Belgium World Cup 2018 Concept Kit by Scheuer

Scheuer

Recently some of the details for Belgium and Adidas' World Cup 2018 kits were leaked. It was noted that 2018's kits would be more vintage and would draw from older retro kits. For Belgium's, it was leaked that the kit will draw on the famous 1984 Euro kits, which were most notable for the big argyle stripe on the front. Taking this knowledge, I mocked up what Belgium's kits could look like for the 2018 World Cup in Russia.

spread_2000pix.thumb.png.fcc95400e0b13c59eb437bf96e5ec37d.png

The primary kit, as usual, is a red shirt, but is paired with black shorts, hearkening back to the early days of the Belgian team. The most notable feature of the kit is the diamond pattern on the front, with a black and yellow diamond pattern across the chest. Above it are more dark red diamonds, in a gradient pattern. This pattern aims to draw from the retro design, but give it a modern twist. A black, gold and red trim is featured all over the kit, mimicking the Belgian national flag.

For the secondary kit, I drew from the first ever Belgian national team kit, a white jersey with black, red, and yellow sleeve stripes and black shorts and socks. I made a fauxback of sorts, combining a few different eras and smaller details from across the team's history. For the jersey, I went with a cream color instead of a white, creating more of a vintage look. A dark cream horizontal pinstripe lies on the kit, fading as it descends. The crest is the original Belgian crest, which is found on both the shirt and shorts. The shorts and socks are the same as the primary kits'.

Let me know what you think of the kits! Hope you enjoyed!

Archived