2017 NFL Season: Then there were Two

buzzcut

8 hours ago, dfwabel said:

While Pederson was OC in Kansas City, he was never the play caller.

He only started calling plays until last year.

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/eagles/philadelphia-eagles-head-coach-doug-pederson-play-calling-offensive-coordinator-quarterback-20170718.html?mobi=true

It's hard to coach a team and call plays.

Exactly, which was one of Andy Reid's tragic flaws.  He wanted to be an OC, but applied for HC jobs instead.  

Pederson is basically an OC that leads full team meetings and handles press conferences.  Schwartz handles the defense with 100% control.  I'm pretty sure Pederson wouldn't overrule any defensive call, and I'm even more sure that Schwartz would just ignore him if he did.  I think the biggest differences between him and Reid is that he actually does make adjustments and abandons things that aren't working (he even calls running plays, somthing Reid rarely did) and he listens to his other coaches when they tell him to take a time out.  His plays also don't take 39 seconds to call, resulting in delay penalties.

It helps that his QB is smart enough to audible all the time and can pretty much call the game on the fly.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 11/21/2017 at 2:43 AM, BringBackTheVet said:

They are likable, aren't they.  The only real scumbag on the team is Nigel Bradham, and in the grand scheme of things he's not that bad.  Chris Long donated his entire salary to educational equality, Malcom Jenkins is as down to earth as it gets, and is one of the leaders in the anthem protests (but he doesn't just complain, he actually does stuff), and dopey-ass Doug Pederson has always been likable, even if totally dopey.  It's hard to dislike Carson Wentz, though I could stand to go 10 minutes without hearing about how his lord empowers him to do all these great things and he throws TD passes to honor him.  I almost want them to job to the Patriots just so I don't have to hear Wentz tell his god that the trophy is for her.

I'd rather have that than ANOTHER whole year of Brady circlejerk

This is kinda funny.  Listen to them bust his balls on the sideline for being slow.  "You gonna get dropped to a 70 on Madden, you slow A F"  "you an embarrassment".

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

21 minutes ago, Tracy Jordan said:

I never thought I'd see the day when Case Keenum would be out-performing Mattew Stafford.

Same guy the flippin’ Niners shutout in that Week 1 Monday Night beatdown last year.

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

Lol, Cowboys fans are continually proving they deserve to be counted among the worst fan bases in pro sports. They're already declaring Dak to be terrible and for Cooper Rush (our rookie back-up QB) to go in at QB. 

My goodness I'm surrounded by idiots, lol.

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

3 minutes ago, ozzyman314 said:

I had a feeling the Cowboys offense was going to fall apart without Zeke. 

And apparently the defense isn’t faring much better. 

spacer.png

13 minutes ago, dorshak said:

Cowboys about to be out of the playoffs real quick.

About to be? Lmao. The Cowboys are already out. There isn’t any way they’re winning 5 straight, and anything less than 10 wins won’t make the playoffs this year. 

Not with this garbage. Playoff teams don’t get blown out 3 straight times.

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

Cowboys suck! Cowboys suck! It's a great Thanksgiving :D

Fly Eagles Fly, on the road to victory...

Philadelphia Eagles: NFL Champions in 1948, 1949, 1960, Super Bowl Champions in 2017-18. Philadelphia Phillies: World Series Champions in 1980 and 2008. Philadelphia 76ers: NBA Champions in 1966-67 and 1982-83. Philadelphia Flyers: Stanley Cup Champions in 1973-74, 1974-75

Not wonder Jerry went nuts on Goodell... that old half-skeleton must have known his team was horrific with Elliott.

Good Lord, how good is Ezekiel Elliott?  With him this team seems to be at least a contender... without him they are one of the worst teams in football.  (Cut and paste this comment for Aaron Rodgers and the Packers)

40 minutes ago, oldschoolvikings said:

Not wonder Jerry went nuts on Goodell... that old half-skeleton must have known his team was horrific with Elliott.

Good Lord, how good is Ezekiel Elliott?  With him this team seems to be at least a contender... without him they are one of the worst teams in football.  (Cut and paste this comment for Aaron Rodgers and the Packers)

Zeke is undoubtedly a big part of it, yes, but I'd argue that the losses of Tyron Smith and Sean Lee are affecting the Cowboys just as much. Dak had no chance against that pass rush today. And Phillip Rivers carved the Cowboys up (no pun intended) for around 400 yards. That shows issues that lie deeper than just Zeke. 

spacer.png

Archived