2017 NFL Season: Then there were Two

buzzcut

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, rams80 said:

The Los Angeles Rams are the highest scoring team in the NFL.

(Things I never expected to say this season.)

2 hours ago, Dolphins Dynasty said:

They also currently have sole possession of first place in the NFC West (which I never expected at any point).

59b61907e77be_RamIt.gif.602ff0ce56936801b09a68fafbba3b81.gif59b61905985c9_RamItDance2.gif.2aa3bd4b59ab430090913b6496404c88.gif

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

9 hours ago, Rockstar Matt said:

The NFL is too damn inconsistent with what is or is not pass interference. 

The Giants' CB Jenkins got absolutely screwed on a DPI and I have no idea why. He was in perfect coverage. 

I mean, I'll take it, but that bad call led directly to a Cowboys' touchdown. 

The officiating was questionable in all 3 games I watched. I'm no Seahawks fan but they got the short end several times. The DBs absolutely mugged Graham on that end zone play. In the Falcons-Bears game, an Atlanta WR was hit immediately a full yard short of the marker and driven backwards but the ball was spotted at the line of gain and the Falcons given a first down. A full yard error for NFL officials is ridiculous. (Have a screenshot but it won't upload.)

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

They reported an attendance "60,000", but I suspect it was less. However, that stadium is so massive, that having anything less than 70,000 makes the stadium look empty. Hell, when I attended the preseason opener last year, there was 89,000 at the stadium, but there still were lots of empty seats. Unless if you've been in the stadium, it's hard to truly appreciate how big it is. 

I imagine that also because it's a day game, less people show up because of how hot it is. USC suffers from this same issue too when they have day games. 

Also, when looking at buying tickets off of ticketmaster, there's hardly any seats available for any home game you select. Only a handful. I imagine a lot of people bought tickets with no intention of actually going, but rather trying to make some money by selling them on sites like StubHub. 

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

A lot of people were commenting on how good Dallas's defense was last night.

Dallas smothered Eli and the Giants O-Line looked completely shellshocked and overwhelmed from the get-go.

As a fan, that's encouraging to hear. But, the Giants played this game without Odell; and while I'm not wanting to make excuses for a win (a win's a win), but Dallas could play a much closer, smothering style of play because Eli had no reliable deep threat to stretch 'em out.

spacer.png

84p0o3A.png

21 hours ago, BringBackTheVet said:

is there a site that has stats like that?  I'm curious what opposing qb has the most wins in Philadelphia over a period of time

I assume there must be somewhere that lists that, but I'm not sure, maybe somewhere in the depths of ProFootballReference?

I saw it through Sportsnet Stats on Twitter FWIW.

1 hour ago, BringBackTheVet said:

sorry sweetie, but I don't suck minor-league d

CCSLC Post of the day September 3rd 2012

Good God, the Saints look like absolute garbage tonight.  It may be a bit early to predict, but after 3 consecutive 7-9 losing seasons, this season will be the one that will end the Sean Payton/ Drew Brees era.

It is what it is.

7 minutes ago, B-Rich said:

Good God, the Saints look like absolute garbage tonight.  It may be a bit early to predict, but after 3 consecutive 7-9 losing seasons, this season will be the one that will end the Sean Payton/ Drew Brees era.

I doubt it. 

Drew Brees will eventually statpad his way to some random NFL record this season, which is all the excuse they need to keep both of them. 

Red Sox: 8    Celtics: 17    Bruins: 6    Patriots: 5

Phantom Merch Collector.

1 hour ago, B-Rich said:

That look that Adrian Peterson gave Payton in the second half....this Peterson thing isn't going to last long in New Orleans.

Archived