2017 NFL Season: Then there were Two

buzzcut

7 hours ago, Ice_Cap said:

I don’t see it. Everyone in the AFC is garbage, except for the Patriots. I’m not even a Pats fan, but I can only go by what I’ve seen this season. The Steelers are paper tigers and the Ravens just aren’t good enough. 

There’s no way the Ravens make it out of the AFC. That offensive showing on sunday was the exception, not the rule. I can see them getting to the divisional round, maybe even to the AFCCG if their offense plays well. But I can’t see them beating New England in Foxboro, as depressing as that is. 

spacer.png

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, Ice_Cap said:

The Steelers are struggling against the Bengals? 

Let’s just skip the AFC Playoffs and name the Patriots the champs. It’ll save us all some time. 

I've discussed this with fellow Steeler fans at work and we pretty much agree that the Steelers play to level of the team that they face. The Bengals can be a pretty good team, when their head is in the game, but overall they're a waist of oxygen of a franchise. 

I was really not surprised by the halftime score. Silently, I even said, 'We got them right where we need them.' The Steelers have played this type of game almost all season long...and I hate it. Lure the opposing team into a comfortable state of a game, make them think they have control of the game and then comeback at the last minute to win it. Even the fans at PBS knew this was going to happen (and how many times have the Steelers done this to the Bengals the past few years?) And it seems effective, given their 10-2 record, but you can't play the playoffs like this. We'll have to wait and see.

7 hours ago, ozzyman314 said:

Absolutely no reason to hit him, plus it was egregious Helmet-to-Helmet contact. 

It was bad, and absolutely unnecessary as I stated earlier (the taunt was particularly disturbing). But it's really no worse than the Gronk cheap shot as well. A hefty fine will calm JuJu down some. Iloka should also be fined.

6 minutes ago, Viola73 said:

I've discussed this with fellow Steeler fans at work and we pretty much agree that the Steelers play to level of the team that they face. The Bengals can be a pretty good team, when their head is in the game, but overall they're a waist of oxygen of a franchise. 

I was really not surprised by the halftime score. Silently, I even said, 'We got them right where we need them.' The Steelers have played this type of game almost all season long...and I hate it. Lure the opposing team into a comfortable state of a game, make them think they have control of the game and then comeback at the last minute to win it. Even the fans at PBS knew this was going to happen (and how many times have the Steelers done this to the Bengals the past few years?) And it seems effective, given their 10-2 record, but you can't play the playoffs like this. We'll have to wait and see.

I feel like the more people dismiss the Steelers is when they become more dangerous. But that doesn't make it easy for us fans who have to watch them eek out wins over the lowly Colts and Bengals.

NSFCvyu.png

6 hours ago, Rockstar Matt said:

He put his helmet right into Burflict’s chin and he launched himself into him, at that.

He could have made the block without trying to injure someone. Literally he just had to stand in Burflict’s way and he would have blocked him enough. 

I don't think JuJu "launched" himself at Burfict. Gronk launched himself at the Bills player...with a half spear twist at the end.

And I don't think JuJu was trying to hurt him either. JuJu saw an opportunity to lay a hit on an opposing player that had been giving the Steelers fits all game. And if you compare the two players, side by side, JuJu is just outmatched. 

So, when a play like this happens, there is going to be some standing over the receiver of the hit, there is going to be some gloating, and there are going to be some flags.

Big Ben said it best after the game and asked about all the hits in the game....AFC North football.

9 minutes ago, JWhiz96 said:

I feel like the more people dismiss the Steelers is when they become more dangerous. But that doesn't make it easy for us fans who have to watch them eek out wins over the lowly Colts and Bengals.

OHHHHHHH, BELIEVE ME! I'm in my mid 40's, so I have to start to watch how much salt and sugar I consume cause, according to the commercials, I am at risk for a heart attack while being struck by lightning. 

Watching the Steelers play is almost as bad as eating two full baked hams covered in sea salt while downing 3 milkshakes from Mickey D's and deciding to go on a 6 mile run for the very fist time. Neither one is good for ones health.

I might have to take back my words after this Sunday, but Carolina is not that good. I'll be surprised if they get the 6th seed... They beat New England early in the season, but it seems like they're a slightly above average team. I wouldn't be surprised if Cam does well against the Vikings though.

1 hour ago, neo_prankster said:

Any word on whether the Rams will have to move their game with the Eagles out of the Coliseum?

There has been no reports that they'll have to move it. The fires are near, but not close enough where it will affect the game or the air quality (any more so than regular LA air quality lol).

The Rams held an indoor walkthrough practice yesterday, but they are on the field today.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Where actually could the Rams or Chargers move on such short notice?

The Bay area?Both of those teams are on the road.Arizona & Denver are both home so no.Guess that would mean

Football double header in San Diego?

Bet that would go over like a Led Zeppelin.?

See the fire map.  No fires are near downtown, the Thomas Fire is 15 miles from the Rams’ headquarters and the smoke’s being blown over the water.

Keep in mind here that when the media panics about LA being on fire that the furthest north point to the furthest south point of LA proper is 45 miles and the metro area is greater than 10,000 square miles.

VmWIn6B.png

http://www.phillyvoice.com/fox-seeks-actors-be-los-angeles-rams-fans-eagles-game/

Fox is hiring actors to play Rams fans so their live pregame show isn’t full of eagles supporters. 

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Also consider that the Fox Pregame show will start at 9 a.m. local time with the game itself not kicking off until 1:25 p.m. local time. So take into account the drive time to the stadium, parking, etc.

So no, not too many people will be there even earlier than that to get their spot on TV for the pregame show.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

16 hours ago, jmac11281 said:

But hey, we're the NFL! We need two teams in LA!

LA was always the greatest threat for owners to get a new stadium. And now they have the threat of St. Louis and San Diego. 

iq5b7nF.png

On 12/8/2017 at 7:16 AM, BringBackTheVet said:

http://www.phillyvoice.com/fox-seeks-actors-be-los-angeles-rams-fans-eagles-game/

Fox is hiring actors to play Rams fans so their live pregame show isn’t full of eagles supporters. 

I remember reading somewhere that the Chargers allegedly hired actors to fill seats at their first rally post-move.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

On 12/8/2017 at 7:16 AM, BringBackTheVet said:

"Hiring actors" is a bit of an exaggeration. This to me looks like Fox is trying to be clever in advertising the damn pre-game show but putting on a casting site. They used the exact same message on their Facebook group and Twitter, they aren't hiring fans. 

Edit: from a CBS sports article on the topic 

"FOX Sports later clarified to CBSSports.com that it's "not uncommon" for the network to encourage fan attendance at pre-game shows, especially ones stationed in the vicinity of game-day stadiums "prior to the doors of the stadium being open," as Sunday's Eagles-Rams event will be. The network said it has used a similar practice for "all of our shows onsite," and added that it is not "hiring actors" but rather welcoming fan participation for the show.

That hasn't stopped others, however, from piling on the notion that Los Angeles is having a tough time recruiting its own fans".

I think it pretty clear this is just advertising the pregame show. 

uig7aiht8jnpl1szbi57zzlsh.gif4jzjfvwxifvemelyh9xjbnyr4.gifefvfv5b5g1zgpsf56gb04lthx.gif594153172016.gif

Kershaw is GOD! Kershaw is LIFE! Kershaw is ALL!

Archived