buzzcut

2017 NFL Season: Then there were Two

Recommended Posts

So who’s excited to watch the Super Bowl in a couple minutes?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, RockyTopper said:

At this point I think I'm just gonna surrender the possibility of anybody but the Patriots winning the Super Bowl in the Brady-Bilicheck era and just see how long the most lopsidedly dominant team in NFL history can run with it. I can't even be bothered by it anymore, sure it gets old and people's sense of parity and justice and storylines in sports are thrown right out the window with it, but it is what it is. This is not the day for miracle runs or dark horses in the AFC winning it all, or 99 times out of 100 in the league at large.

At this point I'd rather see the Eagles win the NFC, better to be 0-3 than be the Vikings and be the first 0-5 team and to lose that 5th one in your own stadium.

Same here.

2 minutes ago, insert name said:

I hate this. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We all know that NFL ratings have been down the past two years. Honest question, how much of that is because of Patriots fatigue? For a brief moment I found myself excited for the freaking Jaguars to be in the Super Bowl before I remembered that there was no chance NE would lose. Now, I’ll probably find something better to do that night. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, rxmc89 said:

I was just about to say, is anybody besides Patriots fans not rooting for the Jaguars?  Like, even one person?

 

No one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Crabcake47 said:

So who’s excited to watch the Super Bowl in a couple minutes?

We already watched it. The Patriots won.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, RockyTopper said:

At this point I think I'm just gonna surrender the possibility of anybody but the Patriots winning the Super Bowl in the Brady-Bilicheck era and just see how long the most lopsidedly dominant team in NFL history can run with it. I can't even be bothered by it anymore, sure it gets old and people's sense of parity and justice and storylines in sports are thrown right out the window with it, but it is what it is. This is not the day for miracle runs or dark horses in the AFC winning it all, or 99 times out of 100 in the league at large. They don't care that nobody likes them, they just win like nobody else has, and that's that.

At this point I'd rather see the Eagles win the NFC, better to be 0-3 than be the Vikings and be the first 0-5 team and to lose that 5th one in your own stadium.

I got to that point last year when the Falcons gifted them a championship, after the Seahawks had previously gifted them a championship. Why bother getting your hopes up?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey, at the very least, Bortles wasn't a crap sandwich, Jacksonville took a huge step forward and Brady and the Patriots are super beatable, compared to the almost undefeated juggernaut they were a decade ago.

 

And look, with all the ad nauseum hate about this team, every single one of us would kill to have any of our teams in this position. You don't have to be happy with the result, but pissing and moaning every time New England succeeds is petty and repetitive. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A quote from last year...

 

On 2/5/2017 at 10:40 PM, habsfan1 said:

So who will the Patriots defeat in next year's Super Bowl?

 

 

We'll get our answer shorty, as we find out who'll have the unfortunate fate of being fed to the Tom Brady & the Patriots in the Super Bowl.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Brady is 40 with no signs of slowing down, so does he play to 45?  I think he does, but I don't see him playing until he's 50.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, GDAWG said:

Brady is 40 with no signs of slowing down, so does he play to 45?  I think he does, but I don't see him playing until he's 50.

Little do you know that Brady is being engineered as the ultimate immortal player with perfect titanium joints and mind-sharpening supplements to prolong his career for 20 more years and he has an entire franchises' financial blessing to fund it year after year.

 

Favre was the flawed, interception-throwing prototype of this. Brady is the final form. Accept or be assimilated, earthling.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Alex Houston said:

Hey, at the very least, Bortles wasn't a crap sandwich, Jacksonville took a huge step forward and Brady and the Patriots are super beatable, compared to the almost undefeated juggernaut they were a decade ago.

Yeah, sure. If they can't even lose when they're down 28-3, they're never losing another Super Bowl in this era.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I honestly think this is the last hurrah for the Pats and the vaunted dynasty ends after this year.  With both coordinators leaving (again) and both Brady and Belichick looking older there isnt much magic left in the tank. Brady likely has one or two years left at most and even that is pushing it. I don’t want it

to end but I expect it any day now.

As a Pats fan it’s been interesting to see the team go from underdog back in 2001 to hated juggernaut.

 

i will say it’s scary how much this second half run has paralleled the first run:

 

XXXVI/XLIX - Beat a team from NFC West

XXXVIII/LI - 2 years later, beat a team from the NFC South

XXXIX/LII - going for 3 of last 4, both coordinators leaving (possibly against Eagles)

 

its eerie

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, ZapRowsdower8 said:

We all know that NFL ratings have been down the past two years. Honest question, how much of that is because of Patriots fatigue? For a brief moment I found myself excited for the freaking Jaguars to be in the Super Bowl before I remembered that there was no chance NE would lose. Now, I’ll probably find something better to do that night. 

I think Patriots fatigue really only affects ratings during the playoffs. Tonight was the first AFC Championship I’ve watched in a couple of years, and I only watched because I was over someone’s house for dinner and they had it on. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, DG_Now said:

I just put $20 on the Pats, thus guaranteeing the Jags pull it out.

 

Wrong. The Patriots always win.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, habsfan1 said:

 

Wrong. The Patriots always win.

 

And so did I :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, DG_Now said:

And so did I :(

 

But if you bet money on the Patriots, you won. Why the sad emoji??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Lights Out said:

I got to that point last year when the Falcons gifted them a championship, after the Seahawks had previously gifted them a championship. Why bother getting your hopes up?

 

Gifted?

 

Alright. Stop. You're coming off as utterly pathetic right now and you're better than that, LO.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Brass said:

 

Gifted?

 

Alright. Stop. You're coming off as utterly pathetic right now and you're better than that, LO.

 

Sorry, but I agree with him. No team just lays down like that in the biggest game of the year. Something shady was going on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

tHe NfL iS gReAt BeCaUsE iT hAs PaRiTy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Jimmy Lethal said:

Sorry, but I agree with him. No team just lays down like that in the biggest game of the year. Something shady was going on.

 

Yeah, you can massage pass interference to get whatever you want. There's always pass interference like there's always holding because that's the point of the game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now