2017 NFL Season: Then there were Two

buzzcut

2 hours ago, ozzyman314 said:

In "Water is Wet" news, James Harrison is visiting has signed with The Patriots today. 

Steelers Fans Right Now:

Image result for traitor

I find this hilarious. Harrison has been a star for years in Pittsburgh and now has a chance to bite them in the ass with New England. That's about close to karmic retribution as you humanly get.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Seadragon76 said:

I find this hilarious. Harrison has been a star for years in Pittsburgh and now has a chance to bite them in the ass with New England. That's about close to karmic retribution as you humanly get.

... Yeah, I mean how could Harrison be considered a traitor when it was the Steelers that let him go?

I saw, I came, I left.

Whatever. The Pats did this in '14 when LeGuarrette Blount whined to Belichick off the field during a game and was cut. He was signed less than 24 hrs. later.

At least the Steelers smashed a bad team for once. IDGAF about what happens next week, as long as our stars stay healthy.

NSFCvyu.png

overheard on sports talk radio today in Phila - 

hosts: "last night didn't go well - how long is it going to take the fans to get over last night's win?"  "it's always hard doing shows after a performance like that, just how bad was that win?" 

Callers: "I don't know what to say anymore, I give up on this team after that win" "that win was terrible, and now with two bye weeks, we have to wait three weeks to get another shot at it."

Keep in mind, it's been as positive as I can ever remember around here for the past few months, and even the reaction to Wentz' injury was unexpectedly positive.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

23 minutes ago, Dolphins Dynasty said:

Really?  There are 32 teams in which Player X will label Player Y as a "cancer"  And typically, the starter complains about the backup.

In this case, I think this is more Alabama on Ohio State crime, combined with Apple's issues with his adopted father

Collins would call a former Tide teammate as a cancer.

5 hours ago, dfwabel said:

Did you remake this song yet, or since the Wentz injury, are you all too busy worrying about bulletproof glass?

Oh, that's bad.  Never heard that, and wish I didn't.  Stop it with the Wentz injury.  He appears in the locker room as a force ghost and offers words of wisdom.  I'm sure in the playoffs, he'll force ghost his way into the huddle (along with Rocky) just to inspire the team.  There's no problem.  They'll either play the Rams or Panthers in the second round, and they've already beaten both - on the road - and this time they'll be at home.  Wentz was merely a vessel that was inhabited by the spirit of Eagles Nation.  That spirit will shortly make its way into Foles' vessel, and everything will be OK.  I don't see any way this season doesn't end with them doing the job for the Patriots in Minnesota, and I'm kinda pissed that their recent SBs will have been there and in Jacksonville, vs true SB cities.

The bulletproof glass thing is for another thread, and is something I've thought a lot about since it became a controversy a month or so ago.  Hell - the fact that bulletproof glass even exists is an indictment on our society.  Again... for a different thread.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

18 hours ago, ozzyman314 said:

Wasn't Blount cut because he & Bell were arrested for smoking one? 

Nah. The NFL brought down the hammef in 2015 with a fine for Blount and a suspension for Bell (both should've been suspended, but again whatever).

And Vet I'm gonna tell you what I told my resident Eagles family members on Christmas...without Wentz, you're doomed.

NSFCvyu.png

In regards to the Panthers, they may not be the last team with ownership issues over the next few seasons.  It's a bit surprising that Jerry Richardson did not hand over ownership of the team to his son, Mark.  While several teams ownership situations will probably end up in the hands of the children of the current owner in the next few years, the ownership situations in New Orleans and Oakland will be interesting.  I would think ownership of the Saints and Pelicans would belong to Gail Benson when Tom Benson dies, but who knows.  As for the Raiders?  Well, Mark Davis has no children and was an only child, so it'll be interesting to see what happens to the Raiders after Mark Davis.

On 12/26/2017 at 9:58 PM, BringBackTheVet said:

overheard on sports talk radio today in Phila - 

hosts: "last night didn't go well - how long is it going to take the fans to get over last night's win?"  "it's always hard doing shows after a performance like that, just how bad was that win?" 

Callers: "I don't know what to say anymore, I give up on this team after that win" "that win was terrible, and now with two bye weeks, we have to wait three weeks to get another shot at it."

Keep in mind, it's been as positive as I can ever remember around here for the past few months, and even the reaction to Wentz' injury was unexpectedly positive.

Sports talk radio (especially in Philadelphia) is a cesspool.

12 hours ago, GDAWG said:

the ownership situations in Oakland will be interesting.  As for the Raiders?  Well, Mark Davis has no children and was an only child, so it'll be interesting to see what happens to the Raiders after Mark Davis.

Isn't Carol Davis the owner of the Raiders and her son Mark the one who manages it?Or is the Davis family share held in a trust?I think the Davis's only own 47% but have control of the decision making.

On 12/25/2017 at 11:40 AM, PittsburghSucks said:

So they just realized yesterday that next Sunday is New Years Eve? I don't think so. When I check my on screen TV guide it still says Sunday Night Football. They canceled because there's no winner takes all game. I would have thought they'd have flexed Panthers at Falcons. NBC pays for a full season of SNF. So they must be getting some sort of refund.

While Panthers-Falcons couldve been the SNF game in week 17, if the Saints beat TB at the 4pm slot the late game is for nothing.

I think if CAR-ATL was the Sunday Night game, then conceivably if the Saints win, then the Panthers would be locked into the 5 seed thus they wouldn’t have to play their studs. Also this would hurt Seattle since they’re relying on a Falcon loss to get in(plus they have to beat Arizona, which they should do).

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

Archived