Strange Anaheim Mighty Ducks Jersey

GriffinM6

So I was at Plato's Closet yesterday and found a rather interesting Anaheim Mighty Ducks jersey. It looks VERY authentic, even including a fight strap. Everything sewn onto the jersey is very high quality, but there's something off about it, and that's the main color of the jersey. It's actually maroon instead of the purple that the Ducks used. Could this maybe be a prototype, or could they have possibly used a base for an Avalanche jersey at the factory by accident? You be the judge...

596e6fb3b53d4_AnaheimJerseyPic1.jpg.a27f007daec80eabcff2ab16bb38d0e0.jpg 596e6fd0d8a1f_AnaheimJerseyPic2.jpg.2780f40ea6ed2e8a6fc6280ce6e46488.jpg 596e6fdb7d828_AnaheimJerseyPic3.jpg.4a4726e5f59d9808d4fcabb9bbde6db2.jpg 

596e6ff2d0af1_AnaheimJerseyPic4.jpg.3863420a0f8997e7c57cf04a76408be0.jpg 596e6ffe9231c_AnaheimJerseyPic.jpg.51715e2a4431771c121c30fe65caee0e.jpg 596e700cb7537_AnaheimJerseyPic5.jpg.307637b4b0b88d2846fcaae714c2a604.jpg

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

3 minutes ago, rjrrzube said:

Also, look at the word "VINTAGE" on the inside tag. Extra space between "T" and "A", odd tilt of "GE." Those clearly would never get past a company's quality control.

I think the maroon jersey would be the give away for their quality control, not the tag.

Just now, dont care said:

I think the maroon jersey would be the give away for their quality control, not the tag.

Just saying it's another indicator since OP thought the color might have been legit.

One day there will be a CCSLC app that will allow users to take a picture of a jersey, and the app will determine whether it's fake or not within seconds.  

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

1 minute ago, WSU151 said:

One day there will be an CCSLC app that will allow users to take a picture of a jersey, and the app will determine whether it's fake or not within seconds.  

If you need to ask if it's a fake, it's probably a fake

2 minutes ago, Griffinmarlins said:

I knew the color of the jersey was wrong but thought maybe that was just a factory mistake. The patches and numbers seemed a lot higher quality than any other fake jersey I've ever seen. 

They are bubbly, the stitching on the numbers is incredibly thick almost like embroidery, they aren't kiss cut like normal numbers. Also I believe the fonts are slightly wrong but not sure. No way they are real. 

1 minute ago, dont care said:

They are bubbly, the stitching on the numbers is incredibly thick almost like embroidery, they aren't kiss cut like normal numbers. Also I believe the fonts are slightly wrong but not sure. No way they are real. 

The name on back letters are extremely fake...thick and bunched up.

On 7/18/2017 at 1:42 PM, WSU151 said:

One of many reasons why it's fake: a CCM Vintage Hockey jersey won't have a fight strap.  

I don't know about that.

RockiesAuthentic.jpg

8 minutes ago, OMMF said:

I don't know about that.

RockiesAuthentic.jpg

Wow...that's the first I've seen like that.  Usually the CCM Vintage jerseys are all replica.

Archived