buzzcut

2017 NFL Season: Then there were 12

Recommended Posts

Experienced my first NFL game today. Went to WAS-ARI and regardless of it being a late season game between two mid pack teams, it was fun. The only problem was the traveling to the stadium. More travel than watching is not something to look forward to.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ozzy, the Steelers were without the best WR in the league for 3/4 of the game, their pro bowl (arguably all-pro) ILB, and their #2 WR playing injured.

 

You were the benefit of a bad call. Doesn't mean there weren't other factors and decisions, or that the win doesn't count - it just means the breaks went your way. Accept it.

 

And trust me, as a Steelers fan I know about being on the plus-side of this. Seahawks fans make sure to remind me even 10+ years later.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, JWhiz96 said:

Ozzy, the Steelers were without the best WR in the league for 3/4 of the game, their pro bowl (arguably all-pro) ILB, and their #2 WR playing injured.

 

You were the benefit of a bad call. Doesn't mean there weren't other factors and decisions, or that the win doesn't count - it just means the breaks went your way. Accept it.

 

And trust me, as a Steelers fan I know about being on the plus-side of this. Seahawks fans make sure to remind me even 10+ years later.

And the Patriots were without 2 of their best WR, their all Pro right tackle, and their pro bowl linebacker. Stop crying about injuries. Especially when the Steelers barely missed a beat without them. 

 

It wasn't a bad call either, it was the right call. If it was the other way around, yeah I'd be pissed too. Sometimes you're on the good side of the call, sometimes you're not. But no one got "screwed". That's just how the game is. Steelers still had a chance to either win or tie it. But Ben made a dumb throw.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For the first time this year, the Eagles named team captains, hence why they're wearing the "C" patches for the first time ever.  They picked 5 of them.  Of those, 3 are on IR and done for the year.  They're out a HOF OL, captain of the D, elite QB, top special teams player, and Darren Sproles, who was their #1 RB and top returner.

 

They just clinched a bye, and only have to win one of their next 2 (or lose both as long as MIN loses one) to clinch home field throughout.

 

While it would have been fun to see them beat the Steelers in MIN, I can handle them losing to NE again.  Funny that the two Eagles v Patriots SBs are going to happen in the two worst SB cities ever.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm still not counting out Coughlin pulling another one out of his ass and Jacksonville making it to the Super Bowl. 

 

They are a nightmare matchup for both the Steelers & Patriots. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, ozzyman314 said:

And the Patriots were without 2 of their best WR, their all Pro right tackle, and their pro bowl linebacker. Stop crying about injuries. Especially when the Steelers barely missed a beat without them. 

 

It wasn't a bad call either, it was the right call. If it was the other way around, yeah I'd be pissed too. Sometimes you're on the good side of the call, sometimes you're not. But no one got "screwed". That's just how the game is. Steelers still had a chance to either win or tie it. But Ben made a dumb throw.  

That just shows that they're a strong team that has a lot of talent and is well coached.

 

And Edelman and Mitchell are no where near Brown's level. Not even close, and to ascertain the thought that their importance is equal is laughable. Hightower and Shazier is a wash.

 

And it was a bad call. Davante Adams against the Panthers takes two steps and does not make a football move, yet it's a "fumble"? The Panthers scored a TD when the receiver lands out of bounds while juggling the ball. It was initially ruled an incompletion, then after clear video review of the WR landing out of bounds, they overturn it. How in the hell are those two a catch but Jesse James' an incompletion?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Keep in mind bad calls go beyond what happened in NE/PIT.

 

Remember what happened to  Zach Miller? How was THAT not a catch?

 

And one of the Panther touchdowns today vs. GB had no business being a TD?

 

The NFL is not fixed nor rigged- it is just so consistently inconsistent

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, ozzyman314 said:

I'm still not counting out Coughlin pulling another one out of his ass and Jacksonville making it to the Super Bowl. 

 

They are a nightmare matchup for both the Steelers & Patriots. 

 

If anyone saw this happening like seven years ago.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, JWhiz96 said:

That just shows that they're a strong team that has a lot of talent and is well coached.

 

And Edelman and Mitchell are no where near Brown's level. Not even close, and to ascertain the thought that their importance is equal is laughable. Hightower and Shazier is a wash.

 

And it was a bad call. Davante Adams against the Panthers takes two steps and does not make a football move, yet it's a "fumble"? The Panthers scored a TD when the receiver lands out of bounds while juggling the ball. It was initially ruled an incompletion, then after clear video review of the WR landing out of bounds, they overturn it. How in the hell are those two a catch but Jesse James' an incompletion?

Just like The Patriots, and even the Eagles. But Pats fans haven't been complaining about not having Edelman, Mitchell, Hightower or Hogan. So don't be whining about losing AB for half the game. :censored: like that happens. Just likes those calls. The NFL being wildly inconsistent with them doesn't change the fact it was the right call.  

At the end of the day, even if it pisses me off, I'd rather trust the judgment of officials who have called hundreds of games over that  of regular fans thinking they know better. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, ozzyman314 said:

But Pats fans haven't been complaining about not having Edelman, Mitchell, Hightower or Hogan.

You do realize this is your third post complaining about it, right?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Seadragon76 said:

Well then...I eagerly await @Still MIGHTY and his fellow Rams fans to deliver a pretty righteous smack down on me.

 

In fact, it got so bad that I went ahead and played on PS4 instead of watching the game... it was that bad. I don't think I can remember a time where Seattle got smacked around like this at CenturyLink.

 

giphy.gif

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It doesn’t matter if Hogan or whoever gets hurt. The Pats will plug whoever into the system and it’ll work out.

 

Trubisky would be runaway rookie of the year if he was on the Patriots

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I knew that Steelers TD was going to be overturned. I also knew Dez's catch would be overturned. I don't think that's what should have happened in either case, but that's not how the NFL works, unfortunately.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now