NHL Adidas Tweaks (Predators Added)

StevenGrant94

I'm taking a quick break from my NHL Double Series, to create a few concepts "tweaking" some of the new Adidas jerseys.  The Oilers are up first.

Edmonton Oilers:

Oilers-Set.thumb.png.9b11dd8fe7d8ef0844c5b611b4807beb.png

This isn't a very unique concept, but it's what I was hoping the Oilers new look would be.  It uses their updated colours and number style, but the striping pattern from their original WHA jerseys (and last year's third jersey).

By the way, the Adidas template I used for this concept is one I made myself.  If you're interested in using it, it's on the Templates page of my blogger site (there are different variations of the template, for various yoke shapes at stuff like that).

stevengrantdesign.blogspot.com - Twitter: @StevenGrant94 - Instagram: @stevengrant94

New Jersey Devils:

NewJersey-Set.thumb.png.51d935122898e015631171d2a4dcad67.png

I wish the Devils hadn't made any changes to their previous jerseys, but here's my attempt at making their new set work.  I changed the ratio of their arm stripes to resemble their last striping pattern, and then added a bit more along the hem.

stevengrantdesign.blogspot.com - Twitter: @StevenGrant94 - Instagram: @stevengrant94

Calgary Flames:

Calgary-Set.thumb.png.35dde07d6f2812e35aee10796bf47a88.png

I was planning on tweaking the Flames current jerseys (removing the flags and side panels, and adding more of a hem stripe), but I decided to just go with their retro jerseys instead.

On 7/12/2017 at 7:27 PM, OhioSportsMan61 said:

No joke....that's exactly what I was going to post over in my Adidas thread haha great minds think alike. Ofcourse, a job well done @Grant94

That's funny, the whole time I was making that Devils concept, I kept thinking someone was going beat me to the punch and post something identical.  And honestly, your entire NHL's Biggest Losers Series almost exactly matches the "fixes" I had in my head for each team.  I guess great minds do think alike (or the fixes are somewhat obvious, and the teams are silly for not going in that direction in the first place).

On 7/14/2017 at 9:38 PM, Grant94 said:

Calgary Flames:

Calgary-Set.thumb.png.35dde07d6f2812e35aee10796bf47a88.png

I was planning on tweaking the Flames current jerseys (removing the flags and side panels, and adding more of a hem stripe), but I decided to just go with their retro jerseys instead.

That's funny, the whole time I was making that Devils concept, I kept thinking someone was going beat me to the punch and post something identical.  And honestly, your entire NHL's Biggest Losers Series almost exactly matches the "fixes" I had in my head for each team.  I guess great minds do think alike (or the fixes are somewhat obvious, and the teams are silly for not going in that direction in the first place).

For the white jerseys, try making the yellow outline thicker. It will really help with the numbers.

Carolina Hurricanes:

Carolina-Set.thumb.png.75040ecdfb6587b38350c1e00063e467.png

I've always been a fan of the Hurricanes red equipment, as it makes them more unique among red and black teams.  But I also think their new home jersey would look better with black equipment, so that's what I used here (at least for the red jersey, the white jersey keeps the red pants).  Additionally, I made the widths of the stripes consistent between the two jerseys, and added the sublimated hurricane-flag-pattern to the road jersey's hem.

On 7/17/2017 at 7:31 PM, ATolly66 said:

For the white jerseys, try making the yellow outline thicker. It will really help with the numbers.

Thanks for the feedback, I tried that out below and I definitely think it's an improvement.

Calgary-Set2.thumb.png.8588848db2e208f703d1cc32f2631b4f.png

Nashville Predators:

Nashville-Set.thumb.png.0ec4cff705b2a31c2b0dbb61c2fcc562.png

The Nashville Predators simplified their jerseys with the switch to Adidas, but they went too far and now their jerseys are bland.  This concept is my attempt at keeping the simplicity of their new jerseys, while avoiding the blandness.

I think the idea is awesome, but the away definitely needs some more blue. Maybe filling in the space between the cuffs and striping would help solidify that balance.

Maybe do the same on the home jersey too, just to make the jerseys more cohesive together.

All in all, great series though. Hurricanes are definitely my favorite so far.

On 7/22/2017 at 4:04 PM, Zeus89725 said:

I think the idea is awesome, but the away definitely needs some more blue. Maybe filling in the space between the cuffs and striping would help solidify that balance.

Maybe do the same on the home jersey too, just to make the jerseys more cohesive together.

All in all, great series though. Hurricanes are definitely my favorite so far.

Thanks for the suggestion, I think the added blue really helps balance the colours on the road jersey.

I couldn't get home jersey to work with that area coloured in though, so I just left it as is.

Nashville-Set2.thumb.png.34bd8d21d77f85e0d92320997457b6e0.png

Archived