2017 NFL Season: Then there were Two

buzzcut

There's a reason soccer leagues play all their final week of games on the same day and time. It actually makes more sense for the NFL to go this route if/when there isn't one game that is winner-take-all regardless what else happens. Especially with NYE when nobody will be watching a game that will run through NYE on the east coast most likely.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, ninersdd said:

I think if CAR-ATL was the Sunday Night game, then conceivably if the Saints win, then the Panthers would be locked into the 5 seed thus they wouldn’t have to play their studs. Also this would hurt Seattle since they’re relying on a Falcon loss to get in(plus they have to beat Arizona, which they should do).

They didn't want to take their chances on Tampa Bay pulling an upset.

Remember what happened with the Bengals/Jets many years ago?

Despite the horse crap ending the other week, I was happy to see the Patriots get the tie-breaker, since I hate the Steelers and all, but this offensive line and suspect defensive performances have me thinking someone - Ravens, Steelers, maybe even Jags - are gonna come in there and just grind them down and pull off an upset. 

"And then I remember to relax, and stop trying to hold on to it, and then it flows through me like rain and I can't feel anything but gratitude for every single moment of my stupid little life... You have no idea what I'm talking about, I'm sure. But don't worry... you will someday." 

Really hoping for a Browns win. This team never captured the ignominy of the 2008 Lions (that safety!), they just suck like all Browns teams seem to do. Only one team deserves this immortality.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I'm hearing that the Eagles don't want to win the SB without Wentz, so out of respect to him, they might throw their first playoff game so that he can lead them to the title next year.  Hopefully this isn't the case but I'm pretty sure they've decided to take themselves out of the running.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

2 hours ago, the admiral said:

Really hoping for a Browns win. This team never captured the ignominy of the 2008 Lions (that safety!), they just suck like all Browns teams seem to do. Only one team deserves this immortality.

While that's true for this season, I think of this 0-16 as a lifetime achievement award for these expansion Browns.

49 minutes ago, neo_prankster said:

Who do you guys think will be the unlucky sap that gets picked first overall by the Browns in the 2018 Draft?

Since obviously no player wants to be drafted there or sign as a FA unless that's the only option, I wonder if the NFLPA has any room to take action here?  They could make the case that the way the Browns are run is detrimental to their members, and that they deserve 32 options where teams are at least not run so completely incompetently that they win 1 game over 2 seasons, and not much more than that in their entire franchise history.

It would be neat if they forced the league's hand into having a "disbursement draft' - basically an expansion draft, but for the Browns.  Of course if the guys making the picks for the Browns are the same, then they're just going to draft crappy players in this draft too.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

33 minutes ago, BringBackTheVet said:

Since obviously no player wants to be drafted there or sign as a FA unless that's the only option, I wonder if the NFLPA has any room to take action here?  They could make the case that the way the Browns are run is detrimental to their members, and that they deserve 32 options where teams are at least not run so completely incompetently that they win 1 game over 2 seasons, and not much more than that in their entire franchise history.

It would be neat if they forced the league's hand into having a "disbursement draft' - basically an expansion draft, but for the Browns.  Of course if the guys making the picks for the Browns are the same, then they're just going to draft crappy players in this draft too.

Uh....trust the process?

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Archived