2017 NFL Season: Then there were Two

buzzcut

15 minutes ago, ozzyman314 said:

Already did once. I can deal with it again. 

Though it will be funny to see a rise in Lakers "fans" directly coincide with Lebron joining the team & the decline of the GSW. 

And Sure, Rodney Harrison was a dirty player too. But why does Burfict still have a job with the Bungles after deciding he'd prefer give Antonio Brown a concussion rather than end his team's 27 year playoff winless streak? Though I guess I should expect as much from a team that also employs the human waste known as Adam "Pacman" Jones.

I have no pity for the Bungles, their misery is completely self inflicted and they've done nothing to change it. 

1986-2001 isn't exactly what I was talking about, Tawwwmy.  I'm thinking something along the lines of a 30 year stretch in which all of your teams bottom out and absolutely suck.  Which, btw, would actually be how karma works.

As for why Burfict is still a Bengal, I'm under the impression from that game that, while the personal foul at the end helped set up the field goal, his play prior to that moment was why the Bengals were even in a position for that penalty to cost them the game.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
27 minutes ago, rams80 said:

1986-2001 isn't exactly what I was talking about, Tawwwmy.  I'm thinking something along the lines of a 30 year stretch in which all of your teams bottom out and absolutely suck.  Which, btw, would actually be how karma works.

As for why Burfict is still a Bengal, I'm under the impression from that game that, while the personal foul at the end helped set up the field goal, his play prior to that moment was why the Bengals were even in a position for that penalty to cost them the game.

Normally, a team would have to have done something bad for that kind of karma to happen. Which is why it's happening to the Bungals (for keeping trash like Pacman & Burfict). Pats haven't done anything to deserve it. Hell quite the opposite actually, their past Super Bowl win is karma against Goodell for that whole "deflategate" debacle.

With the Bungles, that game should have been the beginning of a serious overhaul for the team. At the very least, Pacman & Burfict should have had the door bitch slap them on their way out of Cincinnati. Instead they were rewarded for it, and well...look where that got them now. They couldn't even make it through off/preseason without being suspended.  

There's some delicious irony in the fact that tweedledum & Tweedleidiot both still have a job, but Colin Kaepernick is apparently too "toxic" for a team to put up with. 

Red Sox: 8    Celtics: 17    Bruins: 6    Patriots: 5

Phantom Merch Collector.

2 minutes ago, ozzyman314 said:

Normally, a team would have to have done something bad for that kind of karma to happen. Which is why it's happening to the Bungals (for keeping trash like Pacman & Burfict). Pats haven't done anything to deserve it. Hell quite the opposite actually, their past Super Bowl win is karma against Goodell for that whole "deflategate" debacle.

Yup, can't think of anything bad the Patriots did aside from constantly flout or ignore league rules to an extent that the league actually had to cover stuff up for them.

You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

5 minutes ago, rams80 said:

Yup, can't think of anything bad the Patriots did aside from constantly flout or ignore league rules to an extent that the league actually had to cover stuff up for them.

You mean that time they were caught doing something perfectly legal but the league decided to penalize them because they were simply in the wrong location for it?

But sure, the same guy that lead a witch hunt against Brady using a report full of so many alternative facts it would make Trump blush, tried "covering up" for him before.  

Phantom Merch Collector.

Just now, ozzyman314 said:

You mean that time they were caught doing something perfectly legal but the league decided to penalize them because they were simply in the wrong location for it?

But sure, the same guy that lead a witch hunt against Brady using a report full of so many alternative facts it would make Trump blush, tried "covering up" for him before.  

Careful Tawwwmy, your youth is showing.

Today, we are all otaku.

Here's some advice: don't punch down. There's no reason for a pats fan to take shots at a team that's had 1/50th the success and the only possible outcome or scenario is you looking like a dickhead. It's unbecoming. 

which takes us back to karma. There's no effing way Boston fans who go out of their way to use immature pejorative team names such as "bungles" have better karma than me, an all-around great guy. The only conclusions are that there's no such thing as justice and none of us have any impact on what happens to our favorite teams.

Also dont say "thug". It's problematic and a dog whistle and that's not what Burfict is anyways.   

Aaron Hernandez murdered a guy while playing for your team. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

48 minutes ago, BlackBolt3 said:

Stepping aside from the psudo-racism for a minute, I'm just glad Deshaun Watson looked like a component quarterback out there, and didn't get completely decapitated by Geno Atkins.

I was thinking more like 'sort of' component myself. Granted, the big run helped them win the game, but that's it. It's enough to beat the seemingly hapless Bengals, but there's going to be issues if they don't get some offense going fast.

1 hour ago, McCarthy said:

Here's some advice: don't punch down. There's no reason for a pats fan to take shots at a team that's had 1/50th the success and the only possible outcome or scenario is you looking like a dickhead. It's unbecoming. 

which takes us back to karma. There's no effing way Boston fans who go out of their way to use immature pejorative team names such as "bungles" have better karma than me, an all-around great guy. The only conclusions are that there's no such thing as justice and none of us have any impact on what happens to our favorite teams.

Also dont say "thug". It's problematic and a dog whistle and that's not what Burfict is anyways.   

Aaron Hernandez murdered a guy while playing for your team. 

It says a lot that I'm more disgusted at the direction of the team than you are. When a team fired a shotgun into their foot and then wonders why they can't walk straight, they deserve to be called out on their stupidity, no matter what team it is. Like you said, my team has had 1/50th the success they have had, so why should I have anything against the Bengals unless they've done something really egregious?

And yes Burfict & Pacman are both thugs, Plain & Simple. This is what? Burfict's 3rd suspension for an illegal hit? You want to add Rodney Harrison & Aaron Hernandez to that list too? go right ahead.  I'm just stating facts. 

Phantom Merch Collector.

18 minutes ago, Kaz said:

plz-stop-post.jpg

Sorry but like I said, when a team starts to crash & burn due to their own idiocy, they deserve to be called out on it. 

Just like when Jed York decided he got sick of having a competitive team so he & Trent Baalke decided to fire Jim Harbaugh. 

Phantom Merch Collector.

2 hours ago, Seadragon76 said:

I was thinking more like 'sort of' component myself. Granted, the big run helped them win the game, but that's it. It's enough to beat the seemingly hapless Bengals, but there's going to be issues if they don't get some offense going fast.

Fair enough. He seemed to fit better as the game went on, and he was without a whole lot of weapons and behind a pretty poor line. Now, I will admit that there were some bad balls thrown, but he didn't make plays that completely killed the team, which is just about all you can ask for in a rookie's first start. He showed a little bit of that game breaking potential last night, and with a little more time to gel with the other skill players, this can be a very good offense.

1 hour ago, ozzyman314 said:

And yes Burfict & Pacman are both thugs, Plain & Simple.

You couldn't have just said dirty players? You absolutely had to go to thugs?

JaiBirdDesignSig.png

9 minutes ago, BlackBolt3 said:

You couldn't have just said dirty players? You absolutely had to go to thugs?

If there's such a meaningful distinction between the 2 words for you, that's your problem. 

Too many people today would rather take the "Sticks & Stones" rather than just hearing certain words. -_-

Phantom Merch Collector.

3 minutes ago, ozzyman314 said:

If there's such a meaningful distinction between the 2 words for you, that's your problem. 

Too many people today would rather take the "Sticks & Stones" rather than just hearing certain words. -_-

It's not too late to be a different and better poster.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

10 minutes ago, ozzyman314 said:

Look, I can go on a long spiel about the negative racial connotation of words such as "thug" and also its relation to being a black man in America, but I'll be brief and echo the sentiments of @DG_Now and hope that you can see your errors and learn from them.

JaiBirdDesignSig.png

16 minutes ago, BlackBolt3 said:

Look, I can go on a long spiel about the negative racial connotation of words such as "thug" and also its relation to being a black man in America, but I'll be brief and echo the sentiments of @DG_Now and hope that you can see your errors and learn from them.

For :censored:s sake, what insult doesn't have some extremely vauge racial connection? :rolleyes:

It's really absurd at this point. People really need to get over themselves when it comes to :censored: like that. 

But whatever. I'm done with my rum induced tangent for the day. 

Phantom Merch Collector.

Sounds like tons of tickets still available for the LAC's first game at StubHub Center.

http://www.dailypostathenian.com/sports/national/article_de61d9e2-60db-5529-a92c-e5de84c78890.html

A 27,000 seat stadium being half empty sure isn't a good look for the NFL. Of course they may have something to do with it, perhaps to punish Spanos. They scheduled the Rams (at home no less), and LA's real team the Raiders on CBS, at the same time opposite the LAC. 

5 hours ago, ozzyman314 said:

It says a lot that I'm more disgusted at the direction of the team than you are. When a team fired a shotgun into their foot and then wonders why they can't walk straight, they deserve to be called out on their stupidity, no matter what team it is. Like you said, my team has had 1/50th the success they have had, so why should I have anything against the Bengals unless they've done something really egregious?

And yes Burfict & Pacman are both thugs, Plain & Simple. This is what? Burfict's 3rd suspension for an illegal hit? You want to add Rodney Harrison & Aaron Hernandez to that list too? go right ahead.  I'm just stating facts. 

For what it's worth, Urinating Tree agrees with you....as do I.

Archived