2017 NFL Season: Then there were Two

buzzcut

19 hours ago, Still MIGHTY said:

The Detroit Lions old home, the Pontiac Silverdome was set for demolition today.

The charges went off... but... well...

Lions can’t even collapse properly.

JET FUEL CAN'T MELT STEEL BEAMS #PontiacSilverdomeWasAControlledDemolition

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I honestly think The Ravens are now a better team than the Steelers. 

They've been absolutely dominant while Pittsburgh has struggled to beat a Rodger-less Packers and The Bungles. 

Also, god damn do the Steelers & Bengals play each other dirty. Looks like Gronk wont be the only one suspended next week. 

Red Sox: 8    Celtics: 17    Bruins: 6    Patriots: 5

Phantom Merch Collector.

JuJu definently deserves a fine/suspension after that. Completely unnecessary and immature, especially to taunt Burfict (and I'll be the first to tell you my disdain for him) after he was clearly injured on the field. 

Steelers look like crap right now, and they won't be getting any better if Shazier is gone. I have a feeling it might be the Ravens who come out of the AFC; they always give the Pats some trouble at Gillette.

Anyone else think that unnecessary roughness & taunting, should just be an automatic ejection?

And Yes, Ravens are making a serious case for "Dark Horse" candidate. Hell, the way both teams are playing right now, the division isn't exactly out of reach for them either. 

Phantom Merch Collector.

12 minutes ago, ~Bear said:

I have a feeling it might be the Ravens who come out of the AFC

No.

As a Steelers fan, I will say that the JuJu hit was as dirty as it gets. I don't think he'll be suspended (first offense) but that crap has to be taken out of the game.

The game was just crappy for both sides (the Iloka hit was pretty bad too), but at the end of the day the Steelers are somehow 10-2. Gonna be a heck of a game next week without two big-time defensive players (Shazier, Jimmy Smith).

NSFCvyu.png

21 minutes ago, ~Bear said:

I have a feeling it might be the Ravens who come out of the AFC; they always give the Pats some trouble at Gillette.

I don’t see it. Everyone in the AFC is garbage, except for the Patriots. I’m not even a Pats fan, but I can only go by what I’ve seen this season. The Steelers are paper tigers and the Ravens just aren’t good enough. 

1 hour ago, Lenny Dykstra said:

Juju Smith makes a good block and shows some emotion. Can't do that anymore.

Good block? Then stood over him after the cheap shot? 

Sorry, but that’s dirty AF. Doesn’t belong in football. 

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

41 minutes ago, Rockstar Matt said:

Good block? Then stood over him after the cheap shot? 

Sorry, but that’s dirty AF. Doesn’t belong in football. 

I understand why the gloat would be criticized, but I honestly dont see whats dirty about the hit at all. Im not surprised that it was a flag, Im not naive, but I just dont understand it.

27 minutes ago, Lenny Dykstra said:

I understand why the gloat would be criticized, but I honestly dont see whats dirty about the hit at all. Im not surprised that it was a flag, Im not naive, but I just dont understand it.

Absolutely no reason to hit him, plus it was egregious Helmet-to-Helmet contact. 

Phantom Merch Collector.

6 minutes ago, ozzyman314 said:

Absolutely no reason to hit him, plus it was egregious Helmet-to-Helmet contact. 

He layed his shoulder right into his chest. Their helmets hit but the location of the human head makes that a bit hard to avoid. Also, Burfict was about to tackle the runningback. How is that not reason enough to hit him? He was in hot pursuit.

40 minutes ago, Lenny Dykstra said:

He layed his shoulder right into his chest. Their helmets hit but the location of the human head makes that a bit hard to avoid. Also, Burfict was about to tackle the runningback. How is that not reason enough to hit him? He was in hot pursuit.

He put his helmet right into Burflict’s chin and he launched himself into him, at that.

He could have made the block without trying to injure someone. Literally he just had to stand in Burflict’s way and he would have blocked him enough. 

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

1 hour ago, Rockstar Matt said:

He put his helmet right into Burflict’s chin and he launched himself into him, at that.

He could have made the block without trying to injure someone. Literally he just had to stand in Burflict’s way and he would have blocked him enough. 

Yeah he could have literally done the bare minimum.

A defensive end could sometimes literally hug a QB from behind, lay him down and sack him enough.

Just enough on 3.   1...2...3..JUST ENOUGH

Rams coach said they’re practicing with silent count in anticipation of the game sounding like an eagles home game. 

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived