2017 NFL Season: Then there were Two

buzzcut

42 minutes ago, DG_Now said:

That's a really smart trade for Buffalo. Putting those assets to work!

I read something about Benjamin still having knee pain from his ACL surgery from a few years back. Is this something the front office may have been concerned about? Has it affected his performance on the field this season? 

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Bengals had previously required a first-round pick for McCarron, but the price had moved. A league source with knowledge of the talks indicated the Browns were willing to move second and third-round picks in 2018 for the backup.

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/nfl/bengals/2017/10/31/cleveland-browns-miss-chance-land-cincinnati-bengals-quarterback-aj-mccarron/819064001/

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

8 hours ago, McCarthy said:

ya Browned it

This reminds me of when the Broncos lost Elvis Dumervil due to fax issues. Of course, Denver has gone to two Super Bowls since then, which is more than Cleveland has gone to in ever.

Two different fanbases are angry with the Browns right now and for different reasons. A second and third round pick for AJ McCarron would've been a straight up heist for the Bengals and I would've loved it so I don't have to listen to dummybears say "PUT MAAACCARRON IN!" after every single Dalton incompletion. I'm thinking there's a rogue agent in the Browns front office who saved them from that deal by "accidentally" not processing the paperwork.

Now watch Andy Dalton get injured by Jacksonville because the offensive line is a bunch of subway turnstiles and the Jaguars pass rush is no joke and then AJ McCarron has to come in and play the rest of the year for the Bengals which would include a start against the Browns. Weirder things have happened. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

Andrew Luck goes on IR for the season, and looks like he pulled a Shaq, who once said, "I got hurt on company time, so I'll heal on company time."

Imagine how the media and Twitter would react if this was Cam Newton who didn't play a down all season.  #ScamNewton would be trending all day.

EDIT: For anyone thinking, 'Well, the NBA gave Shaq a guaranteed contract and NFL contracts aren't guaranteed..."

Going forward, Luck's $12 million base salary, becomes fully guaranteed on the fifth day of the league year, so mid-March 2018.  His 2019 $6 million salary will vest if on the roster the 5th day of the 2018 League Year, so he will be on the roster for those.

He also has an injury guaranteed September 2019 roster bonus, an $11 million roster bonus due the 3rd day of the 2020 league year and a $10 million roster bonus in 2021.

Plus Luck and the Colts have the choice to re-negotiate and change the terms to make salaries into bonus money to be paid immediately but spread out over time, like what SEA did with Russell Wilson this week to put Duane Brown under the cap.  

Luck not being on IR at the beginning was an obvious stunt by the team to keep fans interested early on that he would return earlier.  Apparently Lucks shoulder simply stopped improving a week ago.

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

9 minutes ago, tp49 said:

According to NFL Network Desaun Watson suffered an ACL tear in practice today he's done for the season.  Shame, I really enjoyed watching him play this year. 

Wow, :censored: luck for the Texans. AFC South was looking pretty competitive this year between them, Titans, and Jags. 

Red Sox: 8    Celtics: 17    Bruins: 6    Patriots: 5

Phantom Merch Collector.

Confirmed ACL tear, and McNair brings in Kaepernick for a workout, wouldn't you know it?

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

40 minutes ago, tp49 said:

According to NFL Network Desaun Watson suffered an ACL tear in practice today he's done for the season.  Shame, I really enjoyed watching him play this year. 

Goddamn. I don't like seeing that. I was hoping for a potential Patriots/Texans playoff game this year if all went smoothly. Absolute bummer.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

Feel horrible for Deshaun and the Texans.  Just hope he can fully recover.  The Texans absolutely cannot rush him back.  He's got a bright future, and they could risk it if they try and get him back prematurely.

spacer.png

Also, in regards to the whole Luck/Colts thing: it may have flown under the radar, but imo the Colts have operated at a Browns-level of top to bottom franchise ineptitude. The only difference is they've had one coach and QB through the whole ordeal. Think about it. Grigson's struggles as a GM, Irsay's drug problem, Pagano's crippling ineffectiveness as a coach, the fact that they put one of football's best QBs behind a paper bag of an offensive line for years, and now basically straight up lying to their fans. This is bad. 

spacer.png

Thursday football is dumb. Especially when the Bills keep losing in New York.

No team should play on Thursday unless it's after a bye week. I'm sure it'd be hard to schedule that, but if the NFL is going to keep Thursday games (and I don't think they are), they ought to help the teams maximize their ability to show up.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

I feel like we should have 4 Thursday games. The Opening Night Kickoff for the defending Champ, and three games on Thanksgiving (Lions, Cowboys and a Thursday Night game).

Also, if we have to keep the whole "every team plays on Thursday Night" thing/rule, then the Lions and Cowboys should not have to play a Thursday game twice a season because of the Thanksgiving Day game.

spacer.png

84p0o3A.png

Isn't this the third straight year the Bills lost to the Jets on Thursday? They should petition to the league offices to have them play a different team on Thursday in the future (get real guys, the league is too money hungry to end TNF).

NSFCvyu.png

I have always been under the impression that to drum up interest in the Thursday night games, it was supposed to be divisional match-ups. And while some of them are, you have things like last weeks Miami/Baltimore, week 4's Pats/Bucs, and a few other ones that are just random matchups. 

My idel scenario would have a divisional match-up every week, where they would rotate opponents every year. In some divisions, it would allow for more of the Color Rush games to work out better.

Example:

Year 1- Falcons/Panthers, Saints/Bucs

Year 2- Falcons/Saints, Bucs/Panthers

Year 3-Falcons/Bucs, Panthers/Saints

When asked today whether Ezekiel Elliot will start serving his suspension this week the Magic Eight Ball said "no," as today the Second Circuit issued a temporary stay.

I'll now be taking bets on when Goodell gets fired.  In my view he's certainly deserved it.

Archived