2017 NFL Season: Then there were Two

buzzcut

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And now that Vikings/Saints is set, let's take a trip down memory lane to the last time the two teams played each other in the playoffs.

Here's hoping for another Paul Allen on-air meltdown.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

31 minutes ago, CRichardson said:

And now that Vikings/Saints is set, let's take a trip down memory lane to the last time the two teams played each other in the playoffs.

Speaking of Favre, I remember when he was retiring for the last time, I was thinking "are we sure this is actually it?" and lo and behold it was.

OK, Here are my thoughts on Wild Card Weekend:

Titans-Chiefs- Tennessee is incredibly lucky. Forget the Mariota TD deflection pass, the Chiefs going full Chief. How they somehow managed to beat out the Ravens/Chargers (teams with positive point differentials) with a NEGATIVE point differential. Seriously, I can't think of anything about the TItans to be excited about. Mariota is basically Jon Kitna with a good PR staff, Derrick Henry apparently only runs  well in the 4th quarter. And MIKE. MULARKEY. Worst coach to ever win a playoff game IMO.

I cannot believe the football gods did this AGAIN to the Chiefs and yet decided 'Hey, let's smile on Mike Mularkey and a painfully average team.' Mariota is stuck with him again. At halftime, he was gone. Now, he staved off the execution of unemployment. We all lose here.

Falcons-Rams- Frustrating. The Rams were a joy to watch all season, the Falcons were joyless and not fun to watch all season. SO OF COURSE the football gods reward the team that quite frankly looked sluggish most of the year. The Falcons quite frankly can't keep relying on a geezer kicker and a no-name defense. They still keep winning in spite of Matt Ryan.

Bills-Jaguars- Jags defense is better. Their coach went for it on 4th down. Buffalo's kicked a FG. How much you think Buffalo wishes tiebreakers had sent them to Arrowhead? I still think Buffalo is better than the Tennessee Luckboxes.

Panthers-Saints: Seriously, how much do you think Carolina wishes they were playing the Rams? If the Buccaneeers don't hit that late TD in week 17, the Panthers are playing at the LA Coliseum instead of the Superdome.

Titans-Patriots.... oh god. This is the type of game where you just wish they went back to the old days and the Saturday divisional playoff games were at 12/3:30. This is a waste of a primetime timeslots. Patriots Saturday night divisional primetime games are especially lopsided.

Falcons..... after all the talk about NFC UNPREDICTABILITY and PARITY and WIDE OPEN CONFERENCE, I think Atlanta winning again would quite frankly be a letdown. The last thing I want to see is a SB rematch? A worse Falcons team with SARK against the Pats again? No thanks.

Then again, given how this has been an NFL season that has been so wracked with turmoil and injuries and officiating BS, perhaps a SB rematch might be what this mostly joyless season truly deserves.

2 hours ago, CRichardson said:

Just think, Brett Favre was *this* close to playing in his third Super Bowl at age 40 against Peyton Manning if he doesn't throw that pick.

Who's the popular choice to replace Jon Gruden on MNF for the 2018-19 season? Do they pick someone off of Monday Night Countdown? Steve Young or Charles Woodson? Do they poach a rival network for talent? Dan Fouts (CBS) or Charles Davis (FOX)? Or go the retired/fired coach route and pick up Bruce Arians or John Fox?

*the options I chose are just examples not specifically who I'd want

3 hours ago, DNAsports said:

Who's the popular choice to replace Jon Gruden on MNF for the 2018-19 season? Do they pick someone off of Monday Night Countdown? Steve Young or Charles Woodson? Do they poach a rival network for talent? Dan Fouts (CBS) or Charles Davis (FOX)? Or go the retired/fired coach route and pick up Bruce Arians or John Fox?

*the options I chose are just examples not specifically who I'd want

Sarah Spain is going to report all of them to HR until she's the only choice left.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

23 minutes ago, ozzyman314 said:

I hope the Jags beat Pitty.

This is the right answer here, folks. I'd even be content with a Jags/Titans conference game. Bring it on!

"And then I remember to relax, and stop trying to hold on to it, and then it flows through me like rain and I can't feel anything but gratitude for every single moment of my stupid little life... You have no idea what I'm talking about, I'm sure. But don't worry... you will someday." 

10 minutes ago, Alex Houston said:

This is the right answer here, folks. I'd even be content with a Jags/Titans conference game. Bring it on!

only if it was full color rush.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

6 minutes ago, Rockstar Matt said:

Prediction:

The winner of Vikings-Saints will lose to the Patriots in the Super Bowl because this is just how sports work.

Better teams typically beat lesser teams?

The Vikings losing the Super Bowl at home, by any score, would be the worst loss of all time. Except for maybe Brazil to Germany in 2014.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

30 minutes ago, DG_Now said:

The Vikings losing the Super Bowl at home, by any score, would be the worst loss of all time. Except for maybe Brazil to Germany in 2014.

Super Bowl wins over the Vikings shouldn’t count anyway. 

3 hours ago, BringBackTheVet said:

only if it was full color rush.

This is why HD televisions exist. And to think, we'd come across a time where people envy those who are colorblind.

"And then I remember to relax, and stop trying to hold on to it, and then it flows through me like rain and I can't feel anything but gratitude for every single moment of my stupid little life... You have no idea what I'm talking about, I'm sure. But don't worry... you will someday." 

Archived