2017 NFL Season: Then there were Two

buzzcut

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, B-Rich said:

Good God, the Saints look like absolute garbage tonight.  It may be a bit early to predict, but after 3 consecutive 7-9 losing seasons, this season will be the one that will end the Sean Payton/ Drew Brees era.

If the D doesn't improve, my predication is that this is Drew Brees' last year as a Saint. 

He politely declined to negotiate an extension of his contract, which expires at the end of this season, saying he wanted to focus on 2017. I think the truth is that for every year but one since 2006, he and every Saints fan have pirated that Wizard of Oz tune and changed the words to "If we only had a D...". I will be forever grateful for the SB win, more than anyone will ever know, but the "use by" date on Loomis and Payton appears to be well past. They've wasted the prime of one of the best QBs to ever play the game because they can't field even an average defense.

If he hits the market, Brees will have his pick of teams like the Texans that have competitive defenses but need a franchise QB. At this point, he has more money than any human could spend so I think it's much more about the chance to hold the Lombardi one more time.

On another note, I hope somebody does a reversed and looped gif of Rivers doing the flamenco dance while trying to call time out. I watched that over and over and LMAO. If it's reversed at the right moment and looped, it will be absolutely epic.

i_am_hilarious_1024.jpg

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

He's an ESPN Deportes reporter and has been for a bit. You know how ESPN likes to do that stunt every once in a while.

He's just not as comfortable on camera with English as he is Spanish. But he's adorable either way.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

12 hours ago, Lights Out said:

That blocked kick was classic Chargers. Earth to Deano: San Diego was never the reason that your team sucks. You are.

Been great in SD today. The salt is so thick around here I need some margaritas...

But it's also been cathartic. People don't have to pretend to care anymore and can just rip the Dolts freely now as they continue their choking ways. It's quite liberating.

Well, the Eagles kicker is out for at least half the season and they signed some rookie who missed half his FGs in the preseason with the Bengals (I think.)  Also top CB is out for around 6 weeks.  Pretty much Fs their season up almost as much as their coach will.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

1 minute ago, ozzyman314 said:

I swear this is all karma at the Bungals for keeping future convicted manslaughter-er Vontaze Burfict on the team.  

A. Karma isn't real. If it was the Patriots would have 0 titles. B. Shut up. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

After watching the game...

-Oh man... that was ugly. Not just ugly-ugly, but U-G-L-Y, you got no alibi UGLY. I think that game sent football back at least 45 years.

-Can anyone that remotely follows the Bengals (like @McCarthy perhaps) tell me what the hell happened here? They have a all pro wideout in Green, a decent QB in Dalton and a decent running back unit with Mixon and Hill... and they can only muster 9 points off of three field goals. I'm starting the think that the excuses are just about out for Lewis and his time in Cincinnati.

1 hour ago, Seadragon76 said:

After watching the game...

-Can anyone that remotely follows the Bengals (like @McCarthy perhaps) tell me what the hell happened here? They have a all pro wideout in Green, a decent QB in Dalton and a decent running back unit with Mixon and Hill... and they can only muster 9 points off of three field goals. I'm starting the think that the excuses are just about out for Lewis and his time in Cincinnati.

What didn't you mention about that offense?

The line has been churned over since their wildcard years. Andrew Whitworth, and Kevin Zeitler have left in free agency in the last two seasons,they cut an aging Eric Winston, Ogbuehi moved from LT after his first two years at RT and brought back Andre Smith after one year in MIN. 

46 minutes ago, McCarthy said:

A. Karma isn't real. If it was the Patriots would have 0 titles. B. Shut up. 

I'm not sure you know how Karma works. 

Vontaze Burfict is a complete thug & a safety hazard to the entire league. Bungles deserve all the :censored: they're experiencing for keeping that PoS. 

P.S. Karma is real, which is why the Patriots have 5 titles. 

Red Sox: 8    Celtics: 17    Bruins: 6    Patriots: 5

Phantom Merch Collector.

1 minute ago, ozzyman314 said:

Vontaze Burfict is a complete thug & a safety hazard to the entire league. Bungles deserve all the :censored: they're experiencing for keeping that PoS. 

I have a question: Are you 12? 

PvO6ZWJ.png

16 minutes ago, dfwabel said:

What didn't you mention about that offense?

The line has been churned over since their wildcard years. Andrew Whitworth, and Kevin Zeitler have left in free agency in the last two seasons,they cut an aging Eric Winston, Ogbuehi moved from LT after his first two years at RT and brought back Andre Smith after one year in MIN. 

I was going to point out....9 points in two games (two homes games, too, right?), I'm assuming issues on the offensive line.  Holes aren't opening in the run game, QB isn't getting enough time to stretch the field, and that's not even taking into account false starts or holding calls putting the offense "behind schedule".

27 minutes ago, ozzyman314 said:

I hope you live through a multi-decade title drought in New England.

Although you'll probably become a Lakers fan long before it ends.

Also, now that I think about it, that :censored: er Rodney Harrison was on some of your Super Bowl teams.  I wouldn't be throwing too many stones about players being thugs and safety hazards to the entire league.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

35 minutes ago, ozzyman314 said:

Vontaze Burfict is a complete thug

Oh, cringe.  That's ... oof.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

38 minutes ago, rams80 said:

I hope you live through a multi-decade title drought in New England.

Although you'll probably become a Lakers fan long before it ends.

Also, now that I think about it, that :censored: er Rodney Harrison was on some of your Super Bowl teams.  I wouldn't be throwing too many stones about players being thugs and safety hazards to the entire league.

Already did once. I can deal with it again. 

Though it will be funny to see a rise in Lakers "fans" directly coincide with Lebron joining the team & the decline of the GSW. 

And Sure, Rodney Harrison was a dirty player too. But why does Burfict still have a job with the Bungles after deciding he'd prefer give Antonio Brown a concussion rather than end his team's 27 year playoff winless streak? Though I guess I should expect as much from a team that also employs the human waste known as Adam "Pacman" Jones.

I have no pity for the Bungles, their misery is completely self inflicted and they've done nothing to change it. 

Red Sox: 8    Celtics: 17    Bruins: 6    Patriots: 5

Phantom Merch Collector.

Archived