Northstar Soccer League

Section30

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 7/18/2017 at 2:21 PM, Section30 said:

Next up is Southwest United, located in Marshall, the Swans joined the league in 2001 and are one of the newest teams in the league, they have won 1 championship in 2014. Their main rival is Mankato FC.

Similar to Red Wing, the Swans are owned their sponsor, Schwans Food Company which is based in Marshall. Due to being owned by Schwans the team has been nicknamed the Swans and their logo reflects that. Their colors have changed multiple times along with Schwans color changes. They choose the name Southwest United rather than Marshall to appeal to a larger market and call themselves "The South's Team"

Home: A dark red a cream kit with arrows pointing down or south.

Away: The same as the home but cream and dark red are swapped.

Alt: A throwback to when their (and schwans) colors were blue and gold.

596e5dd9f1936_southwestunited.thumb.png.2bfc745ea092af4a563f303ef877e44b.png

As someone who lives in southwest Minnesota and had a dad who used to work for Schwans, I love this so much. My only suggestion would be to make the colors Brown and Gold because those are Schwans colors and the favorite colors of Schwans founder and SW Minnesota hero Marvin Schwan (that's why SMSU Is Brown and gold). Amazing job I love this thread

S8eR5Rf.png

Q2XFfoc.jpg

5 hours ago, FightingGoldenDevil said:

As someone who lives in southwest Minnesota and had a dad who used to work for Schwans, I love this so much. My only suggestion would be to make the colors Brown and Gold because those are Schwans colors and the favorite colors of Schwans founder and SW Minnesota hero Marvin Schwan (that's why SMSU Is Brown and gold). Amazing job I love this thread

Here's Southwest United in SMSU's gold and brown

59714b43651c6_southwestunited2.thumb.png.c81d8e37df89a459df5fed957240b722.png

Next up is Two Harbors United, known as the Agates they joined the league in 1999 and have won 2 championships, in 2006 and they are the current champs from 2017. Their main rival are the Duluth Porters.

They get the name Agates from being on the coast of Lake Superior where you can find the Minnesota state rock. Their colors are orange, black, and white; the colors of an agate. The Agates logo is based on the split rock lighthouse which is located in Two Harbors. They are sponsored by Castle Danger Brewery, located in Two Harbors.

Home: Orange jersey with an agate pattern on the front, black pants, and orange socks.

Away: A white version of the home, agate pattern still on kit.

Alt: Primarily black kit with a silhouette of split rock lighthouse, white hoop through the front of the jersey, orange top.

597267763427c_twoharborsunited.thumb.png.c6f7a70b294096c17201228d1fb58faf.png

And last but not least we have Virginia FC, the Monarchs also joined the league in 1999 and have won 1 championship in 2010. Their main rival are the Hibbing Miners.

The name Monarchs comes from the cities nickname "The Queen City of the North" and their colors reflect that with regal purple and gold. Their crest is a striped shape loosely forming a 'V' wearing a crown.

Home: A purple kit with a dark purple V on the jersey, gold accents.

Away: A white jersey with one purple and one gold sleeve, gold pants, purple socks.
Alt: A gold jersey with the striped 'V' from their logo on the front, purple pants, gold socks with a purple V.

59726a78db61f_virginiafc.thumb.png.c4f6772a73e8ca80b308190038e08063.png

Well that's the series, thanks for watching!

Archived