2017 NFL Season: Then there were Two

buzzcut

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Ice_Cap said:

What do you want, exactly? For the NFL to tell the Patriots to stop being a good football team to appease contrarians on the internet?

No.  I just want unpredictability when it comes to the teams playing in the playoffs and Super Bowl.  It's boring picking the Pats every year, which I have done since 2002.  Hell, I am going to pick them again to go back to next year's Super Bowl.  It's too predictable when it comes to the playoffs in the AFC: Pats win. 

11 minutes ago, GDAWG said:

Of course Brady is better, just sick of them winning all of the time.  The NFL claims that they are a league of parity, when New England is proof that that is a false claim.  As long as Tom Brady and Bill Belichick are there, they will always be the AFC favorite in the Super Bowl.

That's how a dynasty works. I'm not fond of it either especially being a fan of an AFC team, but while the particular style or swagger of a dynasty (which I don't like New England's but that's subjective) is different along the way, dynasties dominating the league aren't a new thing, just is what it is.

ICXC NIKA

1 minute ago, GDAWG said:

No.  I just want unpredictability when it comes to the teams playing in the playoffs and Super Bowl. 

The Bills, Jaguars, Rams, Eagles, Titans and Vikings made the playoffs this year yet you don't believe that is unpredictable enough?

FOH

Damn, the Saints look like crap today.... already down 17-0 and Drew Brees has a quarterback rating of 0.0.... time to turn the sound down and get some office work done on the laptop.

It is what it is.

That was an unexpected result in Steel City. I give the Steelers some credit for hanging around and not phoning it in once they were down 28-7, though I have to give the same amount to the Jags and some clutch throws by Bortles. Whenever Pittsburgh seemed to have momentum come back their way on one of those ridiculous TD catches, Jacksonville responded. I suspect New England has enough talent to overcome the drama and beat the Little Florida Engine That Could, though I won't be surprised to see a score of 17-9 or something like that around halftime. Jacksonville's defense is pretty damn good.

As for the NFC, the Saints are getting so many flags, they should set up shop next to the UN. A little questionable at times, but it's hard to think Minnesota is going to find a way to choke this one away. 

Most importantly though, with Pittsburgh's loss, I'm okay with any of the remaining teams wining the Lombardi, so it's nice not having to root against someone for a little while. 

"And then I remember to relax, and stop trying to hold on to it, and then it flows through me like rain and I can't feel anything but gratitude for every single moment of my stupid little life... You have no idea what I'm talking about, I'm sure. But don't worry... you will someday." 

Jacksonville's win makes sure that the entire nation doesn't have to see Tom Brady make the Yinzers his bitch once again. That gets old after a while.

Even better yet, it really makes me want to see Jacksonville win because :censored: New England.

1 hour ago, dfwabel said:

The Bills, Jaguars, Rams, Eagles, Titans and Vikings made the playoffs this year yet you don't believe that is unpredictable enough?

FOH

Not when the likely outcome is that New England is going to go to the Super Bowl.

1 hour ago, ozzyman314 said:

If that lauded defence & pass rush actually show up to Foxboro, Jags actually have a good chance. It's a terrible mismatch for The Patriots. I've said from the beginning Jacksonville is the only team with the necessary elements to beat the Patriots(Remider Brady lost to Mark "Buttfumble" Sanchez TWICE in the playoffs).  

But if they're MiA like today, Patriots are going to crush them. 

FYP...

qvxym9f.png
Many thanks to Discrimihater for making the sig.

1 hour ago, Red Wolf said:

People act like the NFL is booked like a wrestling show. If it were, the Broncos would have made the playoffs due to having tall man Brock Osweiller on the roster. 

MAKE BROCK LOOK STRONG GODDAMMIT I'M VINCE MCMAHON

53Ocz8U.png

Congratulations to the Jags! 

I listened to the game on the radio, first time I’ve experienced American football this way. It was an exciting game to listen to, as you never really felt the Steelers were out of it, right up till the death.

And glad to see the much maligned Blake Bortles lead his team to the championship game. Indeed, a more inconsistent QB than any NFL starter I can recall, and a genuine bomb scare on every pass. But on his day he is good solid player, and because of the constant barrage of abuse he gets from all sides, it’s satisfying to see the guy get the big win.

New England will probably win, they would probably win the AFC championship game against any team in Foxborough. But you get the feeling the one team they would rather not play is the Jacksonville Jaguars! 

1 hour ago, McCarthy said:

Yes! Welcome to the couch, Steelers fans. Just kidding. Steelers fans aren't allowed in my house. 

Why would I wanna visit your dump in the first place?

Minny doing what a #2 seed should - drive a stake through their opponent defensively. Tomlin should watch this game, since apparently he can't stop Blake Freakin' Bortles.

NSFCvyu.png

New Orleans just put together an easy-looking drive.  Vikings up by 10 but Vikings fans have been here before...

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

And the other shoe just dropped.  It has always been, and will always be, this way for the Vikings.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Archived