2017 NFL Season: Then there were Two

buzzcut

1 minute ago, Jimmy Lethal said:

Sorry, but I agree with him. No team just lays down like that in the biggest game of the year. Something shady was going on.

I wouldn't say it was "shady," but their playcalling down the stretch was absolutely a gift to the Patriots. So was Russell Wilson's interception. Don't really see how it can be argued otherwise.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

37 minutes ago, Lights Out said:

I got to that point last year when the Falcons gifted them a championship, after the Seahawks had previously gifted them a championship. Why bother getting your hopes up?

8 minutes ago, Jimmy Lethal said:

Sorry, but I agree with him. No team just lays down like that in the biggest game of the year. Something shady was going on.

The Falcons and Seahawks didn't lay down. They just utterly failed to finish their games properly. They couldn't conserve their leads. Both times the Patriots were trailing. Tom Brady goes into Super Cena mode late in the game, as he usually does. Then it's lights out for the opponent.

7 minutes ago, the admiral said:

How many of New England's yards were on penalties and how many of Jacksonville's were?

Jacksonville: 6 penalties for 98 yards

New England: 1 penalty for 10 yards

And no, the Patriots were not some incredibly disciplined team today. They got away with blatant PI at least twice.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

8 minutes ago, the admiral said:

How many of New England's yards were on penalties and how many of Jacksonville's were?

Brady and Rodgers (and Manning before) know that if they throw a 50/50 ball deep, they'll get the benefit of the doubt more often that not.

There were a bunch of DPI calls that could have gone against NE in the second half but, of course, didn't. Jax had 6 penalties for 98 yard; Pats had 1 for 10. And Pats had three first downs from penalties; Jax had zero.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

1 minute ago, Lights Out said:

Jacksonville: 6 penalties for 98 yards

New England: 1 penalty for 10 yards

And no, the Patriots were not some incredibly disciplined team today. They got away with blatant PI at least twice.

Just now, DG_Now said:

Brady and Rodgers (and Manning before) know that if they throw a 50/50 ball deep, they'll get the benefit of the doubt more often that not.

There were a bunch of DPI calls that could have gone against NE in the second half but, of course, didn't. Jax had 6 penalties for 98 yard; Pats had 1 for 10. And Pats had three first downs from penalties; Jax had zero.

Keanu-Reeves-says-whoa.png

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

20 minutes ago, Jimmy Lethal said:

This is insane. This and ZapRowsdower8/Lights Out’s “RATINGS ARE DOWN BECAUSE THE PATS ARE WINNING!” spiel make the NFL thread a chore to read. 

@Alex Houston is right. Love or hate the Pats? The constant whinging every time they succeede is petty and repetitive.

Every single one of us would love it if one of our favourite teams had half the success the Pats have had.

I get it. Sports hate is fun. Sports hate is fine. So sure, hate away. 

To diminish the Pats’ accomplishments by claiming they were “gifted” the biggest comeback in SB history, to claim the NFL is suffering ratings-wise because of their success, or to claim there’s a conspiracy because less talented and less well-coached teams can’t hold leads takes sports hate to embarrassing levels. 

6 minutes ago, Lights Out said:

Look man. I know you have some sort of anti-homer thing going on with the Pats, but the Pats winning isn’t the cause of the NFL’s woes. 
I mean what’s the NFL supposed to do? Tell the Pats to stop being good just to appease contrarians on the internet?

14 minutes ago, Lights Out said:

I wouldn't say it was "shady," but their playcalling down the stretch was absolutely a gift to the Patriots. So was Russell Wilson's interception. Don't really see how it can be argued otherwise.

You're right; they didn't earn any of it. Tom Brady's 37 completions, 328 yards and 4 TDs in Super Bowl XLIX were all "gifted" to him. Same with his 466 yards in Super Bowl LI. All gifted; neither Tom nor the defense had to even lift a finger.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

Eagles TD drive was too easy.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

1 minute ago, habsfan1 said:

So if Minnesota wins, they will be the first team ever to play in the Super Bowl at home.

It only took 52 years.

Didn't the Niners win a Super Bowl at Stanford? Not quite the same as the game having been played at Candlestick, but that would be the closest thing.

Hotter Than July > Thriller

Ballgame 

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Archived