2017 NFL Season: Then there were Two

buzzcut

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Saying Tom Brady is “questionable” to play is like saying it’s “questionable” that the sun will rise tomorrow.

“Yeah, but there’s a chance it might not happen”

spacer.png

With the Eagles trailing by 5 with 10 seconds left on the clock, Jay Ajayi busts one up the middle and appears headed for the end zone, when all of a sudden Roger Goodell comes out on the field and signals for the referee to blow the whistle and rule that he was out of bounds, despite being in between the hashes, thus ending the game and securing the championship for the Vikings.

After being punched in the face and spat on by owner Jeffrey Lurie, Goodell proclaims "Roger Goodell didn't screw Jeffrey - Jeffrey screwed Jeffrey."

The Vikings deny the conspiracy for a decade, before owner (insert Vikings' owner's name here) admits it to Lurie while on his death bed.

Oh - the Patriots ended up demolishing the Vikings two weeks later, but that's not germane to the story.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I wonder if the Eagles told the NFL that they're going to lose so they don't risk winning a title with Foles rather than Wentz.  That would certainly explain it, and if sports talk radio is any indication, there is a non-insignificant number of fans that hope they don't win it with Foles.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

36 minutes ago, BringBackTheVet said:

I wonder if the Eagles told the NFL that they're going to lose so they don't risk winning a title with Foles rather than Wentz.  That would certainly explain it, and if sports talk radio is any indication, there is a non-insignificant number of fans that hope they don't win it with Foles.

Sports radio talk should definitely be taken with a grain of salt. People here in Baltimore were seriously calling for Joe Flacco to be benched for Ryan Mallett in 2015. The fact that Mallett was Flacco’s backup in 2017 (one of his worst years, especially in the beginning) proves that that was nuts. 

spacer.png

I’ve never been down on the Jags uniforms. In fact I quite like them. I wish they would wear the teal more, but I digress. It’s that damn helmet though. Kills it all. Make that thing all black and you won’t hear a peep out of me.

But they won’t, so they could potentially win their 1st title in their worst look like the Cavs did. The Cavs are gonna have a throwback night in 30 years for that thing. That’s a shame.

Also, go Jags. Get the Patriots out of here. Signed, everyone.

Watching Tom Brady get crunched at home is so fun.

We all remember 28-3 so no victory laps yet, but what a fun start to this game.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

3 minutes ago, Brass said:

Blake Bortles is the prototypical QB that the Patriots usually struggle against, so I am not surprised by any of this.

You mean the greatest playoff QB of all time? I can see that.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Archived