2017 NFL Season: Then there were Two

buzzcut

3 minutes ago, Lights Out said:

The Patriots just won the Super Bowl.

That was an incredible finish. Keenum had the game of his life.

With that said, if he makes the Super Bowl, I expect Keenum & the Vikings to be fed to Tom Brady & the Patriots. :unsure:

Spoiler Alert: The New England Patriots are your 2018 Super Bowl Champions.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, habsfan1 said:

That was an incredible finish. Keenum had the game of his life.

If he makes the Super Bowl, I expect Keenum & the Vikings to be fed to Tom Brady & the Patriots. :unsure:

Well, Bortles will be there, so that doesn’t make any sense. 

5 minutes ago, Lights Out said:

Should have gone for two just because the Saints were being dicks and taking forever to get back on the field.

I don't think this is a fair or true assessment. You're asking a team who just lost on one of the more heartbreaking plays in recent memory to come back on to the field to run a meaningless play based on a completely arbitrary rule. I don't blame them one bit for taking their time to get back out there.

NSFCvyu.png

I'm officially content with whatever Super Bowl Matchup we get. 

Vikings/Patriots would be interesting though. That defense could give Brady trouble, like The Jags. 

Red Sox: 8    Celtics: 17    Bruins: 6    Patriots: 5

Phantom Merch Collector.

7 minutes ago, RockyTopper said:

What do we call this one? I'm thinking since Minneapolis is nicknamed "The Mill City" that the Mill City Miracle is in order. Or maybe the Twin Cities Triumph?

The Twin City Touchdown? 

Phantom Merch Collector.

On a sentimental note: despite being born in and living most of his adult life in Tennessee, my dad became a Vikings fan when he was a kid because he watched them play (and lose) Super Bowl IV on TV and thought their helmets were the coolest thing he'd ever seen, and he's stuck with them all 48 years, all four SB losses, the 98 NFCCG choke, the 09 NFCCG choke, a lot of garbage down years, all of it. He doesn't follow the game too much anymore, but I still like it when good things happen for the Vikes because of that, so that was as sweet as it gets!

I'll be pulling for them next week, and if they make it past the Eagles to the Super Bowl you bet I'm gonna borrow one of his Vikings caps (he's bald and has plenty to share :P ) and give a good "SKOL VIKINGS" for my old man.

ICXC NIKA

Everyone froze because they were all expecting Diggs to step out of bounds, with seconds left to give the kicker a decent FG shot. With an open field in front of him, he had the 6th sense reflex to hit the brakes, make a left, and go for the game winning TD instead.

Regarless of how you feel about either team or who you were rooting for, you gotta admit that was genius.

Oh boy, another "I'm fine with any of these teams winning the Super Bowl except the one that's going to" episode. Like I didn't learn this lesson with the Stanley Cup Finals last year.

Way to unleash the dragon, though, Case. Holy balls.

53Ocz8U.png

8 minutes ago, RockyTopper said:

On a sentimental note: despite being born in and living most of his adult life in Tennessee, my dad became a Vikings fan when he was a kid because he watched them play (and lose) Super Bowl IV on TV and thought their helmets were the coolest thing he'd ever seen, and he's stuck with them all 48 years, all four SB losses, the 98 NFCCG choke, the 09 NFCCG choke, a lot of garbage down years, all of it. He doesn't follow the game too much anymore, but I still like it when good things happen for the Vikes because of that, so that was as sweet as it gets!

I''ll be pulling for them next week, and if they make it past the Eagles to the Super Bowl you bet I'm gonna borrow one of his Vikings caps (he's bald and has plenty to share :P ) and give a good "SKOL VIKINGS" for my old man.

Oddly enough, Vikings were one of my favorite teams growing up (before I really started watching Football). Something about Helmets, the logo, and The Color Purple(not the film) always appealed to me. I always wanted a Viking-Patriots matchup, now we're so close to getting one. 

I'd be happy for them even if The Vikings win. They're a franchise that does deserve it after all the heartbreak they endured. Plus the whole, playing at home in the Super Bowl aspect too. 

7 minutes ago, habsfan1 said:

Everyone froze because they were expecting Diggs to step out of bounds. With an open field in front of him, he had the reflex to go for the game winning TD, instead of the field goal.

Regarless of how you feel about either team or who you were rooting for, you gotta admit that was genius.

That's one of the first things I noticed on the replay, such an underrated part of that play. 9/10 receivers would have just instinctively ran out of bounds. Great on him for having that awareness and going all the way for it. 

Phantom Merch Collector.

27 minutes ago, RockyTopper said:

What do we call this one? I'm thinking since Minneapolis is nicknamed "The Mill City" that the Mill City Miracle is in order. Or maybe the Twin Cities Triumph?

At the start of the drive, Vikings radio announcer Paul Allen said they needed a "Minneapolis Miracle". Naturally, after the TD that's exactly what he called it, twice in fact.

Also, it turns out the play has a fitting name in the Vikings' playbook: "Buffalo right, seven heaven".

CCSLC signature.png

Y'know, outside of the Titans-Patriots(which was exactly what we thought it would be) we had some damn good games this week. Just about everyone of them (again, expect Patriots-Titans) surpassed expectations. 

Falcons vs. Eagles was amazing.

Jaguars vs. Steelers was better than it had any right to be.

Saints vs. Vikings was better than anyone thought it would be (and people already thought it was "the one to watch")

Doubt the Championship Games will be better, but at least it wasn't a completely boring playoffs. Even the Wildcard games were pretty good. 

Phantom Merch Collector.

Archived