jersey. I like their new colour scheme, you make it work perfectly and both of your concepts are beautiful. However, I think one of them has to be sacrificed for the sake of consistency, and although the Oilers chose the white jersey to model, I'd choose the orange. For the concept itself, maybe stick with the single number outlines and experiment with filling in the white spaces between stripes on the white jersey.

Also, I've always admired your template, and I guess it was bound to be traced at one point. Concepts using it are looking great!

Thanks!

How is this for consistency's sake?

EDMfull2.thumb.png.585dc40caa23253efbea5b9274bc36ba.png

2LYbxnm.png

Next up....New Jersey

What they unveiled: Meh, it's growing on me, but they still could have done better

My take:

NJDFULL.thumb.png.966ca5fa91b59eba57579d70e2427a1c.png

What's funny is that @Grant94 posted something very similar to this concept yesterday. If only we worked for the Devils' marketing/design department haha

2LYbxnm.png

Archived